Catholic vs Oak Ridge: A Rivalry is Born

WilleTheWildcat

10 minutes ago, atrisk said:

Come on! Injuries are no laughing matter.  I did record and watch the Fulton/KC game and saw a player leave the game with a pronounced limp. Guess it may have been #68.

I never laughed that he was hurt!! I just saw his picture from Columbus yesterday and he was in a boot. So I said give the coaches a heads up for game prep! I never laughed!

48 minutes ago, SweetScience said:

It may get old and I understand it being frustrating, but as long as Catholic is in public schooling division this issue is going to keep being brought up. Tell me this....Why can Webb be private but Catholic can't? And all the other privates for that matter? I don't see how y'all can't understand us public guys questioning this. It's just not a level playing field, there's no other way to put this. Answer that for me about Webb and I'll shut up, promise.

I don't want you to shut up you actually talk football. Webb and the other locals play smaller private division. Catholic. Used play in that division but then they got moved to public and at the time they wanted no part of it. The small division has more east tennessee teams between knoxville and chattanooga so it's more financially  feasible. I personally remember playing regular season games in Memphis and being home around 5am on Saturday and then going to work at 8am that day. I can't imagine other sports during the week. I know this isn't your problem but Catholic is just playing by the rules tssaa has provided. I have heard the tssaa rep for east tennessee privates is David Meske so I'm sure that doesn't make Catholic quick to want to move in to his cross hairs of alignment either. Keep in mind the other small privates don't want to play Alcoa every year either so playing private isn't so bad for them.

24 minutes ago, ChardeeMacdennis said:

I don't want you to shut up you actually talk football. Webb and the other locals play smaller private division. Catholic. Used play in that division but then they got moved to public and at the time they wanted no part of it. The small division has more east tennessee teams between knoxville and chattanooga so it's more financially  feasible. I personally remember playing regular season games in Memphis and being home around 5am on Saturday and then going to work at 8am that day. I can't imagine other sports during the week. I know this isn't your problem but Catholic is just playing by the rules tssaa has provided. I have heard the tssaa rep for east tennessee privates is David Meske so I'm sure that doesn't make Catholic quick to want to move in to his cross hairs of alignment either. Keep in mind the other small privates don't want to play Alcoa every year either so playing private isn't so bad for them.

Thank you for answering. I appreciate it.

1 hour ago, ChardeeMacdennis said:

This is an argument that you CANNOT win...Sweets may be satisfied but the rest of the state isn't. I thought you wanted to talk football...if you do then PLEASE START TALKING!!  Because you're wasting your breath on the other topic

1 hour ago, atrisk said:

I'm glad for the growth of your school. However, I don't think this growth should translate into an unfair advantage when it comes to playing in a public division. Best of luck on future growth(if that's what you want) and endevors.

You're exactly right and so is f-pop.  Sweets is being too politically correct, as usual. NOTHING that Catholic guy says satisfies me and I don't "appreciate" any of it!!  He keeps saying he wants to talk football...but do all of you notice that he NEVER DOES???????