Region 3 6A is tough that BORO'

nowlisten

2 hours ago, WCndaHouse said:

I’ll add that your reading comprehension is a joke. Last time I checked, Maryville played both Knox Catholic and Oakland in the regular season. What powers did MJ play to get ready for the playoffs? I’ll wait. 

Dont think anywhere in there was I defending MJ. Oakland played the same type of schedule last year and BEAT Maryville. Again, I say just Maryville wins does not mean their competition was easy. They will have bumps and bruises just like everybody else. Oakland debunked this myth last season, this idea that you cant win a title if all of your games are physical

In the playoffs, Maryville played Blackman before Oakland last season. Oakland played all East Tennessee 6A teams before Maryville. It’s not the same. Oakland is about to play Blackman-Riverdale/Cookeville-Maryville. That’s a gauntlet. Maryville will play a MUCH easier schedule before the semis.  That’s my point. 

16 minutes ago, WCndaHouse said:

In the playoffs, Maryville played Blackman before Oakland last season. Oakland played all East Tennessee 6A teams before Maryville. It’s not the same. Oakland is about to play Blackman-Riverdale/Cookeville-Maryville. That’s a gauntlet. Maryville will play a MUCH easier schedule before the semis.  That’s my point. 

WC let me tell ya.   It don't matter who Oakland plays or who gets hurt playing in playoffs.   Its the next man up if someone goes down for the team.  That has gone on for years.   No excuses for loses and try to win every game.  Depth is a big part of having a great team.   Stay tuned.  Go Patriots!!

2 hours ago, WCndaHouse said:

Oakland has already gone through one gauntlet this season. Independence, Maryville, Riverdale and Blackman first 5 games. That was when Teague was still playing and Oakland just blew Riverdale out of the water. Yes I know Indy isnt as tough, but nobody knew that to start the season. Had Maryville had to load up with playing great teams before Oakland I would agree. One of Oakland's best strengths is its depth. Beautiful part of this sport is that we will find out sooner rather than later

21 minutes ago, WCndaHouse said:

The "super 32" didn't work like it was intended. It watered down 6A and pushed teams into lower classes and made them tougher.

1 hour ago, TOM4000Patriots said:

WC let me tell ya.   It don't matter who Oakland plays or who gets hurt playing in playoffs.   Its the next man up if someone goes down for the team.  That has gone on for years.   No excuses for loses and try to win every game.  Depth is a big part of having a great team.   Stay tuned.  Go Patriots!!

I hope so, Tom! I’m pulling for anyone in Middle Tennessee not named Mount Juliet. 

2 hours ago, Red Rebels said:

The "super 32" didn't work like it was intended. It watered down 6A and pushed teams into lower classes and made them tougher.

Super 32 didn't change too much to be honest. The same teams will end up in the quarters, semis and the championship. Just got to play different teams in the first round this year. Granted, I like this new scenario. But the best two teams will still end up in Cookeville early December. 

if Oakland does win the state that's a bonus because everybody though Oakland would be down this year,

This year success is even surprise to Oakland fans, So if they win that will be good

but the fact that they Got 20 starters returning next year, and more star power moving to the zone. WOW

they were picking next years team for the state, turn out this years team may get the Championship as well

On 11/6/2017 at 0:05 PM, nowlisten said:

if Oakland does win the state that's a bonus because everybody though Oakland would be down this year,

This year success is even surprise to Oakland fans, So if they win that will be good

but the fact that they Got 20 starters returning next year, and more star power moving to the zone. WOW

they were picking next years team for the state, turn out this years team may get the Championship as well

Boro schools always have talent move in during cycles. Used to be Riverdale, then Blackman, then Oakland. Siegel had a short run a whiles back and blew it with the latest hire. Lots of talent to go round but Oakland got them a big time coaching staff with the backup they need. Coaching is everything in the boro

johnny Just sayin

no doubt ,a school in the Boro would be a national top 25 power every year, the coach that left Siegel to be the head coach at Knoxville Catholic is the one they should have hired,,

But with the team Oakland has returning next year , I see them being in the top 25 national power next year, if they win the championship and repeat next year