5A Playoff Predictions

Bump11

21 hours ago, Tadvols said:

Come on Q Lou -- did you see the size difference .. did you realize we had 3 former backup FB's playing center, RG and LG ... really .. not Q Lou here .. if you couldnt look out there on that field and see who was the most Physically and gifted looking kids  out there ... lets see lets start with OL .. 310, 260, 270, 270 , 285  , WR  - #8  6'5 ,  WR  - #1  - 6'3 .. RB  - #31 225  , Rb - #22  - 225 .. need I say more .. KC should never lost a game in these parts .. had Maryville on roaps but your Coach blew it ... penalties continue to pile up from the 5 STAR - he has not matured at all ..and Coach allows it ... dont think much of  your coach but he can recruit no doubt .... you guys wont have a problem the rest of way ..  

Tad I can honestly say since my son graduated I haven’t been to a game. I started to go last night but Mrs. Q decdided I needed to do some thing’s around the house. 

Edited by QSouth89

8 hours ago, Tadvols said:

Irish .. good luck .. game was what I thought .. I just didnt know if your Coach was smart enough to realize it .. run those 225 lb running backs behind the 275 lb average OL  .. KC had the Falcons outweighed by a huge margin and running right at them was the correct plan ..  #1 is a huge weapon to offset the inside running  game ...  Matthews  usually gets in yall's way  .. not very impressed with him as a coach .. his teams continuosly get Personal Foul penalties ..  I thought your comment " Falcons were trying to put him out " was interesting .. who but BIG #68 AGAIN gets more penalties ( Personal foul 's and offsides and holding than any HS kid in KNox Co history ) - I know you all had over 100 yards in penalties and he had 60 or 70 by himself  ... I would love to have the time to back through the 4 years to see how many PF and unsportsmanlike penalties he has had ... he has not matured at all in 4 years .. Matthews has no control over him ..  we will see how many of these 300 lb DL he will face and see if he gets away with a swing here or there and a slam when he gets to Georgia ( I am a big Tenn fan and I used to get all upset when we would loose a great talent 5 Star to a rival but I am not upset at all that this kid is going elsewhere - even though we could use him most definately ).. but you guys have a some great character kids on that team no doubt .. saw alot of good sportsmanship .. both teams have some kids mouthing for sure .. there are a couple of Fulton kids Im glad to see go and hope that they and the this kid grow up and act like they got some class about them   ...   I have said before that last year I was hoping #68 would learn from the great character kids like Kuerchen and Rogers .. both class acts all the way ... but he hasnt learned at all ... I dont think you guys get tested the rest of way at all ... if your Coach dont blow it.  

Hard to go away from what you know. We're a passing team first but I thought we should have keep pounding it all night. We ran the ball more than anytime I've seen under Coach Matthews. With #31 and #22 healthy we have some power and size to go with speed from #1 in the run game along with timely runs by #10.

We're finally in agreement on something.  #68 must lead the nation in penalty yards and certainly has the career record. LOL If you calculated true penalty yardage including big plays that were brought back, he may have 750 yards total this year. Tough call on the coaching because part of his success is his aggressiveness in combination with size and skill. He deserves most of the calls but honestly many of them are because he is just so dominant and plays through the echo of the whistle. How much do you want to slow down that motor??? 

I've enjoyed watching these teams compete in the past and have had the opportunity to see the best of sportsmanship 99% of the time. Many of these kids have played against and with each other in both basketball and football. Don't base your entire Irish opinion on #68.

3 hours ago, QSouth89 said:

Tad I can honestly say since my son graduated I haven’t been to a game. I started to go last night but Mrs. Q decdided I needed to do something’s around the house. 

Come on Q  .. you couldnt pull  a QLOU on the misses and tell her how KC was gonna have issues with Fulton and you needed to go to game .. you can do the QLOU thang good  ..LOL  ... you didnt even watch on TV ?? i got there and saw the guy with the RED hat ..I said well doggone it .. this game is on TV  ..then somebody said yes its on myvlt ..then i said glad i wasnt listening to goofy Mark Packer and said its cold but aint bad .. KC is loaded .. nobody gonna stop them .. 

2 minutes ago, IrishBBall said:

Hard to go away from what you know. We're a passing team first but I thought we should have keep pounding it all night. We ran the ball more than anytime I've seen under Coach Matthews. With #31 and #22 healthy we have some power and size to go with speed from #1 in the run game along with timely runs by #10.

We're finally in agreement on something.  #68 must lead the nation in penalty yards and certainly has the career record. LOL If you calculated true penalty yardage including big plays that were brought back, he may have 750 yards total this year. Tough call on the coaching because part of his success is his aggressiveness in combination with size and skill. He deserves most of the calls but honestly many of them are because he is just so dominant and plays through the echo of the whistle. How much do you want to slow down that motor??? 

I've enjoyed watching these teams compete in the past and have had the opportunity to see the best of sportsmanship 99% of the time. Many of these kids have played against and with each other in both basketball and football. Don't base your entire Irish opinion on #68.

I havent based my opinion on that kid .. i have always got on here and praised some of those kids at KC  ..especially #36 and #3 from last year ... classy  ..classy kids ... and you are correct alot the kids including those 2 were friends with some of the Fulton kids as you know .. Rogers grew up in the Falcon youth leagues with the Fulton kids .. and #36 knew kids from basketball .. heard #36 is doing great !! I aways wanted to see him in Orange but he did smart thing in getting outta here .. he was the heart and soul of those teams .. #3 great talent but #36 was the best player on field  .. loved watching him and Kentell W compete for 4 years .. 

On 11/11/2017 at 6:05 PM, Tadvols said:

Come on Q  .. you couldnt pull  a QLOU on the misses and tell her how KC was gonna have issues with Fulton and you needed to go to game .. you can do the QLOU thang good  ..LOL  ... you didnt even watch on TV ?? i got there and saw the guy with the RED hat ..I said well doggone it .. this game is on TV  ..then somebody said yes its on myvlt ..then i said glad i wasnt listening to goofy Mark Packer and said its cold but aint bad .. KC is loaded .. nobody gonna stop them .. 

With basketball season around the corner, Mrs Q can be quite vocal. She can knock me out without throwing a punch lol. I didn’t realize the game was on tv (I can’t stand listening to Mark Packer, he loves to hear himself talk) I watched the UNC hoops game. I was surprised by the margin of victory and even more surprised to hear that the QB played. I heard he was out 4-6 weeks with a shoulder injury. He must have pulled a Q-Lou lol.

Edited by QSouth89

12 hours ago, IrishBBall said:

You just didn't want to sit in the cold... How's #21 doing? Saw you were at Centre today.

Still upset about the team losing. He’s been playing since 2nd grade and this is the first time he’s ever played on a losing team in football and his competitive nature can’t endure it. 

On 11/10/2017 at 3:23 PM, sx1234 said:

Going down the line for all 8 Games:

Knox Central over Sevier County

South Doyle over Halls

Oak Ridge over Knox West

Knox Catholic over Fulton

Summit over Page

Beech over Hillsboro

Henry County over Munford

Brighton over Southwind

8 for 8!!!  I am walking into work this morning feeling like I am an expert! lol

This quarterfinal round will be more difficult to predict though as I feel like they could all go either way.