#1 Greeneville Vs. Marshall County!

DevilMan03

Just now, DevilMan03 said:

We can’t come out flat this Friday! But I will never doubt our guys. Down 21 most teams would have quit. We won that game during the off-season imo. 

We started out down 14 -0 with three straight turnovers on our end of the field. Both of these teams have some great resolve! 

9 minutes ago, DevilMan03 said:

With Cookeville one win away I don’t think the guys will make that mistake again. Now I did see someone on the Marshall County thread say neither team could beat Anderson County when it was halftime in Greeneville. Saw that post got edited quick lol

Didn't even see it lol. Is it natural to be pissed off about a win...asking for a friend.

Lead farmer were you still there to witness the Maplewood fans and entire team attacking us walking off field? Our boys were on the bus already and they came at #6 because he was alone after radio interview. I’ve never witnessed anything so mean and scared for my life trying to find my family and make sure everyone was ok. They should have been long gone by this time - It felt like they were waiting for us. We need to meet sometime. 

23 minutes ago, Lovemytigers3 said:

Lead farmer were you still there to witness the Maplewood fans and entire team attacking us walking off field? Our boys were on the bus already and they came at #6 because he was alone after radio interview. I’ve never witnessed anything so mean and scared for my life trying to find my family and make sure everyone was ok. They should have been long gone by this time - It felt like they were waiting for us. We need to meet sometime. 

I didn't get to see it unfortunately.  I left as soon as the final whistle blew. Had an hour drive home and had to work today. The TSSAA needs to be made aware of the post game actions of Maplewood. Totally classless. We will definitely meet up.

Edited by leadfarmer

28 minutes ago, leadfarmer said:

I didn't get to see it unfortunately.  I left as soon as the final whistle blew. Had an hour drive home and had to work today. The TSSAA needs to be made aware of the post game actions of Maplewood. Totally classless. We will definitely meet up.

I got most of it recorded and yes Tssaa will be made aware of it. I  promise you we are working on it. This was as bad as Knox-Catholic game 3 years ago as far as referees and fans but I’m like you I’m so mad over a costly win! Go Tigers!

hope to see lovemytigers and leadfarmer both in burley next week. I seriously doubt the atmosphere will be as electric as it was last night, but who knows, it will again be the only HS football game for miles and miles around so hopefully alot of the neutral fans and even all the local greene devil haters will show up and make this another awesome HS atmosphere. I hope you guys win your appeal and liggett gets to play but even without him i understand yall have a pretty good passing attack too. i think by now, opposing teams have figured out that running on us is basically a futile effort...either way, looking forward to this game. it's always fun to see teams we arent use to seeing and i hope you guys have a great trip and experience to greeneville. for the most part, we're pretty hospitable folks up here

• Upvote 1

Just now, BVDevil said:

hope to see lovemytigers and leadfarmer both in burley next week. I seriously doubt the atmosphere will be as electric as it was last night, but who knows, it will again be the only HS football game for miles and miles around so hopefully alot of the neutral fans and even all the local greene devil haters will show up and make this another awesome HS atmosphere. I hope you guys win your appeal and liggett gets to play but even without him i understand yall have a pretty good passing attack too. i think by now, opposing teams have figured out that running on us is basically a futile effort...either way, looking forward to this game. it's always fun to see teams we arent use to seeing and i hope you guys have a great trip and experience to greeneville. for the most part, we're pretty hospitable folks up here

Thanks BVDevil.  I'm looking forward to the trip. We got a raw deal last night. Hopefully we get him back for this game but if not, it is what it is. Little Wallace can throw the football for sure. We are coming up to Burley to give it the old college try. Hope to make a game of it.

Well I can honestly say I called this matchup back in August. Greeneville won last night but I must give Anderson Co some credit to play the way they did in what I know personally is one of the toughest environments in Tennessee High school football. Here’s what I know after seeing both these teams last year. Greeneville needs to get off to a lot better start than they did vs AC. Greene Devils I will warn you, IF Liggit plays, this offense Marshall County has is very potent. Wallace can run and throw and Liggit is a LOAD and a much better runner than any back you’ve seen all year. The big concern for Marshall County was could they replace those great WRs they had last year, Howard and Crutcher I think were their names and obviously they have. On Defense they are huge. One guy in particular was number 9, I think his name was McClean. He will remind you of your own DE/OLB, Big fast and extremely physical. This will be no blowout on either side, however my early advantage goes to the Devils, that drive either way is NO JOKE, trust me I made them both last year.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, chsbobcat09 said:

Well I can honestly say I called this matchup back in August. Greeneville won last night but I must give Anderson Co some credit to play the way they did in what I know personally is one of the toughest environments in Tennessee High school football. Here’s what I know after seeing both these teams last year. Greeneville needs to get off to a lot better start than they did vs AC. Greene Devils I will warn you, IF Liggit plays, this offense Marshall County has is very potent. Wallace can run and throw and Liggit is a LOAD and a much better runner than any back you’ve seen all year. The big concern for Marshall County was could they replace those great WRs they had last year, Howard and Crutcher I think were their names and obviously they have. On Defense they are huge. One guy in particular was number 9, I think his name was McClean. He will remind you of your own DE/OLB, Big fast and extremely physical. This will be no blowout on either side, however my early advantage goes to the Devils, that drive either way is NO JOKE, trust me I made them both last year.

Pretty good assessment chsbobcat09.  Good luck to y'all in the semis!