White House vs Greenbrier

Copacanobra13

23 minutes ago, LocoLupe said:

Lets quit putting fuel on their fire. We don't need to be playing pissed off teams in week 12 and 13. We won yes thats true. We won in convincing fashion. Yes thats true. I wouldn't say our strong suit is passing either. I think we only average around 100 yards of passing a game. Our strong suit is running the football well and passing off of that. We controlled the line of scrimmage last night which was a big plus. Greenbrier did have some fumbles (quite a few) but so did WH. WH was clearly the better team last night but GB could really play differently in week 12. I think our side of the bracket is set up perfectly for one of our three teams to go to the state championship. I really do. However like I have stated before all three of these teams could beat each other on any given night so lets not act like just bc we are 10-0 we have destroyed these two teams.

In saying this, we probably see GB in round 2 and if we win then SF in round 3. I hope for no injuries and for the BDP to come out on top. Good luck to everyone. One of us three will be playing at Tennessee Tech in a few weeks (maybe to just get killed by Greenville) but one of us will be there.

The deep ball is absolutely one of our biggest weapons.  We've had a long touchdown pass in most of the games I've watched.  I guarantee we score at least two more touchdowns last night if we have our passing game.  I agree we should stay humble and hungry and not overlook anyone, but you're being pretty negative for a White House fan/alumni.  Saying we're gonna killed by Greenville if we go to state? Maybe we would get killed by them, but just rolling over and admitting it before you even get there is super soft.  Congrats to this team! Keep fighting and the goal is 15-0, not 10-0 or 14-1.  

54 minutes ago, LocoLupe said:

Lets quit putting fuel on their fire. We don't need to be playing pissed off teams in week 12 and 13. We won yes thats true. We won in convincing fashion. Yes thats true. I wouldn't say our strong suit is passing either. I think we only average around 100 yards of passing a game. Our strong suit is running the football well and passing off of that. We controlled the line of scrimmage last night which was a big plus. Greenbrier did have some fumbles (quite a few) but so did WH. WH was clearly the better team last night but GB could really play differently in week 12. I think our side of the bracket is set up perfectly for one of our three teams to go to the state championship. I really do. However like I have stated before all three of these teams could beat each other on any given night so lets not act like just bc we are 10-0 we have destroyed these two teams.

In saying this, we probably see GB in round 2 and if we win then SF in round 3. I hope for no injuries and for the BDP to come out on top. Good luck to everyone. One of us three will be playing at Tennessee Tech in a few weeks (maybe to just get killed by Greenville) but one of us will be there.

Listen you obviously don't know our kids if you think we will lay down for anybody. You can post whatever you want all week  but come Friday night those kids show up and love to play the game. Have to learn how to enjoy victories. Obviously greenbrier is a good team but the world is no fun without a little smack talk. Lighten up a little. Go devils. 

• Like 1

I am not being negative at all. I know how good Greeneville is. Also, the long passes have generally been busted plays or a short pass that has been turned into a long pass by the receiver. I have watched this team play and they have done great. I want them to win out but to act like our passing game is great is kind of stretching the truth. We do pretty well passing the ball but its all set up by the run. If you asked the coaches they would say the same thing. I just want the kids to stay grounded and play each game for what it is. You never know when its gonna be your last. 

• Like 1

What are talking about? No I don't personally know the kids on the field. Do you? Smack talk on the field is great but to give a team bulletin board material that you may face in a couple weeks is ignorant. I was a senior the first year that phrase you keep saying was started (2001)  (same ole White House) I am the one that was in the middle of the huddle and started that chant. That was started bc Greenbrier was running their mouth before the season and said we were the same ole White House in the paper. We didn't talk smack on message boards or anything about it. You know what we did? We went out and beat the brakes off of GB that year. We used that as motivation. So no I don't want to run my mouth saying how great we are or how we destroyed GB because there is no reason to give them any more motivation than what they already have. I am not a Debbie downer. I think what is going on is phenomenal and want it to continue! GO BLUE DEVILS

39 minutes ago, LocoLupe said:

I am not being negative at all. I know how good Greeneville is. Also, the long passes have generally been busted plays or a short pass that has been turned into a long pass by the receiver. I have watched this team play and they have done great. I want them to win out but to act like our passing game is great is kind of stretching the truth. We do pretty well passing the ball but its all set up by the run. If you asked the coaches they would say the same thing. I just want the kids to stay grounded and play each game for what it is. You never know when its gonna be your last. 

I just don't see how we have both watched the same team play all year, but think so differently about the passing game.  I agree we have good running backs too, but idk man I don't agree with you about the passing game.  

The 2001 greenbrier vs White House game popped up on my YouTube suggested videos this morning though.  I enjoyed watching it lol.  Go Devils!

You may be right about the passing game overall. Nixon is a good QB for sure. Glad to have him back next year too. What we both agree on is we want our DEVILS to win! I don't care how it happens. Lets GO BDP! Are you going to the playoff games? I can't make it. I have had knee surgery but I listen online at WHINradio. Its funny to listen to our broadcasters. You guys should listen one game. Its actually great. 

On 10/28/2017 at 9:43 AM, LocoLupe said:

You're a wise person, Loco.    We'll play one week at a time and learn from the mistakes   I've seen teams that get too far into their own hype and go home the first round.   Any given Friday, my friend.....  No team is beyond a bad Friday night.  

On 10/28/2017 at 10:43 AM, LocoLupe said:

We see you! :hungry:

And btw it’s Green”E”ville! 

Edited by DevilMan03

9 minutes ago, LocoLupe said:

HaHa Devilman... I hear ya. We are suppose to sneak up and meet you guys in the championship game. How is your side of the bracket? Any tough teams other than Anderson Co?

Elizabethton is a good team but we should handle them at home. Anderson County is overrated in my book. They haven’t played anyone and are coming off back 2 back 3-7 seasons in which they played the devils twice and lost to a combined score of 93-18 with the same team. As well their opponent win loss record is 33-67 

3 hours ago, DevilMan03 said:

Elizabethton is a good team but we should handle them at home. Anderson County is overrated in my book. They haven’t played anyone and are coming off back 2 back 3-7 seasons in which they played the devils twice and lost to a combined score of 93-18 with the same team. As well their opponent win loss record is 33-67 

I gotcha. A lot of people are saying the same about the Blue Devils but they keep winning which is something for sure. You know the playoffs though. Crazy things tend to happen.