#1 Greeneville Vs. Marshall County!

DevilMan03

2 minutes ago, barb said:

Oh  you mean butt-hurt.  I thought you were concerned for the players. I didn't realize you meant the coaches but you most certainly meant yourself.  It was 4th and 7 not 3rd. And it was closer to 3 minutes left. We could have just as easily turned it over on downs and given MC good field position. Are you equally upset with Ballard running the ball in for a TD on 4th down? cause he did that too!  As far as kids taking shots, who would you be referring to?

I'm not butt hurt at all. I'm just an avid football fan calling it like I see it. I have zero dogs in the fight and was pulling for Greeneville as my wife and all her family are lifelong Greeneville residents/alums. I know it was 4th down, I stated that. The TD came with 2:31 to play; or atleast your statistician says so; argue with him/her. And yes, you could have easily turned it over on downs there and still been leading 42-17.... spin it how you want but it was bush league. I didnt say anyone was taking shots; although the game was a bit chippy by MC with some unsportsmanlike calls in the 2nd half. This is one of those scenarios where its Ok until the shoe is on the other foot.   

9 minutes ago, SPRedRaider said:

I'm not butt hurt at all. I'm just an avid football fan calling it like I see it. I have zero dogs in the fight and was pulling for Greeneville as my wife and all her family are lifelong Greeneville residents/alums. I know it was 4th down, I stated that. The TD came with 2:31 to play; or atleast your statistician says so; argue with him/her. And yes, you could have easily turned it over on downs there and still been leading 42-17.... spin it how you want but it was bush league. I didnt say anyone was taking shots; although the game was a bit chippy by MC with some unsportsmanlike calls in the 2nd half. This is one of those scenarios where its Ok until the shoe is on the other foot.   

MC had a bit of a chippy problem. That is a discipline problem for the MC coaches to deal with.  Greeneville has to play their game every snap this deep in the play-offs. They may be in a position next game where throwing on 4th and 7 with 2:31 left in the game is the difference between gold or silver. I would rather know we could do it if necessary. 

Edited by barb

7 minutes ago, barb said:

well MC obviously has a bit of a chippy problem since they were sitting a player who was tossed the previous week. That is a discipline problem for the MC coaches to deal with.  Greeneville has to play their game every snap this deep in the play-offs. They may be in a position next game where throwing on 4th and 7 with 2:31 left in the game is the difference between gold or silver. I would rather know we could do it if necessary. 

Come on Barb.  Please don't get on here and trash our kids. The Marshall County faithful have nothing but good things to say about Greeneville and their fans. Liggett's ejection last week was bogus and everyone who has seen the video that I know agrees. As far as getting chippy, those kids have worked their tails off over the last 3 years and to make it to the semis each of those 3 years and not get over the hump would be a little demoralizing to say the least.  Please show a little respect. Greeneville has a great team and you should be proud. 

Edited by leadfarmer

5 minutes ago, leadfarmer said:

Come on Barb.  Please don't get on here and trash our kids. The Marshall County faithful have nothing but good things to say about Greeneville and their fans. Liggett's ejection last week was bogus and everyone who has seen the video that I know agrees. As far as getting chippy, those kids have worked their tails off over the last 3 years and to make it to the semis each of those 3 years and not get over the hump would be a little demoralizing to say the least.  Please show a little respect. Greeneville has a great team and you should be proud. 

This is exactly my thoughts on why I don't agree with throwing the ball up 42-17 with under 3 minutes left in the game. It's demoralizing and kicks a team already down. Uncalled for..... I'm honestly surprised it didn't become more chippy after that fact.

10 minutes ago, leadfarmer said:

I realized how bad that sounded and edited. Sorry I didnt catch it in time, however, being demoralized does not mean you should have a breakdown in discipline.  These young men played their hearts out and I realize that but, i absolutely cannot abide this raider dude blaming the chippy play on Greeneville's play-calling.

19 minutes ago, barb said:

I realized how bad that sounded and edited. Sorry I didnt catch it in time, however, being demoralized does not mean you should have a breakdown in discipline.  These young men played their hearts out and I realize that but, i absolutely cannot abide this raider dude blaming the chippy play on Greeneville's play-calling.

You're grasping. I never said Greeneville's play calling created the chippyness...... But if you are uneducated enough to think that having a team THROW a TD pass on you with 2:31 left in a game doesn't piss off a 17-18 year old kid giving it his all and could ignite some anger that usually isnt there; you haven't been around football long. And if you have you've failed to learn anything.

Simply saying; given the scenario you are putting the kids of Greeneville in lines fire for cheap shots. You act as if it doesnt happen. 

Edited by SPRedRaider

1 hour ago, SPRedRaider said:

When you are leading 42-17 with 2 minutes to go and you throw a homerun ball.... yeah thats risky. Its called adding insult to injury. The game was in hand. No need to run up the score. And it most certainly creates an atmosphere to where kids will start taking shots. How would the Greeneville fan base reacted had you been on the other side of it. That is a scenario coaches do not forget. To be honest, why was starters still in the game at that point? 

But you did...

4 minutes ago, SPRedRaider said:

You're grasping. I never said Greeneville's play calling created the chippyness...... But if you are uneducated enough to think that having a team THROW a TD pass on you with 2:31 left in a game doesn't piss off a 17-18 year old kid giving it his all and could ignite some anger that usually isnt there; you haven't been around football long. And if you have you've failed to learn anything.

Simply saying; given the scenario you are putting the kids of Greeneville in lines fire for cheap shots. You act as if it doesnt happen. 

I don't think insulting my intelligence does anything to make your point. Discipline. The personal fouls started early in the second half, not with 2:31 left in the game. You are the one grasping. I know it happens, however, it can and should be managed by the coaches through discipline. I have been around football and football players my entire life.  You should not be using the boys will be boys excuse. Just pick up your ball and go home.

2 minutes ago, barb said:

But you did...

I don't think insulting my intelligence does anything to make your point. Discipline. The personal fouls started early in the second half, not with 2:31 left in the game. You are the one grasping. I know it happens, however, it can and should be managed by the coaches through discipline. I have been around football and football players my entire life.  You should not be using the boys will be boys excuse. Just pick up your ball and go home.

Ditto.... we will just have to agree to disagree. Again, I have no dog in the fight.

12 hours ago, SPRedRaider said:

Let me add.... I'm not taking anything away from Greeneville. You guys have a great team and know how to win. Just an observation from a football fan. 

the marshall fans didnt complain about it, that i know of and even asked leadfarmer about it late last night and he said it was fine with him ....i can see where some people might not like what ballard did but if the marshall people arent complaining, i have to ask why you are so seemingly distraught over it...ok,  maybe distraught is a poor choice of words...lets go with miffed...why are  you so miffed about it...LOL....