UC/Martin Westview combo-Really

allgoodlf

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

McMillan's mom was teaching part time at Westview and wanted a full time position and wasn't given one so pursued a job at Union City and was offered one. She now teaches at Union City so her kids go to Union City schools now to ensure they are all on the same school schedule for the year. They live between Martin and Union City. They almost went to Union City schools two years ago so Martin better be glad they had them as long as they did. It didn't involve any recruiting at all from Union City.

This happens a lot everywhere. Parents get jobs at different places all the time. Kids jump sinking ships as well. So we are ok if a coach leaves a program that is headed down but we have issues if a kid wants to be at a successful program. Just a little double standard. This transferring will never stop so people need to get used to it. I hate it when it affects my high school program as well. But crying about is not going to fix it. If you change a rule someone will find away to get around it... Oh wait isn't this how real life works.....

5 hours ago, Macnarry said:

If you think UC did not recruit those players you are naive. UC operates like a college and only lets in the players they want to keep their enrollment at the right amount.

Everyone knows what UC is doing. If she didn't have a son as talented as he is, she'd still be part time at Westview. 

7 hours ago, Macnarry said:

If you think UC did not recruit those players you are naive. UC operates like a college and only lets in the players they want to keep their enrollment at the right amount.

I am just saying all kids and parents know who are the good teams in the area. I have seen parents move their kids and a coach was not the one who approached them. I don't believe you can put it all on the Union City program. If they were happy with the situation they would have stayed. I also know when a coach leaves players and parents tend try to find a better fit. Now I do believe the try to keep numbers down in that school.

7 hours ago, Tnrazrbac10 said:

I am just saying all kids and parents know who are the good teams in the area. I have seen parents move their kids and a coach was not the one who approached them. I don't believe you can put it all on the Union City program. If they were happy with the situation they would have stayed. I also know when a coach leaves players and parents tend try to find a better fit. Now I do believe the try to keep numbers down in that school.

How do they control the numbers though? Because  non athletes move here too.