District 3-AAA

bigshowchamp

On 10/17/2017 at 0:31 AM, bounder said:

Why Oak Ridge lost all their 6' 5" boys and are going to have to use their little ole 6'1" and 6'2" sophs and  juniors. Ought to be interesting to watch.

Seen teams like Fulton and Science Hill back in the 90's win with 6'2 post.  Oak Ridge will always have athletes, speed and ball players.  

On 10/25/2017 at 5:38 PM, HOOPSGURU said:

Actually around 2009-2010, the Cats went 15-14 and were swept by Central, Clinton, and AC. I think talent was either down or at least very young.

Yeah, we've had a few down years through the years, but never anything that has been sustained. We have always seemed to bounce back. We've been blessed through the years. I owe a lot of that to the tradition in basketball and football we have here. The fans here won't put up with mediocrity very long in Oak Ridge, in either sport.

Edited by SweetScience

On 11/2/2017 at 1:44 PM, GoPats2019 said:

Believe it or not; 1988 - 1995, this district ran through Campbell County. Big county boys who weren't afraid to hoop. Those days are long ago. 

They were good back then, but I wouldn't say the district ran through them. We made the state tournament a couple times during that span. They never did to my knowledge. Clinton was tough in those days too. It was usually OR, CC, and Clinton in no particular order during that time frame.

Edited by SweetScience