#1 Greeneville Vs. Marshall County!

DevilMan03

9 hours ago, SPRedRaider said:

Good game tonight to take in. For you full-time Greeneville fans, do you guys utilize the bubble screens that often or was that something that you guys saw in film this week and just exposed it. Made the offense seem a little vanilla but did prove to open up the running game in the second half.

I thought MC could have moved the ball at will if they had continued to work the middle with the underneath passes. MC #14 was open underneath all night and had pretty good hands.

And come one man.... Up 42-17 and throwing the ball? I understand its the playoffs but that's how you get guys hurt.

I'm not defending or saying that Greeneville is wrong in this regard, but more and more I hear about top 4 high school teams playing this way because this is how they keep winning.  You have to play every game like it is a state title game.  If a team is going to keep giving you the ball as a pass down field and your rent up by 35, play ball.  Also, that's a 25 point lead.  That's three mess ups and the clock isn't running either.  I am a firm believer in the 35 point rule:  You utilize your full offense, including throwing the ball deep, until you hit 35.  Then call off the dogs and get the game over with.

37 minutes ago, formerblazer said:

I'm not defending or saying that Greeneville is wrong in this regard, but more and more I hear about top 4 high school teams playing this way because this is how they keep winning.  You have to play every game like it is a state title game.  If a team is going to keep giving you the ball as a pass down field and your rent up by 35, play ball.  Also, that's a 25 point lead.  That's three mess ups and the clock isn't running either.  I am a firm believer in the 35 point rule:  You utilize your full offense, including throwing the ball deep, until you hit 35.  Then call off the dogs and get the game over with.

It’s also how you get kids hurt. There was 2 minutes left in the game. If that had been the 2nd or 3rd team QB, no problem. Those kids practice all week. But to have your starting QB throwing the ball into the end zone up 42-17 with 2 minutes to play is bush league to me. 

• Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, SPRedRaider said:

It’s also how you get kids hurt. There was 2 minutes left in the game. If that had been the 2nd or 3rd team QB, no problem. Those kids practice all week. But to have your starting QB throwing the ball into the end zone up 42-17 with 2 minutes to play is bush league to me. 

Im not understsnding your logic... It is somehow more dangerous to throw the ball while winning with 2 minutes left in the game? 

15 minutes ago, barb said:

Im not understsnding your logic... It is somehow more dangerous to throw the ball while winning with 2 minutes left in the game? 

When you are leading 42-17 with 2 minutes to go and you throw a homerun ball.... yeah thats risky. Its called adding insult to injury. The game was in hand. No need to run up the score. And it most certainly creates an atmosphere to where kids will start taking shots. How would the Greeneville fan base reacted had you been on the other side of it. That is a scenario coaches do not forget. To be honest, why was starters still in the game at that point? 

24 minutes ago, SPRedRaider said:

When you are leading 42-17 with 2 minutes to go and you throw a homerun ball.... yeah thats risky. Its called adding insult to injury. The game was in hand. No need to run up the score. And it most certainly creates an atmosphere to where kids will start taking shots. How would the Greeneville fan base reacted had you been on the other side of it. That is a scenario coaches do not forget. To be honest, why was starters still in the game at that point? 

Oh  you mean butt-hurt.  I thought you were concerned for the players. I didn't realize you meant the coaches but you most certainly meant yourself.  It was 4th and 7 not 3rd. And it was closer to 3 minutes left. We could have just as easily turned it over on downs and given MC good field position. Are you equally upset with Ballard running the ball in for a TD on 4th down? cause he did that too!  As far as kids taking shots, who would you be referring to?