Webb at CPA (Quarterfinals)

Spartan4Life

15 hours ago, coachrus said:

Says the guy whose original  post mentions mud/slip/grass/turf about 15 times!!! ...... :)

go easy on her...that small DII-A they were once dominating with the largest school in that class has been terribly comprimized by sum real competition with the mushroom farmers at T$$AA restucturin this hole private school thing

Sparty under a lotta stress.....that Baylor school Sparty loathes and the Haslam Pilot Petrolium School have been parked and so Spartys FB season is over.....and with all that money bein funneld into Haslams school bein at risk in the court room in Chattanooga right now ant helpin...thats a lot for a person to bare

and on top all that...his coached got told yesterday to strip off all his UT gear and to pack his duffle bags.....that the U-hauls would b out front at noon

Booger just sayin Frank+Sutton+as+Sgt+Carter.jpg

Edited by Booger

On ‎11‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 5:17 PM, bcd said:

Watch the film on how 4 was hurt and you’ll see why Ingle was yelling

The first string D was not in when Howard scored, not that it matters, some starters were, maybe that’s the confusion 

CPA was more interested in letting the running clock run than scoring in the second,  but at the same time there were a lot of starters in on that last drive.  Gearing up to play a whole game I assume. 

Wow.  I missed that part of the game when I was trying to watch some online.  A friend who knows the family just showed me a clip of the play.  Clearly an illegal cut block outside the box and I'm shocked it didn't draw a flag since it was right in front of the ball so at least 2-3 officials should have seen it.  The young man who did it seemed pretty happy with himself too after the play. 

5 hours ago, Warriors2011 said:

Wow.  I missed that part of the game when I was trying to watch some online.  A friend who knows the family just showed me a clip of the play.  Clearly an illegal cut block outside the box and I'm shocked it didn't draw a flag since it was right in front of the ball so at least 2-3 officials should have seen it.  The young man who did it seemed pretty happy with himself too after the play. 

Honestly, It’s hard for me to talk about because I represent part of the CPA family in my comments on these forums.  Restraint should be exercised and I am not always known for such.  I heard Coach Martin telling the officials someone was going to get hurt if they allowed the cut blocking to continue.  He was ignored, a flag was never thrown, and someone received a severe injury.

I’m not going to go into the diagnosis because it’s not my place to share such information.  Kane is just a notch or two below Superman, so I know he’ll be back next year, but he could probably use the thoughts and prayers from all for a speedy and thorough recovery. 

1 hour ago, bcd said:

Honestly, It’s hard for me to talk about because I represent part of the CPA family in my comments on these forums.  Restraint should be exercised and I am not always known for such.  I heard Coach Martin telling the officials someone was going to get hurt if they allowed the cut blocking to continue.  He was ignored, a flag was never thrown, and someone received a severe injury.

I’m not going to go into the diagnosis because it’s not my place to share such information.  Kane is just a notch or two below Superman, so I know he’ll be back next year, but he could probably use the thoughts and prayers from all for a speedy and thorough recovery. 

thats a slobber knocker if its solid......maybe he cures and dressess for the game.....it appears that 1 of our 2 is comin back to us a bit. and can get enuff duck tape on him to b good friday....and maybe the other can get to the point of gettin in sum of those humongus OL and DL way

Booger just sayin:thumb:

1 hour ago, bcd said:

At the end of the day, I truly believe most of us on here are dads, moms, coaches and good people who genuinely care about and enjoy talking about ALL of these athletes. I've physically been through what he's going to go through. My son also has had a broken leg and knee ligament sprains. I've seen the toll it can have on a young man and his family. My family will for sure pray for this young man to have a full recovery in time for him to chase his dreams next season. God has a plan for his life, and He didn't give him this type of ability to not use it somehow.

1 hour ago, RaiseEmRightnPray said:

At the end of the day, I truly believe most of us on here are dads, moms, coaches and good people who genuinely care about and enjoy talking about ALL of these athletes. I've physically been through what he's going to go through. My son also has had a broken leg and knee ligament sprains. I've seen the toll it can have on a young man and his family. My family will for sure pray for this young man to have a full recovery in time for him to chase his dreams next season. God has a plan for his life, and He didn't give him this type of ability to not use it somehow.

wouldnt b sprised if he fileded friday

Booger just sayin ;)

• 11 months later...
On 11/11/2017 at 1:34 PM, Spartan4Life said:

First and foremost CPA has some really nice folks over there. I really enjoyed talking with them before the game. The food was pretty good too! 

CPA has a very good team and I think will win the state championship this year. 

Webb only had one advantage going in against CPA and that was speed. The muddy field nuetralized that. Our backs were slipping and sliding all night. It was the first game Webb has played on grass all year and the muddy field definatly hurt the spartans. In my opinion if this game was played on turf The game would have been something like 42-21 CPA. I counted four or five times were a Howard or Jefferson cut to daylight aka open field and just slipped before they could get off to the races. Even though we would have had a couple more explosive plays/scores, we still woudnt have been able to stop CPA defensively. Just took big and deep up front.   

I disgree with an earlier poster on CPA stopped trying to score. They were throwing the ball late in the fourth with all their starters in and that's actually what led to their last touchdown and #25 getting hurt. I don't understand the thought behind continuing to throw and play starters on a muddy field with the game in hand. Hopefully it doesn't cost CPA one of their best players moving forward. Howard's TD run was not agains the 2's. It was just the fist time he didn't slip when cutting and got to show his world class speed.

I hate that Patterson got hurt early. I feel the mud lead to an awkward slip after being hit but I could be wrong. CPA's coach was yelling at the Webb sideline about something to do with the play but I didn't see anything dirty. I'm suprised their wernt more injuries with the conditions of the field. I was suprised CPA didn't have turf. It seems like just about every private has it now.

Bottom line is CPA is really good. We also played terrible, dropped multiple catchable passes and the muddy field really hurt our biggest strength, speed and agility. Good luck to CPA. I think if they have everyone they will go to state and probably win. If #25 and #4 are out it could make it interesting. 

Sparty took a bunch of grief last year over this comment, but I think he is dead on.  Remember I'm not talking about past games where it made a difference in the outcome.  I'm only talking about Luzi and CPA game for 11/16/18.  The field condition makes a huge difference for a speed/cutting team like Luzi.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, chainsaw2 said:

Sparty took a bunch of grief last year over this comment, but I think he is dead on.  Remember I'm not talking about past games where it made a difference in the outcome.  I'm only talking about Luzi and CPA game for 11/16/18.  The field condition makes a huge difference for a speed/cutting team like Luzi.

Definitely a disadvantage to a team that plays the majority of their games on turf. And, it’s rained yesterday and today and it looks like it will do even more. 

Not saying you are doing this chainsaw, but a lot of people like to imply CPA doesn’t have fast players... we have a 6’2” 200 lb receiver that runs a 4.4 and is someone I wouldn’t trade for another receiver in the state. Also a couple of other guys down in the 4.4 area. I think that is something that surprises a team when they play us. 

3 minutes ago, BreadTruck44 said:

Definitely a disadvantage to a team that plays the majority of their games on turf. And, it’s rained yesterday and today and it looks like it will do even more. 

Not saying you are doing this chainsaw, but a lot of people like to imply CPA doesn’t have fast players... we have a 6’2” 200 lb receiver that runs a 4.4 and is someone I wouldn’t trade for another receiver in the state. Also a couple of other guys down in the 4.4 area. I think that is something that surprises a team when they play us. 

thats gonna b the problem...that 4.4 is catchin pigskin and not Gray....if he gets to second tier,the speed want matter with him workin that grain...

...u presbyterians better b for puttin a halt to the T$$AA's top Co-opin model friday night.....had planned on venturin out to sit with u presbyterians....but a NCAA Womens Sweet 16 Super Regional Soccer Championship game has Plans of Booger altered

Booger just sayin :thumb:

Oh no doubt Bread CPA is very fast. RBs and the super receiver are all quick and explosive as I have seen them in person as well. It's just that Gray is Barry Sanders-like and can make you miss before he hits that 5th gear.  Mud and field conditions are gonna negate the Sanders moves more than people realize is all I'm saying and then it's just hit the hole and that's where your top notch LBs come into play.  From what I've seen Gray likes to cross from off guard/tackle and go the other way frequently.  That takes a hard move and I see lots of slippin and slidin. If it comes down to passing then I think you have the advantage due to your QB and awesome receiver.  Luzi can sling it some too, but the 6-5 QB imo is much more dangerous running than throwing.  But even though he is really big, he's got some nifty moves of his own which again does the mud negate?

• Like 1