Coach Morris is stepping down

SHHS87

On 12/13/2017 at 7:02 PM, Beagle said:

Matt McConnell has a truly  great football mind. If Milan has to chance to sign him up then they should no matter who else this side of  Rankin or Belicheats applies. I know two of his former assistants at Waverly plus two of my former pee wee players.Both coaches are  in awe of the mans ability to digest football on film and live in game. Both say they have never been around anyone like him and one of them played here (Camden) for Coach ward who is no slouch .

He truly worked miracles in Waverly imaging what he would do with a football mad town like Milan and all the funds, athletes and faculty  support  the town seems to have year after year. Every kid will be treated fairly and equally  no matter who they are.You work hard and win the job ...well you better not rest on your laurels because he is watching on film in the weight room  always from what i hear! You can lose your job if you are not playing up to your capability and the guiy behind you is putting in the work your not.

Plus it would put a huge dent in Waverly football program..lol  The fans over there  got real cocky in the last 3 years  all it took was a former Lion to get them on track:P

Matt McConnell is a tremendous coach who has done great things at Waverly and would win at Milan also in a huge way.  They would be hard pressed to find a better coach.  

4 minutes ago, howdoitknow said:

Matt McConnell is a tremendous coach who has done great things at Waverly and would win at Milan also in a huge way.  They would be hard pressed to find a better coach.  

agreed.  i would hate to see mcconnell leave waverly but milan would be crazy not to come up with whatever it takes to get him. young, energetic and the hardest working coach they will find.  

On December 15, 2017 at 2:27 PM, Lacesout said:

agreed.  i would hate to see mcconnell leave waverly but milan would be crazy not to come up with whatever it takes to get him. young, energetic and the hardest working coach they will find.  

I don't know what he was making at Waverly but I do know what Morris was making. The coaching stipend is very generous in Milan. Don't think it would come down to coming up with what ever it takes to get him. I think he would probably be shocked at how much they would offer. Money would not be an issue. 

On ‎11‎/‎14‎/‎2017 at 10:12 PM, pizzpatriot said:

Personally, I feel for who ever comes in there. If they don’t win off the bat, could get rough. Those folks over there are used to winning!

from what I hear....Milan could be very good for the next 3-4 years....Milan principal said he has 43 applicants for the job...all across TN and many from out of state....haven't been keeping up but the Waverly coach sounds interesting....

On ‎12‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 2:02 PM, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

They have a short list. One in house guy and a couple ofclose by big names. One just across the river and one out of Memphis. I would be shocked if this is not over with very soon. 

BigPurp...shoot me a text....I changed phones a month or so ago and my contacts for some reason didn't transfer....I lost your digits....