Webb at CPA (Quarterfinals)

Spartan4Life

3 hours ago, bcd said:

I got no problems with Spatan4Life, he loves his team and that’s admirable.  That wasn’t a muddy field though... it can be a whole lot worse. 

It could always be worse but for a strictly speed team that relies on quick cutting the field was not favorable for Webb. I was on the sideline and we were standing in mud. Outside of the hashes were slick and chunks came up every time a player cut. I myself almost fell multiple times just walking.

Once again CPA is the deeper more complete team and deserves to advance. I believe Webb would have made that game much more competitive (Like we did with Ensworth and McCallie) had the field conditions been more favorable or the turf Webb was accustomed to. In my opinion we probably would have still lost by a couple scores because our defense has been vulnerable all year and had a hard time stopping CPA. Just my two cents. Good Luck to CPA. As far as Webb we need to grow a few lineman for next year. If we can then Elijah and Jahlil will both be back as a Senior and Sophomore respectively. 

Don't expect to win any track relays this year. Webb will win state in that. haha. 

14 minutes ago, Spartan4Life said:

It could always be worse but for a strictly speed team that relies on quick cutting the field was not favorable for Webb. I was on the sideline and we were standing in mud. Outside of the hashes were slick and chunks came up every time a player cut. I myself almost fell multiple times just walking.

My goodness, Silver Spoon, stop crying about the field. It was the same field for both teams. Booger is right, you always have an excuse. 

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, gcapride said:

My goodness, Silver Spoon, stop crying about the field. It was the same field for both teams. Booger is right, you always have an excuse. 

Silver spoon? Are we talking personally? I really wish I was born with a silver spoon. Let's stop assuming just because I have ties to Webb that I was born with a silver spoon haha. That's the idiotic statement of the week. If you'd like to direct message me and exchange identities I would love to talk so you can try to find my silver spoon. Seriously let's do it.

No one is crying. Just making an analysis of the game. There is a difference. Crying would be blaming the loss on the field or blaming or claiming CPA wet the field. I did neither. I simply said it had an impact on the game but the better team did win. Here I'll break it down and give you an example since clearly it's hard for you to comprehend my previous post.   

If Webb and Grace were to play a game on turf and it was a raining and windy...both teams would have had to play in it but who would it have hurt more? Thats correct buddy, it would hurt Grace more. And why is that? That's right again buddy because Grace's success and identity Is founded on an air attack. While Webb's is running the ball. Likewise Friday CPA was able to run between the hashes right down our throats because we couldn't stop them. Meanwhile our success all year (as you should know first hand) is getting to the edge and turning on the jets. It's dissapointing you're too simple minded to understand how different circumstances affect some teams more than others. Once again CPA deserves to advance.

I don't remember giving an excuse for the Grace game staying close through 3 quarters...which thoroughly shocked me at the time. 

Regardless Congrats on your season. I personally don't think Grace has ever been better than they were this year nor have they had a tougher schedule. Lots to be proud of for the Rams this year. 

48 minutes ago, FBGIRL said:

Question since you keep bringing up the field, knowing you would be playing on a grass field after couple days of rain during the week, did your coach have you practice on grass?

I do not know the answer to that. It's one thing to play on regular grass its another to play on a wet grass field. Regardless CPA won and would have on turf as well. I didn't realize my analysis would get such responses. 

44 minutes ago, Spartan4Life said:

I do not know the answer to that. It's one thing to play on regular grass its another to play on a wet grass field. Regardless CPA won and would have on turf as well. I didn't realize my analysis would get such responses. 

It’s ok Spartan4life, you are not the first to ever complain about our wet field, I actually think it’s a flood plain. You should see the picture of it during that 1000 year flood we had a few years back, it was a lake. We have a great groundskeeper, it’s just not much they can do when it rains a lot. The funny thing is CPA practiced twice on turf during the week (Titans’ bubble and Ensworth, although it may be grass... I confuse MBA, BA, and Ensworth’s fields at times).

It’s been fun chatting back and forth this year, maybe we’ll get the chance to play again next year. 

21 hours ago, Spartan4Life said:

Silver spoon? Are we talking personally? I really wish I was born with a silver spoon. Let's stop assuming just because I have ties to Webb that I was born with a silver spoon haha. That's the idiotic statement of the week. If you'd like to direct message me and exchange identities I would love to talk so you can try to find my silver spoon. Seriously let's do it.

No one is crying. Just making an analysis of the game. There is a difference. Crying would be blaming the loss on the field or blaming or claiming CPA wet the field. I did neither. I simply said it had an impact on the game but the better team did win. Here I'll break it down and give you an example since clearly it's hard for you to comprehend my previous post.   

If Webb and Grace were to play a game on turf and it was a raining and windy...both teams would have had to play in it but who would it have hurt more? Thats correct buddy, it would hurt Grace more. And why is that? That's right again buddy because Grace's success and identity Is founded on an air attack. While Webb's is running the ball. Likewise Friday CPA was able to run between the hashes right down our throats because we couldn't stop them. Meanwhile our success all year (as you should know first hand) is getting to the edge and turning on the jets. It's dissapointing you're too simple minded to understand how different circumstances affect some teams more than others. Once again CPA deserves to advance.

I don't remember giving an excuse for the Grace game staying close through 3 quarters...which thoroughly shocked me at the time. 

Regardless Congrats on your season. I personally don't think Grace has ever been better than they were this year nor have they had a tougher schedule. Lots to be proud of for the Rams this year. 

Did you throw a block party when Twitter went from 140 characters to 280 characters? :roflol: