Catholic vs Oak Ridge: A Rivalry is Born

WilleTheWildcat

1 hour ago, IrishBBall said:

I think you may a little naïve thinking that every player in Knox, Blount or Anderson County are attending the schools they are zoned for. Not saying anybody is doing anything illegal but it is very easy to circumvent school zones in Knox County. It's very easy to transfer or start at a school out of your home zone.  

I don't think EVERY player does

38 minutes ago, ORTX said:

It's funny that all of the OR fans are complaining about Catholic not being fair.  When if you asked Joe Gaddis, then he would say he wants to play the best, public or private.  Shut up and just root for your team.  Some OR fans complained about the difficulty of the first four games, now your whining about the unfairness of having to play Catholic.  To be honest, your embarrassing yourselves.  And it should be really embarrassing that you don't know who number 68 is for Catholic!!!

I don't know who #68 is for anyone we played or will play.  Why should I? What we are saying about Catholic is true, but it doesn't matter. Let's just play the game

40 minutes ago, ORTX said:

It's funny that all of the OR fans are complaining about Catholic not being fair.  When if you asked Joe Gaddis, then he would say he wants to play the best, public or private.  Shut up and just root for your team.  Some OR fans complained about the difficulty of the first four games, now your whining about the unfairness of having to play Catholic.  To be honest, your embarrassing yourselves.  And it should be really embarrassing that you don't know who number 68 is for Catholic!!!

I've heard of Cade Mays but why would I ever follow him or even know his number????  I'm not embarrassed about that at all.  If I hadn't known Tee's number last year, now that would've been embarrassing!

44 minutes ago, ORTX said:

Also, it's not a Catholic issue...it's ANY private school. WHY DO YOU THINK THE TSSAA HAS A SEPARATE DIVISION FOR PRIVATE SCHOOLS???????  Catholic should be in it, but in the meantime, we'll have to try to beat them. I'm not embarrassed about ANYTHING I've said about playing Catholic or not knowing the number of a Catholic player. In fact, I would be embarrassed if I had known who #68 for Catholic is!

I for one (OR fan) am saying the way the tssaa has 1.8 rule, but your player's can live in any area is unfair to public school athelics. This argument is not unique to OR. As stated by a Knox Catholic poster, they've been listening to it for years. Let's take Brentwood Academy.  Grades 9-12 × 1.8 they might be playing 3a ball. As I have stated before, if it takes playing Knox Catholic to get to the State, we ll play 'em every year.

17 minutes ago, atrisk said:

I for one (OR fan) am saying the way the tssaa has 1.8 rule, but your player's can live in any area is unfair to public school athelics. This argument is not unique to OR. As stated by a Knox Catholic poster, they've been listening to it for years. Let's take Brentwood Academy.  Grades 9-12 × 1.8 they might be playing 3a ball. As I have stated before, if it takes playing Knox Catholic to get to the State, we ll play 'em every year.

I agree with you 100%.  Now where are all of those Catholic fans who want to talk football???   START TALKING.......

21 hours ago, rebelwoman87 said:

Yes he played Friday night. Had two flags for unsportsmanlike. Get ready for that if he plays. Word is he was in a boot last week too. 

Yeah, I saw the incidents he got flagged for. Deserved them both, especially the very wreckless late hit (dove into a scrum headfirst). In the college game, the 2nd would have resulted in an ejection.

1 hour ago, ORTX said:

I happen to know who #68 for Catholic is but why should the "average" Oak Ridge fan know who he is? He's just a kid that plays for another school. BFD! And we'll just take em one at a time till we win state or lose.

31 minutes ago, bounder said:

I happen to know who #68 for Catholic is but why should the "average" Oak Ridge fan know who he is? He's just a kid that plays for another school. BFD! And we'll just take em one at a time till we win state or lose.

You people prove my point about OR fans.  You really don't follow football.