Lausanne vs Notre Dame in the Gold Ball Contest

Booger

7 hours ago, WilsonJr1990 said:

I thought I had addressed this (multiple times actually), but I’ll try one last time in case you aren’t just giving me a hard time and actually curious. Lausanne does not co-op anymore. 

And don’t act like ND doesn’t have some good things going for them... Just a UT commit and a big lineman headed up north a state who could probably play at an even higher level. That’s just the couple I know, so I’m sure there are quite a few more. 

Lausanne win streak is 26, just trying to get to 27 this year. Hopefully they will be able to worry about 28 next August  :thumb: 

could b a hook.....mite not b a hook......luzianne quit co-opin when.....this year

can u feel it startin to tightin up just a smidgin

Booger just sayin 193.gif

10 hours ago, RaiseEmRightnPray said:

When somebody figures that out along with how in the world Knox Catholic is still in public classification, PLEASE LET US ALL KNOW. Neither one is right!!!

GOOOOOO BOOOOOOOOGERRRRRRRRR!!!!!

donka praywhileuraisem.......Booger dun gone......been up at the Spencer campin spot since toozday tryin to find Boogerself.....countin fallin leaves prior to big fights always settles mind of Booger

...Catholic North still a PUB cause they ant private...they r a PUB

Booger just sayin ani_leaves_pile.gif

Edited by Booger

9 hours ago, WilsonJr1990 said:

I thought I had addressed this (multiple times actually), but I’ll try one last time in case you aren’t just giving me a hard time and actually curious. Lausanne does not co-op anymore. 

And don’t act like ND doesn’t have some good things going for them... Just a UT commit and a big lineman headed up north a state who could probably play at an even higher level. That’s just the couple I know, so I’m sure there are quite a few more. 

Lausanne win streak is 26, just trying to get to 27 this year. Hopefully they will be able to worry about 28 next August  :thumb: 

Ok changed my prediction, ND by 17 and have been 100% this year on my predictions

Here’s my thoughts.  Lausanne is a bit of a mystery just like the other teams in our new classification that CPA has not played. So far this year they don’t seem as strong as they were last year. Gray is a great back but a good defense like Whitehaven kept him in check. ND has a good defense also as shown by keeping CPA scoreless (well, we did score to go ahead but a hold away from the ball called it back) in the second half. 

I think the wildcard is Boddie Jr.  He was not involved much in the BGA game it seems, but he is an explosive player maker.  If he has a big game, it’ll be close. If not, I see ND with smiles on their faces during the 4th quarter. 

I hear that Lausanne’s defense is tough but ND #3 makes those holes his oline creates look huge. 

Edited to say: ND special teams need to change their ways on kickoffs, I’m sure that’s been a focus during practice the last two weeks. 

Edited by bcd

Lausanne eyes second consecutive state championship, 27th straight win

John Varlas, USA TODAY NETWORK – TennesseePublished 9:00 a.m. CT Dec. 1, 2017

Lausanne Football

(Photo: Justin Ford/Speacial to The Commercial Appeal)

Lausanne linebacker Patrick Massey smiled and patted his head coach, Kevin Locastro, on the shoulder.

"Coach Locastro ... he can sell ice to an Eskimo," said the senior. 

Four years ago, what Locastro was selling to his team was maybe even more difficult to buy into — that their fledgling program would one day be a champion. 

"We were believing in something that really wasn't even there," Massey said. "But we trusted in our coaching staff and our school. And we really trusted in ourselves. Our first year ... we didn't win a district game, didn't make the playoffs.

"But my junior and senior year, we haven't lost a ball game. We shocked the world but we didn't really shock ourselves."

And the fact that it's no shock the Lynx are playing in Saturday's BlueCross Bowl Division II-AA state championship game is a testament to the efforts of everyone involved with the program. They'll go for their second straight title — and second straight undefeated season — against Chattanooga Notre Dame at Tennessee Tech's Tucker Stadium.

A victory would make Lausanne just the second Memphis football team to win consecutive state titles in the modern playoff era, which dates back to 1969. MUS went back to back in 2008 and 2009 while winning 28 straight games.

Lausanne (12-0) will be going for No. 27. Not that they're counting or anything.

"Last year, tradition was established," said wide receiver Gray Clark. "This year, tradition is being upheld. We are 26-0 but that hasn't been a factor. We're just playing every game like we're supposed to, coming out hard and coming out fast."

It's an approach that puts a smile on Locastro's face.

"Our mantra kind of going into this year was 'win the first, win the next, win the last,'" he said. "If you can do that, you'll win a state championship. It's been pretty remarkable through the 26 games that we haven't overlooked anybody, at least I don't think we have.

"This group has kind of picked up where we left off last year with respect to taking each opponent as they come and they getting ready for the next game after a big Friday night win."

Saturday's opponent has had lots of Friday success as well; the Fighting Irish enter the 3 p.m. contest with 11 straight victories after falling to Chattanooga Baylor in the season-opener. Lausanne will hoping for a good start; the Lynx fell behind against both Franklin Road Academy in the quarterfinals and Battle Ground in the semis before getting on track.

"These guys have shown a lot of poise, a lot of character in the way they've reacted," said Locastro. "Last year on our state championship team we started eight sophomores. So we've got a lot of guys that have played in a lot of big games."

Reach John Varlas at john.varlas@commercialappeal.com or on Twitter @johnvarlas.

I've been a Coach member for I don't even know how long. Bear Cat Brown might know. Booger, while I wish he spoke English, is a member of our country's finest and I have nothing but respect for him. Plus his kid was part of one of my favorite soccer nights ever, so I'm a fan and a backer. He's also part of the ND family. He also happens to live on the ski slope of one of my favorite childhood memories. Regardless, I'm really looking forward to tomorrow. Notre Dame has been around for 141 years. Not many schools can claim that. This is historic and the alumni have embraced it. We''ll be there. Go Irish.

52 minutes ago, Rabble Rouser said:

I've been a Coach member for I don't even know how long. Bear Cat Brown might know. Booger, while I wish he spoke English, is a member of our country's finest and I have nothing but respect for him. Plus his kid was part of one of my favorite soccer nights ever, so I'm a fan and a backer. He's also part of the ND family. He also happens to live on the ski slope of one of my favorite childhood memories. Regardless, I'm really looking forward to tomorrow. Notre Dame has been around for 141 years. Not many schools can claim that. This is historic and the alumni have embraced it. We''ll be there. Go Irish.

Nice post. Nobody likes to lose, ever, but seeing the excitement on the sideline in the 4th quarter by coaches and players alike was nice. Also, it looked like there was lots of good sportsmanship. I’m a ND fan tomorrow for sure. 

I hate I missed meeting Booger (was running late due to interstate traffic), but maybe we can make that happen next year. 

4 hours ago, kwc said:

Lausanne eyes second consecutive state championship, 27th straight win

John Varlas, USA TODAY NETWORK – TennesseePublished 9:00 a.m. CT Dec. 1, 2017

Lausanne Football

(Photo: Justin Ford/Speacial to The Commercial Appeal)

Lausanne linebacker Patrick Massey smiled and patted his head coach, Kevin Locastro, on the shoulder.

"Coach Locastro ... he can sell ice to an Eskimo," said the senior. 

Four years ago, what Locastro was selling to his team was maybe even more difficult to buy into — that their fledgling program would one day be a champion. 

"We were believing in something that really wasn't even there," Massey said. "But we trusted in our coaching staff and our school. And we really trusted in ourselves. Our first year ... we didn't win a district game, didn't make the playoffs.

"But my junior and senior year, we haven't lost a ball game. We shocked the world but we didn't really shock ourselves."

And the fact that it's no shock the Lynx are playing in Saturday's BlueCross Bowl Division II-AA state championship game is a testament to the efforts of everyone involved with the program. They'll go for their second straight title — and second straight undefeated season — against Chattanooga Notre Dame at Tennessee Tech's Tucker Stadium.

A victory would make Lausanne just the second Memphis football team to win consecutive state titles in the modern playoff era, which dates back to 1969. MUS went back to back in 2008 and 2009 while winning 28 straight games.

Lausanne (12-0) will be going for No. 27. Not that they're counting or anything.

"Last year, tradition was established," said wide receiver Gray Clark. "This year, tradition is being upheld. We are 26-0 but that hasn't been a factor. We're just playing every game like we're supposed to, coming out hard and coming out fast."

It's an approach that puts a smile on Locastro's face.

"Our mantra kind of going into this year was 'win the first, win the next, win the last,'" he said. "If you can do that, you'll win a state championship. It's been pretty remarkable through the 26 games that we haven't overlooked anybody, at least I don't think we have.

"This group has kind of picked up where we left off last year with respect to taking each opponent as they come and they getting ready for the next game after a big Friday night win."

Saturday's opponent has had lots of Friday success as well; the Fighting Irish enter the 3 p.m. contest with 11 straight victories after falling to Chattanooga Baylor in the season-opener. Lausanne will hoping for a good start; the Lynx fell behind against both Franklin Road Academy in the quarterfinals and Battle Ground in the semis before getting on track.

"These guys have shown a lot of poise, a lot of character in the way they've reacted," said Locastro. "Last year on our state championship team we started eight sophomores. So we've got a lot of guys that have played in a lot of big games."

Reach John Varlas at john.varlas@commercialappeal.com or on Twitter @johnvarlas.

OK ND by 17

oh let it b so volahol......for sure the tinheads have had a part in the way we structured a part of us.....cause let face it, no matter wehat the Irish done did in the old system....we were gonna have to got thru Aluminum City to get a chance at the big dance.....now that they kick the Irish out to another division so they wouldnt have to keep playin us......we shall now go dance and drink tea........Rabble Rouser dun made made Booger get moist with that post..

not sure how this thing ends up tomorrow....but them Linxs better bring sum extra composit material to protect them grill pieces.....Let this thang rip tater chip

Booger and Luther comin to Cookeville

Booger just sayin