#1 Ranked GreenEville Vs Anderson County

DevilMan03

1 minute ago, MAVERICK1995 said:

That game had everything two great crowds, loud, up and downs. I will say AC kids loved the atmosphere. How many fans do you think was there?

A LOT by the end of the game. I think more people came at half time. I remember looking at the opposite end of the field at the start of the 4rth and people were piled deep behind the fence. 

46 minutes ago, DevilMan03 said:

Those were planted with the new turf as all the other trees and shrubbery. That will probably not happen imo 

Interesting. We sat there once several years ago, and moved to stand at the fence after a few minutes because they blocked out a pretty good portion of that corner of the field. We stood at the fence last night as well. I'd about as soon do that anyway, as would my wife, so she doesn't have to crawl across people for that inevitable trip to the bathroom. 

2 minutes ago, DevilMan03 said:

#23 which I’m sure Stanton will like that. Lol 

Iol well hoping to get good news Monday.  Afraid it don't look to good. Goodluck next week! Was impressed with kids on both sides after game. That was a fight. Us fans get on here talking all week makes it fun. But glad to see the kids shaking  hands and respecting each other after a physical game. Will be rooting for you all.....

• Like 1

21 hours ago, BVDevil said:

greengreen, yes  indeed i saw the horrible officiating, that's not what i meant when i said i was e mbarassed by SOME of our fans...not all....and yes i saw the article in the paper and honestly, i didnt see a thing wrong with what gillum said...if it's true, its not really smack talk is it? we HAVENT seen a team all year that throws it like AC and what he said about our defense...and i quote " Defensively they have kind of a vanilla scheme as far as not having  a ton of movement or looks, but i think thats because they understand HOW GOOD THEY ARE and they dont have to do that.........he goes on to say "their front four has beat up people all season, their linebackers et to the football and tey have great athletes at safety and corner. The one thing they all have in common is they get to the football and they are the best tackling team we  have seen all season. Their  physicality and aggresson i think will be the biggest challenge for us."...now how in the world greengreen do  you get anyting smack talky out of that? im also not sure what you meant by being buddy buddy with him? the coach i said i met was Gary Terry, an assistant coach, not Gillum the head coach........what i meant by embarassed was when marten went down with his inury, all our players and most everyone else on our sideline was kneeling, like they usually do during an injury, but alot of our fans were being loud, talking and what not....then at the end of the game, again, while they had a kid down on the field with an injury, alot of our fans were snging the na na na na hey hey  hey, good bye song..now be honest greengreen, if this were the opposite and ballard was down with and injury or any other of our kids, and their fans were over there being loud and disrespectful you would be pissed the F off, just like I would.....I love our fans, i love our devils and i love everything about Greene Devils football, but sometimes some of our fans have a tendency to be a bit hypcritical about things....thats oll man, i certainly dont want to get into an argument with one of my own, but at the same time, i think its only fair to point things out when the need to be pointed out.....am i right or wrong here? you tell me

Ok gotcha yes u are right on the young man being down that was uncall for , but i feel most of the fans had already had enough of the refs and just spouting off to get rid of some aggression i too do not want to see a kid hurt on either side of the ball i too love the Devils since my 1st game way back in 1972 i graduated from there and have always followed them everywhere and hurt when they lose , not gonna get into the buddy buddy thing that was just me spouting off about his statements saying we have not seen a team like his - yea right ! in closing love what u do BVD you keep things rollin on video for everyone to enjoy , even thou we won i was still pissed over the calling and need somewhere to let it fly sorry if i crossed the line we do this sometimes we all are human - so lets go win this thing next fri and hit Cookeville WFO! 

15 hours ago, Tadvols said:

Congrats Mavs on a great season .. could have been even better .. gotta get on here and apologize to A.C. and fans .. I been dissing you guys all year about not playing good competition etc .. about traveling to Chattanooga to play games just to stay away from 5A .. and I put too much stock in a pre season scrimmage where y'll looked bad .. but I apologize.. you guys were for real and if the QB dont get hurt you probably hosting next week .. you will have them at your place next year .. and BVD tells it like it is .. if he sees Greeneville being disrespectful he' gonna,say .. and same for visitors .. I have been to Greeneville and got harassed by Devil fans on the visitor side .. I gave it back .. it was fun .. didn' get outta hand .. just good ribbing .. and the same when they traveling to k town ... anyway hope QB is ok .. props to Gilliam and staff .. I know Fulton staff has lots of respect for them and they always scrimmage pre season .. good friends those 2 staffs 

Good post! LOL BVD will get his reward next year! I am playing guys! Gee Anyways Good luck Greeneville and we did unfortunately malfunctioned good luck next week and for gold ball! Pulling for you guys! But guess what we were who we were! And I think that is sooooooooo good! We were actually Greaf!!! See you guys next Year with Fireworks! Go for it and win the ball for East Tennessee!!! 

3 hours ago, greenegreene22 said:

Ok gotcha yes u are right on the young man being down that was uncall for , but i feel most of the fans had already had enough of the refs and just spouting off to get rid of some aggression i too do not want to see a kid hurt on either side of the ball i too love the Devils since my 1st game way back in 1972 i graduated from there and have always followed them everywhere and hurt when they lose , not gonna get into the buddy buddy thing that was just me spouting off about his statements saying we have not seen a team like his - yea right ! in closing love what u do BVD you keep things rollin on video for everyone to enjoy , even thou we won i was still pissed over the calling and need somewhere to let it fly sorry if i crossed the line we do this sometimes we all are human - so lets go win this thing next fri and hit Cookeville WFO! 

no lines crossed greenegreene i totally get the frustration with the refs...it was bad both ways, but i honestly think we got the worst of it, but thankfully it didnt matter...i try to remind myself that fans have a much better view of things than the refs and as much as they sometimes dont act like it, they ARE human...lol....i actually speak to the refs alot down on the field about certain things and almost got greeneville a penalty  this year during the pisgah game....lol........DEVILMAN....i went to the UT game tonight and just now getting home at 2 am and have to get up early for church in a few hours...and YES I SAID CHURCH....lol...so you guys can pick your chins back up off the floor now....another greeneville media guy and I were talking before the game about the article in the paper and bulletin board material and all that and we both agreed that none of that crap really effects the outcome of games....we think...and im curious if any of you agree, that these  kids get fired up when they read that crap and use it throughout the week to keep themselves pumped or angry at the other team, but we both feel that after a play or two, those kids arent thinking about something  another kid said in an article or what a coach said, their focus is on the game....thoughts from the gallery???....and greenegreene, wait till you see my video...because of something i showed the team before the game and again after the game, i was chittin bricks over it when we got down 21...lol....in closing...GOOD GRIEF THE VOLS SUCKKKKKKKK

OH, one more thing...guys we are losing next year ...starters #23 #18 and #25 ( kicker )..for the first time iin a long time we wont have a proven dependable kicker next year, although Eli's back up is getting better and better and by next year he will be just another in a long line of very good to great kickers at greeneville....STILL cant beleive eli missed those two and when AC got the ball back with a minute 20 or so left, i couldnt stop thinking about two things.....#25 and how awful he was going to feel if they pulled off the game winning drive...and two, concession stand corner, where last years central gut ripper outter happened.