Davidson @ NCS

Golden1

4 hours ago, Golden1 said:

Winner of this one should take first in the region.  This should be a good one.  Both have good offenses, who can stop the other?  What do you think?

Davidson has a great play caller in Quinn. DA running back gets most of the pub but I think their QB is way underrated.  I am not sure DA has seen the type of d-line NCS has. Lawless and company really get pressure in the backfield to disrupt things.  I'm not sure about how NCS will fair. I think NCS has the better overall team but NCS coach has a tendency to get pass happy. Not sure who I would pick just yet. Either way, this is the DII-A version of BA and MBA for sure

25 minutes ago, OrangeEagle said:

Davidson has a great play caller in Quinn. DA running back gets most of the pub but I think their QB is way underrated.  I am not sure DA has seen the type of d-line NCS has. Lawless and company really get pressure in the backfield to disrupt things.  I'm not sure about how NCS will fair. I think NCS has the better overall team but NCS coach has a tendency to get pass happy. Not sure who I would pick just yet. Either way, this is the DII-A version of BA and MBA for sure

I think NCS being the better overall team is a real stretch here. They have a great run game but no real passing game to go with it. DA has a great line and probably the best passing offense in the state to complement the great run game. NCS may have to pick their poison here and commit to trying to stop one or the other. I believe the only common games are Fayette Academy and FRA. NCS struggled with both more so than DA did. 

28 minutes ago, CFAfan said:

I think NCS being the better overall team is a real stretch here. They have a great run game but no real passing game to go with it. DA has a great line and probably the best passing offense in the state to complement the great run game. NCS may have to pick their poison here and commit to trying to stop one or the other. I believe the only common games are Fayette Academy and FRA. NCS struggled with both more so than DA did. 

Styles make fights. FA was without their starting QB and RB.  Without a doubt DA has a fantastic QB. I like that kid alot. NCS has the best player on the field in Lawless.  Will be interesting to see how the DA line holds up with the pressure Lawless and Elliott put on the QB. Also heard from BGA folks that DA didn't fair well at all against them and NCS held their own.  BGA and DA have similar offenses. This is a match up of styles.  NCS plays their games close and DA appears to want to play uptempo high scoring. This will be a great game no doubt. If DA wins, I think it will be because of Coach Quinn dialing up a couple of special play calls. 

58 minutes ago, CFAfan said:

No passing game? #4. You might have all of him you want on Friday night.

14 minutes ago, carguy59 said:

No passing game? #4. You might have all of him you want on Friday night.

I won't. Lol. I have no rooting interest in this game, just opinions based on what I see. That NCS passing game is about 90 YPG and sub 50% completion. Maybe that's enough to keep a good team like DA honest. Maybe not though. My guess is if DA can contain the NCS RB, they win this one going away.

3 hours ago, CFAfan said:

I won't. Lol. I have no rooting interest in this game, just opinions based on what I see. That NCS passing game is about 90 YPG and sub 50% completion. Maybe that's enough to keep a good team like DA honest. Maybe not though. My guess is if DA can contain the NCS RB, they win this one going away.

Thats not much of a limb your stepping out on. 90 percent of teams will win in HS if they shut down the run game.

1 hour ago, carguy59 said:

I havent heard anyone speak of Davidson's defense.

Where is the thread on NCS D? Lol. This game will be about the O. NCS running game vs DA balanced attack. Should be a fun match up with a lot of very talented ball players on the field and 2 really good coaches.