Waverly hosts Lewis County rd2

rednecktiger31

2 minutes ago, GeneralAmerigha said:

haha at least i will be warm and dray and wont smell like a cowfield like i did for 30 hours after being in yalls stadium  

Funny.. I guess that cowfield has done something right got r team going in the right direction . ur the first person that has said anything bad about Ray Hampton Stadium. Enjoy ur vacation. We still got stuff to take care of . now I wish they woulda scored 7 more points to hang 70 on yall

2 hours ago, tradertwo said:

No substance to his argument...last realignment LC was in the same region with Waverly, Scotts Hill, and Riverside, along with Hickman Co. and East Hickman. Waverly and Scotts Hill met in the quarterfinals, after SH had just beaten the state #1 team in Adamsville, then Lewis County. Waverly took the state champion Trezevant Bears to the wire before being eliminated after a five point win over SH. To call that a "weak region" is ridiculous...it could be argued that it was one of the toughest regions in the state. Adamsville and Trinity were highly ranked, but one took an early exit to one of LC's region mates, and the other got traintracked by the same team that narrowly beat another of LC's region mates.

As for this year, I think that Lewis County will exit in the second round...I also think that ANY OTHER 2A TEAM IN THE STATE would do the same. I could be wrong, but the consensus is that Waverly should win the gold ball, and Lewis Co. does not control who they play or when.

What is your reasoning for all of the other early round exits for the past 30 years?

56 minutes ago, Wavo2004 said:

Funny.. I guess that cowfield has done something right got r team going in the right direction . ur the first person that has said anything bad about Ray Hampton Stadium. Enjoy ur vacation. We still got stuff to take care of . now I wish they woulda scored 7 more points to hang 70 on yall

Waverly needs to upgrade Ray Hampton stadium. Visitors bleachers are a disgrace. You couldn't seat half of the Huntingdon fans at our game this year. Shows no respect for your visitors. You want to be a top notch program you need to get off your butt and spend a little money.

21 minutes ago, Croppygenius said:

Waverly needs to upgrade Ray Hampton stadium. Visitors bleachers are a disgrace. You couldn't seat half of the Huntingdon fans at our game this year. Shows no respect for your visitors. You want to be a top notch program you need to get off your butt and spend a little money.

Yes we need to add more but I have seen a lot worse. Appreciate the advise tho.

24 minutes ago, Croppygenius said:

Do you think those bleachers will help us win I mean make us top notch? 

32 minutes ago, Croppygenius said:

Like with all sports programs from high school through the pros. Facility upgrades follow success. The stadium is old, but the program has also been down for a while. I'm sure upgrades will continue to come. The field house is still pretty new, which helps the players and coaches. Next should be a better scoreboard and upgraded visitors side. But on a competitive side the money should be spent to make the team comfortable first, then the home crowd, and visitors later.

17 minutes ago, Croppygenius said:

Only thing top notch is your coach. Without him y'all are right back where you've always been. You're facilities reflect the strength of your program.

Hey we r jus a lol ole country town . I think they suit us jus fine we aren't near big towns or anything we r jus a small little country town

5 minutes ago, Croppygenius said:

Can't wait to play Waverly on the Mustang Magic Carpet next season. Fast surface with these great teams should be exciting. Both teams should be loaded. Hate to think what would have happened if y'all had recovered that onside kick this season!

Yea that was a great game both teams played all the way to the last sec. Of the game good luck to y'all on the road to the gold ball