DII-AA 2017 Playoff & Championship Pickems

Booger

Just now, bcd said:

Yep, Yu showed a lot of grace and I think that affected Yuli in the best way. I would have still laughed my butt off if Yu drilled him in the side on the first pitch though!

Would not have faulted him, but he showed us the type of character he is made of. It was a 12-13 pitch battle, but he got the out. I'm still nervous, cause it's the Dodgers, and they have three out to work with.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Booger, you might need to get the Russian Catholics involved to break the Knoxville control of athletic funds over there. Hillary, Trump, Google, heck who knows, one of them might give you a lead then squeeze your balls. Good luck in the playoffs, make them proud they played for the Irish no matter what.

Booger, you've really gone and done it this time.

You've got the whole board spelling "Luzanne".

Word out of Memphis is Marc Gasol prefers Booger's spelling -- reminds him of  Catalonia -- and will be investing $1 million for his alma mater to rebrand.

Edited by Kublah

8 hours ago, Kublah said:

Booger, you've really gone and done it this time.

You've got the whole board spelling "Luzanne".

Word out of Memphis is Marc Gasol prefers Booger's spelling -- reminds him of  Catalonia -- and will be investing $1 million for his alma mater to rebrand.

Bestes tea in the world

Booger just sayin :mrgreen:

Went to Luzanne's address before and I have never ever seen a visitor sideline any worse than that one.  Soccer bleachers about 3 ft tall and no room to walk.  You actually stand with the players on the sideline.  If Luzanne is going to spend any $ it should be on their visitors sidelines because it is pitiful.  However, on second thought, is it designed this way on purpose?  Surely not that wouldn't be fair.

2 hours ago, chainsaw2 said:

Went to Luzanne's address before and I have never ever seen a visitor sideline any worse than that one.  Soccer bleachers about 3 ft tall and no room to walk.  You actually stand with the players on the sideline.  If Luzanne is going to spend any $ it should be on their visitors sidelines because it is pitiful.  However, on second thought, is it designed this way on purpose?  Surely not that wouldn't be fair.

That's when you, the visiting team, invades the home teams bleachers ... and you root for your team as loudly as you can while you sit amongst them. 

That's exacltly what will happen next year when Whitehaven comes a calling on the other end of a home/home contract. It's not going to be pretty either, because we will outnumber the home fans ... in the home side stands. Can you visualize what i'm talking about?

Edited by kwc

18 minutes ago, kwc said:

That's when you, the visiting team, invades the home teams bleachers ... and you root ror your team as loudly as you can while you sit amongst them. 

That's exacltly what will happen next year when Whitehaven comes a calling on the other end of a home/home contract. It's not going to be pretty either, because we will outnumber the home fans ... in the home side stands. Can you visualize what i'm talking about?

Hadn't thought of that KWC but you gotta point.  More I think about it's home field advantage supersized and designed that way-- when you go next year I bet Whitehaven does take over and rightfully so.  Any team that goes to Luzanne ought to treat them the same way.  Drag out the good bleachers and toss up some old rickety 2x4 with rusty nails to sit on!

1 hour ago, chainsaw2 said:

Having spoken to people at Lausanne about this very subject, I can assure you it is not purposefully designed that way. If they could, they would absolutely have a full stadium. If you have been to campus, you know it is tucked back into a neighborhood and the neighborhood association will not let them build more stands. Heck, they are even limited to a certain number of days that they are allowed to turn on the lights, so this time of year is tough because they can’t use the lights for practice. I would be lying if I said they had a great gameday environment, but it hasn’t seemed to affect the on field product. 

8 minutes ago, WilsonJr1990 said:

Having spoken to people at Lausanne about this very subject, I can assure you it is not purposefully designed that way. If they could, they would absolutely have a full stadium. If you have been to campus, you know it is tucked back into a neighborhood and the neighborhood association will not let them build more stands. Heck, they are even limited to a certain number of days that they are allowed to turn on the lights, so this time of year is tough because they can’t use the lights for practice. I would be lying if I said they had a great gameday environment, but it hasn’t seemed to affect the on field product. 

Wilson, I appreciate your candor and understand.  It's obvious the school is in a neighborhood and may be limited in space, I don't know.  However, the product affected is not Luzanne's team it's the visiting team and their fans.  Completely alters the visiting team's game environment with fans walking among the players.  I'm talking the kicker has to say excuse me to onlookers so they will move for him to practice kicks into the net.  In addition, eventually someone is gonna get hurt and I'm talking about a fan.  They stand within just a few feet of the field because there is no where to sit and see the game. Many plays going out of bounds and people jumping out of the way.  bleachers about 3 feet high and tiny and rickety.  Luzanne's fans have great seats and cheerleaders dancing in front of them.  Other team is  on a sidelines the depth of which is like a pirates plank with fans standing with them and distracting them and their cheerleaders are cheering in a parking lot across the street.  It's a home field advantage like you ain't never seen.

41 minutes ago, WilsonJr1990 said:

I believe you WilsonJr1990. The surrounding neighborhood is very affluent. They don't like it that Lausanne is even located amongst them. The surrounding neighborhood would cast the school out if they could. They have been giving Lausanne the blues every since they have opened the doors. I've heard through the grapevine how the neighboring residents feel about the school traffic and whatnot.

That being stated, the general Whitehaven fan does NOT know the visitors stands situation. They don't know that seating is limited. They are going to come THINKING that Lausanne, being a private school, will have adequate seating. Heck, they are a private school ... it is expected. Can you imagine the shock and awe that will appear on the faces of the Whitehaven masses as they walk into the stadium at Lausannen and see the skimpy visitors stands? 

LOL ... this is going to be worth the price of admission, in and of itself! Because, I'm going to tell you what they are going to do. They are going to march up into the home field stands to TAKE a seat and cheer on their team. They are NOT going to bring lawn chairs. Thay are NOT going to sit in the grass. They are NOT going to STAND along the sidelines.

Just so you know ... especially since Lausanne beat us this year ... that will probably prompt even more to show up then what would normally. I can't wait to see how Lausanne handles this invasion that is imminent.

Edited by kwc