The Trojans of Soddy Daisy gallop into The Ridge...1st round 5A playoffs

SweetScience

18 minutes ago, WilleTheWildcat said:

Good to hear from ya PA. The Wildcat defense has been getting better and better all season long with one exception (Farragut). We played fantastic last week against a very dangerous Fulton offense. I am not sure if our DBs have been tested like they will be this Friday, but we can put pressure on the QB and force him to throw it before he wants to.

really tough to get to the qb, he either catches the snap and fires it quickly or he is on a sprint out.  Very rarely sits in the pocket.  Their offense is very well coached.  They have put up a bunch of points, that's for sure.  We will have to limit the big plays to win.  

47 minutes ago, OneEyedKing said:

Ridge by 32...i say 45-13.

bold. i expect a closer contest. oak ridge is a a solid team but soddy dasiy has been hot of lately. i would like to see a oak ridge v oakland state final or semifinal game. they would match up with the athletic caliber of both schools. they have both middle school footall and this that helps them alot when your talking about developing plaeyrs for deep runs in tssaa playoff brackets.

1 hour ago, BigPoppaPump said:

Now that I'm back in the area with my family, I'm looking forward to some high school football. It was down to watching Cleveland @ Farragut and Soddy @ Oak Ridge. I'm heading up to watch my first ever football game at Oak Ridge. Looking forward to what should be a great atmosphere from what I've heard. If it's anything like the few basketball games I've been to, it should be a dandy. Anything good on the concession stand list that I should try?

We traditionally don't have a very big crowd in the early rounds. By round 3, if we're still playing, then the atmosphere is much better. Plus there's rain in the forecast for Friday, so that will hurt the crowd too.

5 minutes ago, PeriodicPoster57 said:

bold. i expect a closer contest. oak ridge is a a solid team but soddy dasiy has been hot of lately. i would like to see a oak ridge v oakland state final or semifinal game. they would match up with the athletic caliber of both schools. they have both middle school footall and this that helps them alot when your talking about developing plaeyrs for deep runs in tssaa playoff brackets.

Oakland is a 6A school, Oak Ridge is a 5A school.  They will not meet in the playoffs. 

Just now, PeriodicPoster57 said:

i cant agree with it. i think they would be a good playoff teams. having middle school football cant hurt one bit either. it be tough for your cats but id love to see them meet up in a few weeks

Dude, they can't meet up, they play in two different classifications. Oak Ridge is 5A , Oakland is 6A, that game cannot happen in the playoffs.  

1 minute ago, oridgecat said:

Dude, they can't meet up, they play in two different classifications. Oak Ridge is 5A , Oakland is 6A, that game cannot happen in the playoffs.  

not sure how it works where your use too but tn hs football is different. some teams have middle school teams and other teams have ball park teams. tough for them to compete. thats why since oakland and oakridge both have middle school temas i think it would be a good matchup. it probably wont happen because oakridge wont make it to state finals this yr but might if they get on a run

11 minutes ago, catswild said:

We traditionally don't have a very big crowd in the early rounds. By round 3, if we're still playing, then the atmosphere is much better. Plus there's rain in the forecast for Friday, so that will hurt the crowd too.

That's a shame, but it is great to have such a tradition that early playoff games don't matter as much. Here's to hoping I may make a third round trek to Oak Ridge as well.

6 minutes ago, PeriodicPoster57 said:

not sure how it works where your use too but tn hs football is different. some teams have middle school teams and other teams have ball park teams. tough for them to compete. thats why since oakland and oakridge both have middle school temas i think it would be a good matchup. it probably wont happen because oakridge wont make it to state finals this yr but might if they get on a run

I'm sorry you cannot understand this but I will try one more time.  Now try to follow closely. In Tn high school football we have six classifications for public schools.  1A, thru 6A.  In the playoffs 1A schools have their own tournament bracket.  Same for classes 2A through 6A.  Schools that are in different classifications (like Oak Ridge and Oakland) do not, will not and cannot meet in the playoffs.  

Edited by oridgecat