Waverly host Forrest Round 1

vandyfan1

19 minutes ago, rednecktiger31 said:

Does anyone know the state record for most points in a season? This year has to be the most points scored at least for Waverly in school history but I would like to see how it stacks up state wide

Greeneville broke our record (‘97) a few years back. The year they played Trez in the title game. Not sure of the total number of points, but it would be well over 700. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, rednecktiger31 said:

Does anyone know the state record for most points in a season? This year has to be the most points scored at least for Waverly in school history but I would like to see how it stacks up state wide

Nevermind I found it. Waverly is only half towards that record. 862 by Fulton in 15 games in 2013. Waverly is at 474 in 8 games. 59 ppg for Waverly, 57 ppg for '13 Fulton. Time for post season play so expecting the numbers to level out some.

862 - 2013 Fulton 15 games

748 - 2010 Greeneville 15 games

733 - 1997 Trousdale Co 15 games

729 - 1997 Alcoa 15 games

723 - 2010 Signal Mountain 14 games

716 - 1998 South Pittsburg 14 games

706 - 2001 Ezell Harding 15 games

686 - 2013 Upperman 14 games

677- 2011 Greeneville 15 games

669 - 2006 Alcoa 15 games

Some big names and if Waverly can play their game I believe theyll be right there with some of the traditional tennessee high school ppwer house teams in the record books. By the way those came straight from the TSSAA record books from 2015-2016.

Edited by rednecktiger31

11 hours ago, Super8Dad said:

PLAYOFFS FINALLY!!!!!!!!!! Maybe we will finally get to see some good games, with our boys coming out on top of course, lol. I like competitive games. Really hate having to sit through blowouts. That game tonight was brutal! :(

Yes that's why the past couple of weeks I went and watch Adamsville,Union city,TCA,and Peabody. You could tell them boys from Hickman didn't want to be out there I felt really bad for them. I left at halftime it was 49-6 I think went to Wal-Mart come back to get my daughter and I was holly crap when I seen that 77 Yea coach was making a statement

Edited by vandyfan1
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, vandyfan1 said:

Yes that's why the past couple of weeks I went and watch Adamsville,Union city,TCA,and Peabody. You could tell them boys from Hickman didn't want to be out there I felt really bad for them. I left at halftime it was 49-6 I think went to Wal-Mart come back to get my daughter and I was holly crap when I seen that 77 Yea coach was making a statement

Man I wanted to leave, but everyone was heading out so a few of us toughed it out so the boys would know they still had some support no matter the conditions, of course my wife said l was insane, lol. Really though, I don't think it was coach making a statement, I think it was more of what you said about Hickman not wanting to be there. The second half we just ran the ball with our jv/freshman and we still scored 3 more times! I was so happy when those last few secs rolled off the clock. :)

45 minutes ago, rednecktiger31 said:

I think they'll make it through this week and be the best game next week to watch too

I will save that Lewis talk for next Saturday. It's going to be some good stuff trash talking with those guys. I guess Forrest don't have much of a fan base here on the T. Does anybody know anything about Forrest !?!?!?