OAK RIDGE WILDCAT FOOTBALL 2018

WilleTheWildcat

14 minutes ago, RebelAtHeart said:

Looks like everyone in the media and this forum assumes HVA cannot win tonight... not sure how they come to that conclusion other than last year’s team records.  New year... new teams.  That’s OK cause I like being the underdogs! The Admirals walked in last October assuming a victory too.  I guess that’s why they strap up and play... #GoHawks

Oak Ridge fans do not see it that way.  We were extremely fortunate to win last year at home.  We  know  that HVA returns 9 starters  on defense from last year and they have a great qb.  They lost 5 games last year by a total of 10 pts.  We are starting the youngest O-line maybe in the 75 years of  Oak Ridge football.  Players and coaches know what kind of a challenge the Cats face tonight.  Should be a great game.  Oak Ridge does have speed to burn, so that should help give us a chance to win.  

34 minutes ago, RebelAtHeart said:

Looks like everyone in the media and this forum assumes HVA cannot win tonight... not sure how they come to that conclusion other than last year’s team records.  New year... new teams.  That’s OK cause I like being the underdogs! The Admirals walked in last October assuming a victory too.  I guess that’s why they strap up and play... #GoHawks

I understand what you're doing but understand this......the media and people on Coacht mean nothing. It's all about the players and coaches from each school and I'll bet you neither group "assumes" victory over the other!

16 minutes ago, oridgecat said:

Oak Ridge fans do not see it that way.  We were extremely fortunate to win last year at home.  We  know  that HVA returns 9 starters  on defense from last year and they have a great qb.  They lost 5 games last year by a total of 10 pts.  We are starting the youngest O-line maybe in the 75 years of  Oak Ridge football.  Players and coaches know what kind of a challenge the Cats face tonight.  Should be a great game.  Oak Ridge does have speed to burn, so that should help give us a chance to win.  

Good post orcat.....I agree!

I’m just excited it’s football time in Tennessee! Win or lose both teams have certainly put in the sweat and tears over the last 8 months looking forward to tonight.  I hope it’s a hard fought battle... free of injury... helping both teams to prepare for conference titles!

By the way... Bearden whipped the Hawks last year with a 42-3 beat down. That game certainly did not represent the team we saw in the other 9 games (some HVA peeps know what was behind the Bearden debacle). The other 4 losses were by a combined 21 points.

Looking for big plays tonight from the following Hawks : #1, 2, 3, 5, 7, 10, 17, 20, 24, 25, 53, 71, 73, & 77. Praying for good weather, friendly rivalry, healthy players, and little involvement from the zebras.

17 minutes ago, catswild said:

I understand what you're doing but understand this......the media and people on Coacht mean nothing. It's all about the players and coaches from each school and I'll bet you neither group "assumes" victory over the other!

I mean nothing??? That hurts my little heart!!!! Just kidding, I know what you meant. RWR!