Coach Morris is stepping down

SHHS87

5 hours ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

I think they could get the job done and I know one of them has applied for sure. But I think that we could do so much better with the quality of people that are applying. JMHO. 

I heard there was people on the inside pulling for the assistant. 

44 minutes ago, Tide21 said:

I heard there was people on the inside pulling for the assistant. 

Probably so. And it wouldn't surprise me if the assistant got it. Last two times we change the coaches the new coach came from within house. It's just my opinion  that with the quality of people that are applying they should go outside the current staff. 

18 hours ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

I was told at church this morning by the wife of a major qb club booster that a big name Memphis coach had applied for the job and was being seriously considered. I will have to dig into this more as she didn't have a name. Really curious to see who this is. Maybe KWC or another Memphis poster has some insight??

Maybe teli White he would get it done no matter the cost lol 

Matt McConnell has a truly  great football mind. If Milan has to chance to sign him up then they should no matter who else this side of  Rankin or Belicheats applies. I know two of his former assistants at Waverly plus two of my former pee wee players.Both coaches are  in awe of the mans ability to digest football on film and live in game. Both say they have never been around anyone like him and one of them played here (Camden) for Coach ward who is no slouch .

He truly worked miracles in Waverly imaging what he would do with a football mad town like Milan and all the funds, athletes and faculty  support  the town seems to have year after year. Every kid will be treated fairly and equally  no matter who they are.You work hard and win the job ...well you better not rest on your laurels because he is watching on film in the weight room  always from what i hear! You can lose your job if you are not playing up to your capability and the guiy behind you is putting in the work your not.

Plus it would put a huge dent in Waverly football program..lol  The fans over there  got real cocky in the last 3 years  all it took was a former Lion to get them on track:P

10 hours ago, Beagle said:

Matt McConnell has a truly  great football mind. If Milan has to chance to sign him up then they should no matter who else this side of  Rankin or Belicheats applies. I know two of his former assistants at Waverly plus two of my former pee wee players.Both coaches are  in awe of the mans ability to digest football on film and live in game. Both say they have never been around anyone like him and one of them played here (Camden) for Coach ward who is no slouch .

He truly worked miracles in Waverly imaging what he would do with a football mad town like Milan and all the funds, athletes and faculty  support  the town seems to have year after year. Every kid will be treated fairly and equally  no matter who they are.You work hard and win the job ...well you better not rest on your laurels because he is watching on film in the weight room  always from what i hear! You can lose your job if you are not playing up to your capability and the guiy behind you is putting in the work your not.

Plus it would put a huge dent in Waverly football program..lol  The fans over there  got real cocky in the last 3 years  all it took was a former Lion to get them on track:P

I agree with you Beagle. I would be tickled pink if he was the coach. But there have been ALOT of applicants. Will be interesting to see what happens. 

My honest opinion is that Rod Smith would be a fantastic candidate for this job. Former Mr. football and Memphis Tiger football player. Had an outstanding college career that was cut short by a neck injury.   What is projected to be a mid-level NFL draft pick. He was a graduate assistant at the University of Memphis for several years on the coaching staff. Now he is the defense line coach at Mississippi College In Clinton Mississippi. He bleeds purple and would be an outstanding pick for this job. Sure wish he would apply.

4 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

My honest opinion is that Rod Smith would be a fantastic candidate for this job. Former Mr. football and Memphis Tiger football player. Had an outstanding college career that was cut short by a neck injury.   What is projected to be a mid-level NFL draft pick. He was a graduate assistant at the University of Memphis for several years on the coaching staff. Now he is the defense line coach at Mississippi College In Clinton Mississippi. He bleeds purple and would be an outstanding pick for this job. Sure wish he would apply.

My son met him at a camp at MC this summer really nice guy.

3 hours ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

He is a high character person that would be a great role model for young people. Glad your son got to meet him. Is your boy going to play in college??

He’s wanting too, he may try to walk on somewhere he’s had a couple small schools calling but they don’t offer much in money.