Upperman @ Sequatchie Co.

SCPRIDE30

If anyone in Dunlap knows who #1 on the team is would you please tell him thank you from Ethan and Evans father. Me and the boys were talking last night and Ethan told me the kid reached out to check on him and tell him good game. It doesn’t take a genius to figure out this kid is product of good coaching and better parenting. So thank you!

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Jnutz2 said:

If anyone in Dunlap knows who #1 on the team is would you please tell him thank you from Ethan and Evans father. Me and the boys were talking last night and Ethan told me the kid reached out to check on him and tell him good game. It doesn’t take a genius to figure out this kid is product of good coaching and better parenting. So thank you!

I'm not going to throw out a kids name but #1 comes from a highly athletic family. He's naturally good at anything he does, not taking away from the coaching because he has had some great one through the years.

19 minutes ago, YAIDAD said:

Well call them out! What did they do? 

I think you're being played. It was a clean game. Seq made their own mistakes and know they had their chance to win. Hopefully they meet again and Seq has a chance to redeem themselves at York this playoff season. Good luck.

10 minutes ago, PeasPype said:

I'm not going to throw out a kids name but #1 comes from a highly athletic family. He's naturally good at anything he does, not taking away from the coaching because he has had some great one through the years.

I think you're being played. It was a clean game. Seq made their own mistakes and know they had their chance to win. Hopefully they meet again and Seq has a chance to redeem themselves at York this playoff season. Good luck.

My son knows him and I don’t blame you for not saying his name. I just hope someone tells him thank you from me, because that impresses more than athletics. It meant a lot to Ethan, his brother, and me.

• Like 1

Upperman won 20-14 to finish third. Similar game to York-Sequatchie, Indians had chances in the fourth but their own mistakes helped Upperman keep them out of the end zone, then Bees ran most of the clock out. 

Game looked like a runaway early, 50 yard run by UHS QB on first play then a short TD. Then a 90 yard drive and a short TD pass on first play of second, 14-0.

Sequatchie finally showed some life with a 70 yard run and scored on fourth and goal from the 1. Upperman missed a long field goal and was stopped one more time in the half with an interception at the goal line , from the 25.

Sequatchie drove the field to start the third, 14-14, UHS did the same at the end of the third, missed the extra point, 20-14. 

About 11 minutes left Sequatchie drives again, overcomes a penalty, gets to the UHS 10 with 3rd and 3 but loses 11 yards on an unforced mistake. Pass to the end zone is accurate but can't be pulled in on fourth and long from the 21.

UHS ran all but the final 25 seconds out and got the win. Yardage ended up similar after Bees gained 230 in the first half and were barely slowed down. Too many mistakes by Sequatchie for the 10th week of the season, illegal procedure on third and two on first play of fourth and other drive killers. They get Red Bank next week.

On 10/24/2017 at 11:32 AM, Jnutz2 said:

Me and my parents talked to him after the game last year. Very respectful and the kids coming out of the locker room helped my mother carry something to her car. Class act all the way, and it showed that the coach and parents are definitely teaching them to be outstanding young men

Something we have lacked in Grundy. We’ve had those caliber kids...just poor leadership.