#1 Greeneville Vs. Marshall County!

DevilMan03

The more i watch Liggett run he reminds me alot of DeAndre Delaney that was the RB at Morristown West in 2016.  Delaney now plays safety at Wake Forest but was a 5A all-state back that rushed for 1,800 yards his Senior year and leads Morristown West in all time yards with  4,260 career yards. (Thats saying a lot when James "Little Man" Stewart played at your high school)

4 minutes ago, Swipes said:

The more i watch Liggett run he reminds me alot of DeAndre Delaney that was the RB at Morristown West in 2016.  Delaney now plays safety at Wake Forest but was a 5A all-state back that rushed for 1,800 yards his Senior year and leads Morristown West in all time yards with  4,260 career yards. (Thats saying a lot when James "Little Man" Stewart played at your high school)

I believe we will be able to contain him. I would rather play a rushing team than a passing team. We can stop the run easier lol 

6 hours ago, Swipes said:

Just watched the game between Maplewood and Marshall Co. on the NFHA Network and the officials in that game should never be aloud to ref again.  The ejection of Liggett was the worst i've seen in a high school game. 3 Maplewood players are stepping on him and shoving him into the ground and Liggett gets up hands the ball to the official.  I'm glad i'm not coaching anymore because I would have been tossed from that game!  Glad he gets to play and the TSSAA needs to let those officials ref pee-wee league games

Thank you very much for your honest opinion! I could go on for days about how screwed up the refs were in that game but I’m trying to not be so obnoxious about it- in the end we got Liggett back but there was no reason for him to be ejected at all- he had no previous penalties at all! It just scares me that it could have cost us the game and never mind all this unnecessary stress and time wasted over it! And I’m just hoping for good fair refs Friday night and hopefully not as much “dirty football “! 

Go Tigers!

30 minutes ago, Swipes said:

Liggett is the type of back that will just wear you down over the course of the game.  He has a very high motor and a mean stiff arm to boot. He is alot faster than he looks.  He is patient until he sees his opening and explodes through the hole. Very hard nosed runner and not easy to bring down. 

5 minutes ago, leadfarmer said:

Liggett is the type of back that will just wear you down over the course of the game.  He has a very high motor and a mean stiff arm to boot. He is alot faster than he looks.  He is patient until he sees his opening and explodes through the hole. Very hard nosed runner and not easy to bring down. 

Sounds exactly like Delaney 6"3 205lb as senior and ran with a purpose!  The Delaney comparison is a great compliment he was named Offensive MVP for the East in the East and West all-star game too his senior year.  Always love watching a Good RB play!  Like always this Game will be won in the trenches!

21 minutes ago, Lovemytigers3 said:

Thank you very much for your honest opinion! I could go on for days about how screwed up the refs were in that game but I’m trying to not be so obnoxious about it- in the end we got Liggett back but there was no reason for him to be ejected at all- he had no previous penalties at all! It just scares me that it could have cost us the game and never mind all this unnecessary stress and time wasted over it! And I’m just hoping for good fair refs Friday night and hopefully not as much “dirty football “! 

Go Tigers!

I always call it like I see it!  Lets hope the officials from both games don't get this game because the ones in Greeneville Last Friday were not good either.  Both teams better strap it up tight because It's going to be a hard hitting game!

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Swipes said:

Sounds exactly like Delaney 6"3 205lb as senior and ran with a purpose!  The Delaney comparison is a great compliment he was named Offensive MVP for the East in the East and West all-star game too his senior year.  Always love watching a Good RB play!  Like always this Game will be won in the trenches!

He had the same running style since he was in pee wee until he was a junior.  Had shoulder surgery after his sophomore year, kept the same running style his junior year and ended up having surgery on the shoulder again. This year he has switched it up a bit. Before this year he would rather run you over than try and put a move on you. As the season wore on I think he is getting back to a mix of finesse and laying the wood.

4 minutes ago, cornerback10 said:

Y’all 4A boys are too nice to each other on here. Are y’all going on a date or playing a football game?

Not too many people come out in 4A talking crazy CB10.  We all know what everybody brings to the table. We can't all be smack talk kings like you bro. Though I thoroughly enjoyed your rebuttal after the Huntingdon game. It was a work of art sir! Besides, crow is a tough meal after the semis. Had my fair share after the last 2 years.

Edited by leadfarmer
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Swipes said:

I always call it like I see it!  Lets hope the officials from both games don't get this game because the ones in Greeneville Last Friday were not good either.  Both teams better strap it up tight because It's going to be a hard hitting game!

Don't talk them fools up Swipes!

Best of luck to both teams. Very nice accomplishment to both teams reaching the Final Four of Class 4A Tennessee football. Unfortunately, one team must lose and pack up the equipment for the year, storing it in moth balls until late July when they unpack and begin the journey anew. Marshall County has had a bunch of success over the past 5-6 years. The past two seasons they have literally ran into buzzsaws in Catholic and Central. I personally think if they are going to have any chance to win this game, they need to switch up the offense. What I have seen is running the ball is job #1 and #2 and they throw just enough to keep a defense honest. I think they need to showcase Bryce Wallace in this game. Greeneville will game plan for Liggett running the ball. Let Bryce throw it all over the field and see what happens. Run some of that crazy stuff with 5 wides all on one side like the Lewisburg Jr High does. I feel like that is their only shot. I want to see them get the semifinal monkey off their back.

Rather than driving the 4 hours plus to Greeneville, I will be taking my place on the sidelines in Corntown and cheering on the Bulldogs loudly and clearly for leadfarmer....

Again, best of luck to both teams!!!!