Waverly hosts Lewis County rd2

rednecktiger31

22 hours ago, tradertwo said:

Can you explain how Union City has been a top tier program? I understand that they throw about 4 passes per game, but they're no stranger to championship caliber football. All that is required to win in football is to outscore your opponent, and there are several different ways to do that, including running the ball. Sharp is a quality human being...he's a community cornerstone, who I'm sure has had offers over the years for the "bigger and better deal", yet has remained in Hohenwald and cemented Lewis County as a perennial frontrunner for the region championship, along with mentoring a 'couple of generations worth of young men. Every Board of Education who doesn't have that type of man running their program should be looking for one, and yet every program who has one seems to have a moron or two like yourself who doesn't appreciate the good, only looking for "better". The only thing that Coach Sharp hasn't accomplished is winning a state championship, and he may never get one...if he doesn't, it does not diminish what he has meant to Lewis County and Hohenwald.

It’s because they play quality opponents year in and year out during the regular season. They don’t have two buddies in the T$$AA that make sure they are in the weakest region year in and year out. Hence, high won/loss regular season records but early playoff round exits.

45 minutes ago, pizzpatriot said:

It’s because they play quality opponents year in and year out during the regular season. They don’t have two buddies in the T$$AA that make sure they are in the weakest region year in and year out. Hence, high won/loss regular season records but early playoff round exits.

Waverly played McKenzie, Riverside, Huntingdon, Scotts Hill, Fairview, Houston County, Hickman County, East Hickman and Camden and only lost to Huntingdon.   

Riverside, Scotts Hill, Hickman County made it to AA playoffs with all 3 out first round.  Fairview and Camden in playoffs for AAA with Camden out in first round.  Huntingdon probably finish with Gold Ball. 

Common opponents with LC this year, Forrest, Hickman County, Camden, Scotts Hill.

Prior years, Waverly and LC in same region. 

Both programs class and , thank GOD, NOT PAGE!!!! 

1 hour ago, pizzpatriot said:

You constantly gripe about the district/region LC is placed in "year in and year out". What do you propose? What would be the ideal region for LC since you are overly obsessed with who they match up with in region play. Have LC with Trousdale and Watertown out of 4, Waverly and Riverside out of 6, and Union City, Adamsville, and Peabody out of 7? Who cares about the mileage, really, it is all about stronger region schedule right? You want to chirp about how unfair it is that LC plays in the district/region they do "year in and year out" but your only proposal is an accusation against a Hall of Fame coach that he is the reason regions/districts are drawn the way they are. 

1 hour ago, TheStuff said:

You constantly gripe about the district/region LC is placed in "year in and year out". What do you propose? What would be the ideal region for LC since you are overly obsessed with who they match up with in region play. Have LC with Trousdale and Watertown out of 4, Waverly and Riverside out of 6, and Union City, Adamsville, and Peabody out of 7? Who cares about the mileage, really, it is all about stronger region schedule right? You want to chirp about how unfair it is that LC plays in the district/region they do "year in and year out" but your only proposal is an accusation against a Hall of Fame coach that he is the reason regions/districts are drawn the way they are. 

The funny thing about them always putting down Coach Sharp is that this man has taken them to the playoffs way more than not, the quarterfinals like 5 or 6 times and the semifinals once I believe. I may be off a little because I played in Hickman County so I am not a LC statistician!!! LOL. Be careful what you wish for gentleman, because when he is gone, you may find out what you had. With that being said Waverly is going to be to much for Lewis County and anyone else they face this year, IMO and wins this one bye 3-4 TD's, I will be keeping up from Illinois as I did last Friday , because the RUT is on !!!

lewis aint philistines. the size difference will be minimal. waverlys line wasnt huge but the technique was good and the QB makes things happen. Webb for LC could do the same. they run very good fakes out of the run game. if Waverly wasn't like driving back to the 1940s plus the 5 hours round trip and watching a game in a hay field I'd make the trip 

1 minute ago, GeneralAmerigha said:

lewis aint philistines. the size difference will be minimal. waverlys line wasnt huge but the technique was good and the QB makes things happen. Webb for LC could do the same. they run very good fakes out of the run game. if Waverly wasn't like driving back to the 1940s plus the 5 hours round trip and watching a game in a hay field I'd make the trip 

Come on now don't be talking bout my hometown like that and the field was messed up from the rain game we played the week before. What is ur take on this game