Brighton @ Henry County

HCBigRed

3 hours ago, Expertguru81 said:

Brighton needs to hire a coach that is able to build a program.   The program now is in a state of disarray.   Coaches are arguing in front of the children.   The program has the best weight room in West Tennessee and is not utilized.   Plus it's basketball season so we all know what that means.   Henry County 72 Brighton 10.

You seem to have an intimate knowledge of the Brighton football program, and yet, just enough disdain in your tone to have a bit of a chip on your shoulder. Hmmmm . . . 2 + 2 = Taken any good naps on a high jump mat in the middle of a track meet lately, Coach . . . I mean "Expertguru81"? The irony of that name isn't lost on me, by the way. 

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, WestTennPhootballGuru said:

You seem to have an intimate knowledge of the Brighton football program, and yet, just enough disdain in your tone to have a bit of a chip on your shoulder. Hmmmm . . . 2 + 2 = Taken any good naps on a high jump mat in the middle of a track meet lately, Coach . . . I mean "Expertguru81"? The irony of that name isn't lost on me, by the way. 

It seems that we all agree on a score give or take a few points.   I will indeed be there Friday night waiting to see if the score is the score that I predicted.    It's very hard to win at Henry County.   I am quite sure you have been there several times.

12 minutes ago, Expertguru81 said:

It seems that we all agree on a score give or take a few points.   I will indeed be there Friday night waiting to see if the score is the score that I predicted.    It's very hard to win at Henry County.   I am quite sure you have been there several times.

Good to know you'll be at the game. Keep us all updated on the score. Shouldn't be too hard for a former Level 5 Math teacher. 

20 hours ago, WestTennPhootballGuru said:

This was my first thought as well. Reminds me of the not so old days when an opposing coach would get on the media and talk about how overmatched, outsized, out prepared they were just to instill false confidence. 

19 minutes ago, FactsOnly said:

Maybe there is even some "good cop, bad cop" strategy here? 

I have to agree that there is probably some strategy going on here. The "facts" of the situation are pretty clear, however. The amount of points that Brighton is allowing each game makes it quite evident that they don't put a priority on defense...and we all know what wins championships. Henry County has hung their hats on this fact for years.

4 hours ago, RedSwarm4Life said:

I have to agree that there is probably some strategy going on here. The "facts" of the situation are pretty clear, however. The amount of points that Brighton is allowing each game makes it quite evident that they don't put a priority on defense...and we all know what wins championships. Henry County has hung their hats on this fact for years.

Great observation.  I wouldn't call it a lack of priority, I would call it laziness.  Brighton has as many defenses as there are teams in the NFL.    I have been to every game this year and sometimes it is a 2 man front, 3 man front, 4 man front, 5 man front, 6 man front and finally a 7 man front.  It also seems like the coordinator is playing a video game or sonething.  Somebody said that nobody has a clue what defense he is running.    The players don't, the coaches don't, the parents don't, the booster club doesn't, the cheerleaders do not even know.   They had a great defensive coordinator that won several state titles at another school.   He was the D.C.  for the first five games  last year, then he mysteriously somehow got SICK.    He looked well at every game he came too after, but he was too sick to Coach is what My son was told.  They were referring to sick as being ill, but he was sick to his stomach at what was going on is what I think.

Edited by Expertguru81

11 hours ago, Expertguru81 said:

Great observation.  I wouldn't call it a lack of priority, I would call it laziness.  Brighton has as many defenses as there are teams in the NFL.    I have been to every game this year and sometimes it is a 2 man front, 3 man front, 4 man front, 5 man front, 6 man front and finally a 7 man front.  It also seems like the coordinator is playing a video game or sonething.  Somebody said that nobody has a clue what defense he is running.    The players don't, the coaches don't, the parents don't, the booster club doesn't, the cheerleaders do not even know.   They had a great defensive coordinator that won several state titles at another school.   He was the D.C.  for the first five games  last year, then he mysteriously somehow got SICK.    He looked well at every game he came too after, but he was too sick to Coach is what My son was told.  They were referring to sick as being ill, but he was sick to his stomach at what was going on is what I think.

Dude. 

I've been on Coach T a long time. Most of us here have. If you think we are going to fall for your efforts to get us to post some bulletin board material for your locker room, you've come to the wrong thread. 

We well know Brighton is hard working, well coached, and have earned their appearance at our place Friday.