NCS @ FC

thenextone

On 11/15/2017 at 1:26 PM, thenextone said:

From the Tennessean:

2 NASHVILLE CHRISTIAN (9-3) AT 1 FRIENDSHIP CHRISTIAN (11-0)

636462628911796429-NCS-FCS.jpg
Nashville Christian's Xavier Myers (left) and Friendship Christian's Jajuan Foutch (right)
The Tennessean

When: Friday, 7 p.m.

Nashville Christian boasts a pair of Mr. Football finalists in defensive lineman Brant Lawless (47 tackles, 7 sacks) and running back Xavier Myers (2,451 yards rushing, 36 TDs), but Friendship is the favorite. Friendship outscored opponents 400-107 en route to its first undefeated regular season since 2006.

Kreager’s pick: Nashville Christian 27, Friendship 24
Murphy’s pick: Nashville Christian 17, Friendship 10

NCS outscored its opponents 409-177 playing a tougher schedule. Columbia Academy and BGA are still playing. FRA blew a 21 point lead last week and should still be playing.  

The reality is none of that means a thing tonight. 1 team will be a step closer to their dreams, the other team will have its season come to an abrupt end.  There aren' any bad teams left and as much as we hope it' a comfortable game for whatever team you pull for, the likelihood is it will and should be an uncomfortable game. A little over 3 hours until we find out who travels to Cookeville 

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First of all, what a game! FC showed some guts in the second half of that ball game. 

Here is my perspective and I would love to hear the FC side of things. Please don't think I am taking anything away from the players. I' not. They played ball. My thing about the flow of the game is why did Brothers get cute and throw the ball in the second quarter? 2 picks! NCS was having success and at that point in the game, FC looked shocked to me. Myers was running hard and breaking tackles, then Brothers does what he has done all year. I wanna here the FC take on thatg aspect of the game. 

The other part and this was actually my biggest fear is FC coaches made great adjustments in the second half. NCS didn't and those adjustments breathed life back into the FC players.  

Congrats it was a well earned victory

16 hours ago, carguy59 said:

What is your point? That H.S. football is math class? You do know that Hewitt was injured in that game, right? Its the only reason MJCA had a chance against DA. As for the backs that you claim to be top ten in the state, you do realize this is the absolute worst class in the state. Any average back should be pounding out 200 a game against 10 or 12 of the teams in D2 A, so shutting those guys down is no big deal. Kings, MJCA and MTCS are all middle of the road teams in the worst class in TSSAA football.

You're right.   Probably should have compared head to head.  The West was weak, the East has the top two squads in the championship.  So the East 1-5 squads beat down the West 1-5 squads head to head.

BTW, Lawless told the FCS line on the first series that he's a 4 star that can play anywhere in the country he wants ... who are you guys.  On the last play of the game, one of the FCS lineman told him he's a 0 star that is playing in Cookeville in a couple of weeks for the championship.