AA bracket out

BigG

I think the bottom line is competing on the most equal terms.  If I can bring any child into my school STRICTLY for the purpose of playing a particular sport (in this case women's soccer), then schools that do not have the resources or ability to do that makes for an uneven playing field.  I am certainly aware that there is no science that makes schools enrollment #'s equal, but I think the most reasonable solution there is to attempt to make the school size at least resemble equality. (and yes, I know there is nothing equal about two different numbers)  I have never seen such tight games all the way into the substate which my team made for the first time ever and if it wasn't for one 5-1 game the point differential in those four games was 6/5.....all four matches were decided by a point.

IMO.....moving the private schools was definitely needed....they play under a different set of rules and the results this post season are verifying that fact.  We have never won a district championship nor region title with CAK/Catholic in 4-A, yet our district still lays claim to being the strongest ever based on the number of State Titles those two have won....I've lost count really.  Yes, I am being sarcastic.  This season we finished second in regular season (to Rockwood) and won district championship and region.....and came within a whisper of beating Chucky Doak , who is still playing today. (won in first round 3-0)  If I'm guessing....and I am....I would say they are in virgin territory for their program too. 

All things aside, this season looks much better in my eyes.  You are seeing much more competitive games and interest is way up.  I have been looking on the wrong side of plenty of playoff beatdowns by CAK/Catholic, and they have done it to several teams that actually have solid players in their line-up.  Unfortunately, those were also some of CAK/KC's best teams too.  I have nothing against either of those schools.....they're winning title after title wasn't just about coaching or systems or privileges, but more about how they used the system in place to gain an advantage.  You can argue that point all you want, but it is ultimately true.  I was once asked by a private school coach if I wanted to take my team to train with them at a national training center and he knew fully well there was absolutely no way we could make that a reality.

Kaz  

1 hour ago, kazam37 said:

I think the bottom line is competing on the most equal terms.  If I can bring any child into my school STRICTLY for the purpose of playing a particular sport (in this case women's soccer), then schools that do not have the resources or ability to do that makes for an uneven playing field.  I am certainly aware that there is no science that makes schools enrollment #'s equal, but I think the most reasonable solution there is to attempt to make the school size at least resemble equality. (and yes, I know there is nothing equal about two different numbers)  I have never seen such tight games all the way into the substate which my team made for the first time ever and if it wasn't for one 5-1 game the point differential in those four games was 6/5.....all four matches were decided by a point.

IMO.....moving the private schools was definitely needed....they play under a different set of rules and the results this post season are verifying that fact.  We have never won a district championship nor region title with CAK/Catholic in 4-A, yet our district still lays claim to being the strongest ever based on the number of State Titles those two have won....I've lost count really.  Yes, I am being sarcastic.  This season we finished second in regular season (to Rockwood) and won district championship and region.....and came within a whisper of beating Chucky Doak , who is still playing today. (won in first round 3-0)  If I'm guessing....and I am....I would say they are in virgin territory for their program too. 

All things aside, this season looks much better in my eyes.  You are seeing much more competitive games and interest is way up.  I have been looking on the wrong side of plenty of playoff beatdowns by CAK/Catholic, and they have done it to several teams that actually have solid players in their line-up.  Unfortunately, those were also some of CAK/KC's best teams too.  I have nothing against either of those schools.....they're winning title after title wasn't just about coaching or systems or privileges, but more about how they used the system in place to gain an advantage.  You can argue that point all you want, but it is ultimately true.  I was once asked by a private school coach if I wanted to take my team to train with them at a national training center and he knew fully well there was absolutely no way we could make that a reality.

Kaz  

Well said sir.

16 minutes ago, Buellerbob said:

CAK and Catholic winning state in A/AA...would be like me taking my Div 1 club team and playing D3 soccer with them all season and winning state. But...Greenville's title is watered down this year...smh!!!

Well since Greeneville already put out Catholic in the substate 5-1 in AA so i don't now what your point is.....Do you feel like Greeneville should be playing in the private school division since they won it the last 2 years when the privates were not split?

39 minutes ago, Swipes said:

Well since Greeneville already put out Catholic in the substate 5-1 in AA so i don't now what your point is.....Do you feel like Greeneville should be playing in the private school division since they won it the last 2 years when the privates were not split?

Calling past teams dynasties when they had an obvious competitive advantage, and putting a mark on the new team crowned, unless its Greeneville, because of those teams absence is a bit crazy.

No, I think G misses them and wants them with him;) 

Edited by Buellerbob

4 hours ago, Swipes said:

Don't forget Chuckey-Doak too since all of Greene County is open zoned....

So what's your point? Greeneville is a city with a population of approx. 15k. Greene County has a population of approx 75k including the city population. Greeneville is the only city high school. The county has 4 additional high schools Chuckey-Doak being 1 of them. You can pay a annual tuition to attend Greeneville HS if you live in the county outside of city limits but there is a quota on the number of students GV HS can accept based on student:teacher ratios. GV HS has a student population of under 900 and for over a decade GV played up a division in AAA always bringing it to the likes of Bearden, Farragut, Oak Ridge, Science Hill and Dobbyn's-Bennett - schools with 2000+ students. Now I've been on CoachT since the early 2000's and I have never seen an asterisk next to GV saying "good job guys and gals for playing up" but now when they play and are successful in their rightful division you want to put an asterisk on their wins.

Greene County's success is due to a commitment by the community to support its soccer youth programs, soccer genetics from Tusculum soccer alumni staying in the area and EXCELLENT coaching. No asterisk needed thank you very much,

Edited by soccer67
spelling error

1 hour ago, soccer67 said:

So what's your point? Greeneville is a city with a population of approx. 15k. Greene County has a population of approx 75k including the city population. Greeneville is the only city high school. The county has 4 additional high schools Chuckey-Doak being 1 of them. You can pay a annual tuition to attend Greeneville HS if you live in the county outside of city limits but there is a quota on the number of students GV HS can accept based on student:teacher ratios. GV HS has a student population of under 900 and for over a decade GV played up a division in AAA always bringing it to the likes of Bearden, Farragut, Oak Ridge, Science Hill and Dobbyn's-Bennett - schools with 2000+ students. Now I've been on CoachT since the early 2000's and I have never seen an asterisk next to GV saying "good job guys and gals for playing up" but now when they play and are successful in their rightful division you want to put an asterisk on their wins.

Greene County's success is due to a commitment by the community to support its soccer youth programs, soccer genetics from Tusculum soccer alumni staying in the area and EXCELLENT coaching. No asterisk needed thank you very much,

i hate to tell you i never said anything about an asterisk so i don't know what your talking about.  i was giving examples of other open zoned school making the point that there are alot of schools and counties that are opened zoned that people don't even think about.  I don't need a lecture about Greene County, Born and raised there and know how former college players coach galaxy and everyone has put in work to get Greeneville and Greene County school were they are.  I've been the one on here taking up for Greeneville.