Signal Mountain @ York Round 1 Playoffs

payner410

17 hours ago, Charger64 said:

If York had problems stopping Coalfield, they will have some problems defending Signal. They run it just good enough.......The Signal QB is almost as good as the QB from Coalfield. Signal is underrated at receiver. Got 2 that will be hard match-ups on the outside.

Game might turn out to be a scoring affair. If that happens, I think Signal has a chance. Do not let the record fool you.. Played much of the season without the starting QB and in the Wing-T.

Sissy Mtn got stomped by Whi-wuhl who may be close to Coalfield.  The eagles passing game will be a key for them. 

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

York manhandled Signal Mountain 49-21 on the mountain. York had 2 interceptions in the 1st quarter and was ahead 28-7 at the half. They intercepted on Signal Mountain's 2nd play of the game. The Eagle TDs were aided by big penalties but their 1st TD was a short pass and a long run for a touchdown which was a great play for them. In the 2nd half York went right down to the 4 yard line but were stopped on 4th and goal at the 2. SM was tough on that goal line stand.Then what looked like an interference on SM was called on York and it was 1st & 10 at the 29 of York. SM scored to make it 28-14. Then an onside kick and  York couldn't get the ball so SM started on the 22 of York. Then they scored on a pass making it 28-21. But then York rolled and scored 3 more times for the 49-21 win. The SM kicker was impressive. But York was just much too strong. For some reason the SM cheerleaders stood in front of the York crowd to cheer which seemed odd, instead of moving down to their section of the stands.

Edited by bobcatfan300
I accidently hit save and wasn't finished.

19 hours ago, ChattownLB said:

I said Signal has played more athletic teams all year that York has. From what I have been told by people that know Smith Co, they say we are similar to them skill wise. I have no clue about them. I just know for a fact that signal played a way more athletic regular season than York played.

Tried to tell ya. 

On 11/2/2017 at 10:01 PM, payner410 said:

Just make sure your kicker makes all his tries on PATs that is what is going to make the diff in this game is special teams.When York has to start every drive on their 20. That is something Signal does well!!!!!!!

York started on their 33, their 29, Eagle 16, Eagle 49, their 38, their 20, their 48, their 20, Eagle 7 (when SM went for it on 4th down on their own 10 and Cole Cooper sacked the QB), and the Eagle 48...just twice from the 20.

3 hours ago, bobcatfan300 said:

York manhandled Signal Mountain 49-21 on the mountain. York had 2 interceptions in the 1st quarter and was ahead 28-7 at the half. They intercepted on Signal Mountain's 2nd play of the game. The Eagle TDs were aided by big penalties but their 1st TD was a short pass and a long run for a touchdown which was a great play for them. In the 2nd half York went right down to the 4 yard line but were stopped on 4th and goal at the 2. SM was tough on that goal line stand.Then what looked like an interference on SM was called on York and it was 1st & 10 at the 29 of York. SM scored to make it 28-14. Then an onside kick and  York couldn't get the ball so SM started on the 22 of York. Then they scored on a pass making it 28-21. But then York rolled and scored 3 more times for the 49-21 win. The SM kicker was impressive. But York was just much too strong. For some reason the SM cheerleaders stood in front of the York crowd to cheer which seemed odd, instead of moving down to their section of the stands.

It was funny when the 12th man went quiet when Signal closed the score to 28-21.  very sloppy conditions #1 was very impressive with his speed and quickness.

1 minute ago, bobcatfan300 said:

York started on their 33, their 29, Eagle 16, Eagle 49, their 38, their 20, their 48, their 20, Eagle 7 (when SM went for it on 4th down on their own 10 and Cole Cooper sacked the QB), and the Eagle 48...just twice from the 20.

Yorks kicker did a great job on all his Pats. 

11 minutes ago, bobcatfan300 said:

That was because our kicker did 2 onside kicks should have punted the ball away for our 10, South carolina and WKY is looking at our kicker thanks for noticing that he can boot it! He hit a 52 yarder at halftime with 15 yards to spare!!!! Dont know if you noticed.

Edited by payner410

11 hours ago, Reynard said:

Tried to tell ya. 

Tell me what? York was bigger, stronger than us duh. No one ever said Signal was huge. Athletic. #1 for York good athlete and 36 was a load. You still cannot tell me York played more athletic teams in regular season. If you think that your stupid. Best of luck to York. 

Not it making excuses but it would have been a little more to our favor if the field had drained at all. It either rained 2 inches before he game or the sprinklers we’re left on by “accident”

Either way best of luck next week with Red Bank. Y’all have tough kids that play hard. Good team up there! 

10 minutes ago, ChattownLB said:

Tell me what? York was bigger, stronger than us duh. No one ever said Signal was huge. Athletic. #1 for York good athlete and 36 was a load. You still cannot tell me York played more athletic teams in regular season. If you think that your stupid. Best of luck to York. 

Not it making excuses but it would have been a little more to our favor if the field had drained at all. It either rained 2 inches before he game or the sprinklers we’re left on by “accident”

Either way best of luck next week with Red Bank. Y’all have tough kids that play hard. Good team up there! 

That makes no sense to accuse anyone of leaving sprinklers on. We had to play on the same field.  Not making excuses........oh wait no excuses needed from our team.  Good game by both teams.   

13 minutes ago, ChattownLB said:

You may be right. You said SM played "more athletic" teams. You never said SM BEAT them. 

I wasn't there, so how did YAI keep their side of the field dry?? 

York offense thrives is Sloppy playing conditions. Signals doesn’t. No big deal. Wasn’t accusing anyone. Just saying I was shocked with that big of a crown that field drained terrible. 

York was better.

spread offense struggles more with wet conditions than Wing-t. If That is not common knowledge then I don’t know what is