Catholic vs Oak Ridge: A Rivalry is Born

WilleTheWildcat

2 hours ago, SweetScience said:

None at all? Ok, I believe you. Very hesitantly, but I do.

None are on scholarship and no one is on a work study program anymore so that we could remain with the public schools. Also our student base has a 1.8 multiplier to determine our classification. We have right at 600 students. TadVols is sure we have money funneled to players but I've asked about several in question and I'm satisfied we're playing by the rules.

5 hours ago, QSouth89 said:

If this is the first time these teams have played then it can’t be much of a rivalry. After reading some of the post it would appear that very little football will actually be discussed and private bashing will dominate the board. People are making accusations of cheating against Catholic and they know someone who knows someone and all that, then please turn in the school and let justice run its course. It’s not your money so why use the excuse of being afraid of lawsuits (as read on previous threads)? The Irish were allowed to stay in the public’s yet they catch all the criticism instead of the TSSAA who allowed them to remain in D1. It's like the people who complain about Trump being president but didn’t vote. It won’t be long before the Irish are forced into D2 there are too many people upset about them being allowed to stay. Last year an Alcoa fan said it perfectly...if Catholic was losing no one would care. Oh well. Hopefully football will be discussed if not good luck to both teams. 

Private bashing ?? I saw a lot of Public bashing going on ... A Catholic fan pointing at someone else about recruiting is Hilarious . 

• Like 1

So according to the TSSAA to be a Division 1 - 5A classification you must have 1103-1508 enrolled students.
Ref: http://tssaa.org/school-classifications-by-sport-2017-2021/

Oak Ridge High has around 1458.

Though Catholic has reported 650 according to their website http://www.knoxvillecatholic.com/about-knoxville-catholic-high-school/school-demographics/ , the website says the numbers are from 2015-2016. The TSSAA site says their enrollment is 1114. So they increased enrollment by 500+ kids in the last year? Or do they get numbers added because they are a private school?

Edited by jeffyt
Updated