#1 Ranked GreenEville Vs Anderson County

DevilMan03

Given Greeneville's track record in the playoffs and big games, I expect to see a heavy dose of the run game with the big bruising backs.  I can see Greeneville coming out with a 2-back or goal line-type formation and trying to set a physical, smash-mouth tone.  Despite what Greeneville folks have been saying on here, AC is very very good on offense, and Greeneville's best defense is to possess the ball and keep AC's QB on the sideline.  The last thing Greeneville wants to do is have 3 and outs and short drives.  I think, especially early, that Greeneville keeps the ball on the ground and will be fine with 3 yards and a cloud of dust.  It will be interesting to see how AC responds to that- if they load the box to stop the run, Greeneville has weapons all over the place.  But i really do not think AC can consistently stop Greeneville's running game unless they have some extra guys near the line of scrimmage.  Greeneville's depth and overall team strength (especially in the trenches) is something that is impossible to simulate in practice and can't be appreciated by watching film.  We will know very quickly whether AC will be able to hold up in the trenches, but Greeneville's plan will likely be to come at them early with the run game 

5 minutes ago, DeeJay32 said:

Given Greeneville's track record in the playoffs and big games, I expect to see a heavy dose of the run game with the big bruising backs.  I can see Greeneville coming out with a 2-back or goal line-type formation and trying to set a physical, smash-mouth tone.  Despite what Greeneville folks have been saying on here, AC is very very good on offense, and Greeneville's best defense is to possess the ball and keep AC's QB on the sideline.  The last thing Greeneville wants to do is have 3 and outs and short drives.  I think, especially early, that Greeneville keeps the ball on the ground and will be fine with 3 yards and a cloud of dust.  It will be interesting to see how AC responds to that- if they load the box to stop the run, Greeneville has weapons all over the place.  But i really do not think AC can consistently stop Greeneville's running game unless they have some extra guys near the line of scrimmage.  Greeneville's depth and overall team strength (especially in the trenches) is something that is impossible to simulate in practice and can't be appreciated by watching film.  We will know very quickly whether AC will be able to hold up in the trenches, but Greeneville's plan will likely be to come at them early with the run game 

I feel Greeneville will come out passing. At least that's what everyone I talk to is saying.

I would be very very surprised if that happened, but who knows- anything can happen.  But I think the last thing Greeneville wants is a track meet.  Greeneville can win that type of game with their explosive offense, but I think Greeneville prefers a slow and methodical grinding game.  I don't think AC has played in that type of game, and I think a slow and low-scoring game would be outside of AC's comfort zone and i think Ballard will force that type of game.

Everyone talks about AC's schedule and that they haven't played as tough a schedule as Gville.  While that may be true, it does not change the fact that AC is very talented and has a very good team.  But i think the blowout wins against lower competition has resulted in AC not really being tested this year.  When the game is close and the stakes are high, one mistake can mean the game.  And from experience, i can tell you that if you aren't used to that type of pressure and haven't played in games like that, it is very different- things move a little faster and the nerves can make you do uncharacteristic stuff.  It will be interesting to see how AC responds to being in a close game for once.  Because it will be close- i can almost guarantee that.  AC is too good on offense for Greeneville to blow them out.  

14 hours ago, blazer1set said:

DB and the Hill (both 6A schools, both with 1400+ more students than GHS).....  but both also choked early in the playoffs.      These were no doubt good wins for the Devils but do you think that DB and SH were both a little overrated?

SH and DB both bounced by the same team in the playoffs....didnt matter anyway, no one on this end of the states gettin by the rebels anyway and the rebels will most likely lose to oakland again...that said, i think early in the year SH was legit and i honestly think the Greeneville loss did something to those guys...they hammered Betsy by like 30 points and rolled into the game with us and we manhandled them in the first half and held on in the third quarter through their surge and took back control in the fourth....as for DB, they were up and down all year and couldnt hold a lead for shite.....they could have very well went 9-1 in the regular season if they had figured out that yu have to play 4 qtrs.....i dont think ANY of those games matter now...this game will come down to which team handles adversity best. Anderson has never seen any adversity yet, so we really dont know how they will handle it, IF they face it tomorrow....greeneville started the season off litterally getting their rears handed to them, but dug deep, stepped up and forged ahead....still yet, i really dont think anything that has happened all year long will matter. here's the kicker, if this game is tight all night and its a one possession game with under a minute to go and AC has the ball, will Greeneville be able to stop them. Last years heart ripper outter has been in their heads since this time last year. that one hurt and they have vowed to themsevles and eachother that no one would ever do that to them again......WE SHALL SEE......( or not, we could just put them in a big hole that they cant dig out of, or they could do that to us)...i cant wait to find out.

21 hours ago, leadfarmer said:

Anyone know why 1340 won't play on the Tune In app?

because 1340 puts little to zero effort into improving themselves or their station and hasnt since atleast i moooooooved back to greeneville in 2000....other than that, ive really never had an issue with it lol...but i have a cousin in africa that has tried to use it several time and got so frustrated he just started watching some dude that puts videos of the greeneville games on youtube.....hehe

7 hours ago, MAVERICK1995 said:

I feel Greeneville will come out passing. At least that's what everyone I talk to is saying.

you are right....i saw ballards game plan sheet and they are planning on atleast 50 passes in the first half...i didnt see what the p lans were for the second half because i woke up and never could get back to sleep to  finish the dream....ahem cough cough...

15 hours ago, osunut2 said:

Well said, greene. I am tired of pissing contest after pissing contest.

i wouldnt go to the game then, because its going to be the pissing contest of all pissing contests...im just hoping the team in blue gets confused and drops a deuce or two .....( was that too much?) my apology to anyone that might have offended 

13 hours ago, Mavericksinflight said:

Oh its On Now 

:hungry: I am busy with stradagy but I be back in little while! 

ewe and my bruthur batmandevil nedes 2 git togayther sum tiym an git bizy with a grammur buk and cum togayther stragedizin on haw tu speel. ( i can say this to you and him because ONE, you live in seattle and your fist cant reach this far, TWO my brother is  a big wuss that grew up trying to kick my ace and never could so why should i be worried about him now, when he's pushing 60 and C, I'm generally a bigger smart donkey in person than I am on here, so every now and then I cant help myself.....forgive me?? )