#4 Lebanon @ #1 Oakland - Rd of 32

GoPats2019

1 hour ago, GoPats2019 said:

Historically, lots of underachieving from the Clarksville schools. 

Your right, which is a result of bad coaching. Athletes all over in that town. Northeast will stay good with the current HC. Rossview is relatively new and in a attractive part of town. I don't know the current HC but interested to see if he can build on what he started

5 hours ago, GoPats2019 said:

Can they challenge MJ in Region 4 in 2018?

I don't know exactly what all Mt. Juliet is losing from this season but it would have to be quite a bit for that to be the case. I say that because Mt. Juliet has 153 players on that roster. So pretty much any given year they are gonna have mostly seniors starting with some special younger players getting looks.

Lebanon isn't to that point. They have around 80 players. And this year they just didn't have the depth to keep going when they had injuries. There was a big drop from the starters to the backups and quite of few of them had to play both ways.

For a 6A program they really aren't losing that many players. But they are losing some of the more important ones from this season. They are losing Cooper at RB who averaged about 100 yards a game. They are losing Adewale who was a starting reciever and return man. They are losing several very big bodies up front.

So yeah it was a good building season for Lebanon. But people shouldn't expect them to win 6-7 games next year or challenge Mt. Juliet just yet. They just as easily could have won 2-3 games this year.

17 minutes ago, steelcityroller said:

I don't know exactly what all Mt. Juliet is losing from this season but it would have to be quite a bit for that to be the case. I say that because Mt. Juliet has 153 players on that roster. So pretty much any given year they are gonna have mostly seniors starting with some special younger players getting looks.

Lebanon isn't to that point. They have around 80 players. And this year they just didn't have the depth to keep going when they had injuries. There was a big drop from the starters to the backups and quite of few of them had to play both ways.

For a 6A program they really aren't losing that many players. But they are losing some of the more important ones from this season. They are losing Cooper at RB who averaged about 100 yards a game. They are losing Adewale who was a starting reciever and return man. They are losing several very big bodies up front.

So yeah it was a good building season for Lebanon. But people shouldn't expect them to win 6-7 games next year or challenge Mt. Juliet just yet. They just as easily could have won 2-3 games this year.

Wouldn't you agree though that the number of players doesn't mean as much when you get above 85-90 players. If anything it's more for the intimidation factor

23 minutes ago, MidTennFootball said:

Wouldn't you agree though that the number of players doesn't mean as much when you get above 85-90 players. If anything it's more for the intimidation factor

I think it speaks to being able to keep your athletes in the program and having depth. Lets use Mt. Juliet and Lebanon as examples. Mt. Juliet has 35 seniors on that roster. Lebanon has 17. That has to be an advantage.