Coach Morris is stepping down

SHHS87

2 hours ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

I heard the 43 count in the newspaper article a couple of weeks ago. The next week it was over 50. It is frustrating that this is dragging on and Ward did not accept. But there are plenty more and a lot of good ones. Everything will work out ok. 

I'm not sure Milan fans would embrace Ward's "offense in a phone booth" philosophy...it's worked for him at Crockett to a certain extent but times have changed....

1 hour ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

That's one of the reasons I was so intrigued with the idea of McConell  coming over from Waverley. His offense is wide open 

I would be open to that....ever since coach Holden stepped down as OC, Milan's offense has gotten predictable.....tailback up the middle or a fade to the WR.....nothing in between.....

44 minutes ago, cofo said:

I would be open to that....ever since coach Holden stepped down as OC, Milan's offense has gotten predictable.....tailback up the middle or a fade to the WR.....nothing in between.....

I did not see it like in years past this year but Morris ran off tackle and down hill more that any other coach in the area. Everyone knew it was coming and he could get his team to execute it so well that it still worked. He would get the linemen up on the second level opposite play side and just pound you to death with it. One year he ran A.Coleman 43 times in one game to beat CPA in the semis. of those 43 runs about 30 of them were off tackle and down hill. What he was able to do was shorten the game and limit CPA massive offensive snaps and Milan pulled the major upset. It was not major to me I knew Milan could beat them but in all of the state publications us red headed #### children over here is left Tennessee get no coverage and everyone just assumed that CPA would dominate the dumb hicks from left Tennessee. This is just one of the many many things that Milan is going to miss about Morris. 

Speaking of no coverage and getting shafted I would like to get the best on both sides of the ball from each of the 3 zones and line up and play ball. I do not discount middle of east zones talent of teams I just want out teams to get equal coverage and recognition. It was a few years ago I counted all the players from the all state team and west tn and 3 players total. and middle and east made up the rest.... This is just one of the many examples I could give. 

Another thing I want to point out about Morris is his ability to get his kids that could play to the next level. I know for fact that he would fight to get his kids to the next level. This is a ton of extra work that high school dont have to do. Making calls and sending tape out to colleges. A bunch of high school coaches do none of this. 

In regards to a college coach the most important person is his high school football coach. There is a level of honesty and expectation that understood and coach Morris was very well respected in this aspect. 

Im personally happy that Morris is gone because Lordy I am tired of my hornets having to play him every single year. Hopefully the dawgs will hire a coach from the EU that thinks were playing Futball here..... 

So Ward is not going to take it.  Of the ten that were interviewed how many would turn it down before they get to one that will take it?  My guess not very many.  I think (based on the previous sentence) there should be a coach in place today or tomorrow, the latest should be sometime next week.  So what is taking so long?

4 hours ago, riverrat said:

So Ward is not going to take it.  Of the ten that were interviewed how many would turn it down before they get to one that will take it?  My guess not very many.  I think (based on the previous sentence) there should be a coach in place today or tomorrow, the latest should be sometime next week.  So what is taking so long?

I do not believe 10 were interviewed. But I don't think it will take much longer. 

17 minutes ago, Lacesout said:

If that is true McConnell would be crazy to pass up an opportunity like this. HC at Milan would be most coaches dream!  

You maybe right.  He has nothing to prove at Waverly which he built up from when he got there.  I would not begin to underestimate the emotional attachment he may be feeling.   This is not as easy a decision as some may think.  Milan has lots of positives but is not without it's negatives.

Edited by BigStickDiplomacy