Davidson @ NCS

Golden1

2 hours ago, NCSdad23 said:

I've seen DA play. They simply do not have the defense to hold us to 21 points. 

Maybe not.  I dont have a dog in the hunt either way.  I will say that I think DA has the best QB And best RB and best play calling coach in that division.

Maybe they dont hold NCS to 21...

So I'll go with 49-28....good luck to both teams

1 hour ago, carguy59 said:

NCS 35 - 21

Maybe you know something we don't but this seems like a wish rather than a true prediction. I have a very hard time believing FRA is going to score more vs NCS than DA will. That seems a stretch to me. Where does the 35 come from? 40+ carries for #26? Or is the QB planning a career game? I hope the game is close and high scoring and entertaining to watch. 

Another question on the 21 point prediction for DA: Columbia Academy rolled up 240 yards rushing vs NCS and passed for 24 yards. DA has a much more dynamic back than CA and a very good passing game to go along with it. You could be right but I'm betting this one turns out a little different.

1 hour ago, CFAfan said:

Another question on the 21 point prediction for DA: Columbia Academy rolled up 240 yards rushing vs NCS and passed for 24 yards. DA has a much more dynamic back than CA and a very good passing game to go along with it. You could be right but I'm betting this one turns out a little different.

The CA game was a long time ago. It was the first game with a new DC and NCS was without their best player on offense. Again, styles make fights. Does DA want to get into a slug fest with the Eagles? Most of you commenting have not seen NCS play or seen what they do on offense. I could put up a tin of stats on the Offense and the RB. Nobody that is an Eagles fan is taking anything away from DA. The QB is really good, the RB is good.  NCS will be the first real test for DA. How is DA going to stop the rushing attack of NCS?  If NCS doesn't win, it's because Brothers doesn't stick with the run.  Book that!

6 hours ago, OrangeEagle said:

The CA game was a long time ago. It was the first game with a new DC and NCS was without their best player on offense. Again, styles make fights. Does DA want to get into a slug fest with the Eagles? Most of you commenting have not seen NCS play or seen what they do on offense. I could put up a tin of stats on the Offense and the RB. Nobody that is an Eagles fan is taking anything away from DA. The QB is really good, the RB is good.  NCS will be the first real test for DA. How is DA going to stop the rushing attack of NCS?  If NCS doesn't win, it's because Brothers doesn't stick with the run.  Book that!

DA is slightly better overall and has a better coach IMO. Should be a fun game to watch though. DA by 3. 

To me it does not look like DA plays defense. They look to be a finesse team. Defense will win this game.

I also have a feeling the QB will get baited this week. He can't throw like he did last week and get away with it. NCS will take it to the house on him. 

DA's run game will get hit hard.  

It will be interesting to see how they respond. 

I've seen them live and watched 3 games on film. 

NCS 42 - DA 28

Edited by NCSdad23

3 hours ago, NCSdad23 said:

To me it does not look like DA plays defense. They look to be a finesse team. Defense will win this game.

I also have a feeling the QB will get baited this week. He can't throw like he did last week and get away with it. NCS will take it to the house on him. 

DA's run game will get hit hard.  

It will be interesting to see how they respond. 

I've seen them live and watched 3 games on film. 

NCS 42 - DA 28

Man...no offense but I think you may be looking through Dad colored glasses.  As an impartial fan that has taken a look at both teams I just dont see NCS winning this game unless DA comes out and has a few costly turnovers.  The running back, QB and Oline for DA will just be too much for NCS to handle.

From the Tennessean

DAVIDSON ACAD. (7-0, 4-0) AT NASHVILLE CHRISTIAN (5-2, 4-0)

Davidson Academy’s explosive offense will square off against a stingy Nashville Christian defense in this battle between Division II-A West unbeatens. The Bears, led by quarterback Stone Norton and running back Da’Joun Hewitt, are averaging 46.1 points per game, while Tennessee defensive line commitment Brant Lawless and the Eagles have held their past five opponents to a combined 56 points.
Kreager's pick: Davidson Academy 28, NCS 21
Murphy's pick: NCS 24, Davidson Academy 21

57 minutes ago, CommandoPride1478 said:

Man...no offense but I think you may be looking through Dad colored glasses.  As an impartial fan that has taken a look at both teams I just dont see NCS winning this game unless DA comes out and has a few costly turnovers.  The running back, QB and Oline for DA will just be too much for NCS to handle.

Has Davidson faced a defense the caliber of NCS? Has Davidson faced a run game the quality of NCS? Both are no.  We know what happened when DA lined up against BGA this summer. Wasn't close.  This game will be a war.  You mention the DA O-line, do you really think anyone on that line can block the NCS front 4?  

Here is what I know, this week has been alot of fun, especially the chatter about this game. We are about 30 hours away from somebody on the board being able to say to the other, I told you so.

• Like 1