Coach Morris is stepping down

SHHS87

3 hours ago, ZEBRA35 said:

Anyone want to share what the supplement is? Ive heard some schools pay a % of a coaches salary and others its a flat amount

Coaches salaries at public schools are public record...pull it up on Milan Special School District website or drop by the BOE. Of course they could negotiate a higher or lower amount before signing a contract with whomever they decide to offer.

On 12/21/2017 at 0:51 PM, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

It's a flat rate. Last I saw was a couple of years ago and it was slightly over $23000. 

Dude?   Now I know why we will only ever be a bit better than good. I know what our HC gets and you need to knock one of those zeros off to get close. Thats crazy

16 hours ago, Beagle said:

Dude?   Now I know why we will only ever be a bit better than good. I know what our HC gets and you need to knock one of those zeros off to get close. Thats crazy

Yeah it's a lot. He made very good money. I talked to someone else about this but I would bet his total compensation was easily in the top 10 coaches in the state not counting private schools. But over his coaching career he has produced results and earned it. 

1 hour ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

New coach will be in place very soon. The Milan School Board is having a special called meeting tonight to discuss and vote on a new teaching position being added and amending the budget for the football coaching stipend. 

BPM, who is at the top of your wish list for the next head coach at Milan?

1 hour ago, SHHS87 said:

BPM, who is at the top of your wish list for the next head coach at Milan?

Rod Smith or McConnell from Waverly. I know itwill not be either one but it would be great.  They already have their guy picked. Just have to have the meeting to dot the i's and cross the t's. 

Edited by BIGPURPLEMACHINE

On 12/26/2017 at 10:07 AM, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Yeah it's a lot. He made very good money. I talked to someone else about this but I would bet his total compensation was easily in the top 10 coaches in the state not counting private schools. But over his coaching career he has produced results and earned it. 

No doubt he did. Class act.  I am sure Milan will pick another good one.  Had Morris ever been a head coach anywhere else when he took the job?