Tssaa officials shafts upper east tn in playoffs

Horn1

Horrible call on jc head coach late in ball game after a no call on a pass interferance.  In 5a. Science hill loses fumble that they recover.   Happy valley game in 2a same as jc.  All these calls deciding out come of games.  I recommend doing a mix of region refs with a top official over seeing the game from above.  Something has to be done

I was not at any of these games so I can't comment about n what happened. I will comment about something I told one of my students who just happens to be a basketball player. Before Christmas break they lost a game by 1pt. My student missed a shot at the buzzer that could have won the game. He said it was the refs' fault because he was fouled and they didn't call it. I pointed out that he also missed the first shot of the game which would have won the game as well and he was not fouled on that one. He looked very puzzled and I explained to him that he could blame the refs. Or he could realize that the team had several opportunities throughout the game that would have prevented it from coming down to the last few secs. Bottom line is the team just didn't get the job done. 

2 hours ago, Horn1 said:

Horrible call on jc head coach late in ball game after a no call on a pass interferance.  In 5a. Science hill loses fumble that they recover.   Happy valley game in 2a same as jc.  All these calls deciding out come of games.  I recommend doing a mix of region refs with a top official over seeing the game from above.  Something has to be done

Greeneville is the only team this side of Knoxville who has figured it out. Do the refs make some awful calls? Yes every game! But your team has to overcome all that and win the game.