Jump to content
  • Sky
  • Blueberry
  • Slate
  • Violet
  • Watermelon
  • Strawberry
  • Maroon
  • Orange
  • Gold
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal

Welcome to the upgraded message boards!  Please note: if you have been using a username to sign in that is different than the handle (display name) displayed on the boards, you must now sign in with either your handle (display name) or the email address associated with your account.  If you don't know what this means, then it probably doesn't affect you!

kwc

1 of the 10 Memphis area high school sports storylines to watch for 2018 (Girls Soccer)

Recommended Posts

1 of the 10 Memphis area high school sports storylines to watch for 2018 (Girls Soccer)

 

John Varlas, USA TODAY NETWORK – TennesseePublished 10:00 a.m. CT Jan. 3, 2018 | Updated 5:30 p.m. CT Jan. 3, 2018

     

Jenna Kemp returns for her senior year in 2018 as Houston looks to build off an amazing soccer season.

Jenna Kemp returns for her senior year in 2018 as Houston looks to build off an amazing soccer season. (Photo: Kris Ruaro/The Commercial Appeal)

 

Houston girls soccer

How can you make more of a mark than the Mustangs did in 2017 when they finished 25-0 while being crowned national champions by USA Today? Well, just take a look at the roster. Of the 11 players who started in the 1-0 Class AAA championship game victory over Collierville, only two were seniors.

 
 

Reach John Varlas at [email protected] or on Twitter @johnvarlas.

Edited by kwc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, kwc said:

1 of the 10 Memphis area high school sports storylines to watch for 2018 (Girls Soccer)

 

John Varlas, USA TODAY NETWORK – TennesseePublished 10:00 a.m. CT Jan. 3, 2018 | Updated 5:30 p.m. CT Jan. 3, 2018

     

Jenna Kemp returns for her senior year in 2018 as Houston looks to build off an amazing soccer season.

Jenna Kemp returns for her senior year in 2018 as Houston looks to build off an amazing soccer season. (Photo: Kris Ruaro/The Commercial Appeal)

 

Houston girls soccer

How can you make more of a mark than the Mustangs did in 2017 when they finished 25-0 while being crowned national champions by USA Today? Well, just take a look at the roster. Of the 11 players who started in the 1-0 Class AAA championship game victory over Collierville, only two were seniors.

 
 

Reach John Varlas at [email protected] or on Twitter @johnvarlas.

Know several players on that team. They all play for the Lobos team that is the third best team in TN. If Williamson county and the private schools didn't dilute the talent across 10 schools Houston would lose 10/10 times they played. Good for them though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Playerscoach said:

Know several players on that team. They all play for the Lobos team that is the third best team in TN. If Williamson county and the private schools didn't dilute the talent across 10 schools Houston would lose 10/10 times they played. Good for them though. 

Houston is one of the local/Shelby County gilrs soccer teams that is consitently in the hunt, year-in and year-out for a girls soccer tittle in AAA. They have an awesome program over there.

Dillution is the thing. Everybody wants the star players. You win with talent and coaching. It doesn't matter what would happen in the ISL (Imaginary Soccer league) of girls soccer in AAA in Tennessee. They have a dominant program. Good for them!

Edited by kwc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, kwc said:

Houston is one of the local/Shelby County gilrs soccer teams that is consitently in the hunt, year-in and year-out for a girls soccer tittle in AAA. They have an awesome program over there.

Dillution is the thing. Everybody wants the star players. You win with talent and coaching. It doesn't matter what would happen in the ISL (Imaginary Soccer league) of girls soccer in AAA in Tennessee. They have a dominant program. Good for them!

Not imaginary at all. That group in travel is one thing and they go together to school. Williamson county is still good enough to compete every year for the state championship even though the talent is diluted over several schools. I don't know of a person that knows soccer talent in TN that would disagree.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/5/2018 at 3:13 PM, Playerscoach said:

Not imaginary at all. That group in travel is one thing and they go together to school. Williamson county is still good enough to compete every year for the state championship even though the talent is diluted over several schools. I don't know of a person that knows soccer talent in TN that would disagree.  

The IFL is your continual reference to the dillution of talent in Williamson County. Forget what they do in travel leagues because this isn't the travel league ... this is high school.

Well, if you want to go play shoulda', woulda', coulda', then have at it, not that it'll do any good when high school teams meet up and play in good ole reality.

Williamson County All-Stars 20, Houston 2

That sounds about right wouldnt you say? Wait ... I gave Houston too many points!

Edited by kwc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/8/2018 at 3:45 PM, kwc said:

The IFL is your continual reference to the dillution of talent in Williamson County. Forget what they do in travel leagues because this isn't the travel league ... this is high school.

Well, if you want to go play shoulda', woulda', coulda', then have at it, not that it'll do any good when high school teams meet up and play in good ole reality.

Williamson County All-Stars 20, Houston 2

That sounds about right wouldnt you say? Wait ... I gave Houston too many points!

Haha man you consistently get bent don't you? It's funny to me. Houston benefits just like Franklin did for a decade. It's not a secret fella. Not sure why you make silly comments? Oh wait, you do it because that's what you do here. Lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Playerscoach said:

Haha man you consistently get bent don't you? It's funny to me. Houston benefits just like Franklin did for a decade. It's not a secret fella. Not sure why you make silly comments? Oh wait, you do it because that's what you do here. Lol

LOLOLOL ... Wait!

Hold the presses!

You are the one who brings up the Williamson County All-Stars, not me, and I'm the one making silly comments?

INCREDIBLE!

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!

Man, you are good for a laugh or two.

 

Edited by kwc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, kwc said:

LOLOLOL ... Wait!

Hold the presses!

You are the one who brings up the Williamson County All-Stars, not me, and I'm the one making silly comments?

INCREDIBLE!

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!

Man, you are good for a laugh or two.

 

You create drama where there is none. Its odd. I made a statement that is factual about the dilution of talent in Williamson county . I also congratulated Houston for their achievements and commented on the kids I know at Houston including the player in the photograph. Why you started all the hyperbole is beyond me?  Its just silly to do it but its clearly your MO. Neither of us likes, or respects, the other but all this drama is really unnecessary and juvenile.  

Im done trying to discuss anything with you because you take everything to an extreme every time I post. Your first reply to a post if mine was just as immature as this last one. Feel free to get your last jabs in. 

 

Edited by Playerscoach

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Playerscoach said:

You create drama where there is none. Its odd. I made a statement that is factual about the dilution of talent in Williamson county . I also congratulated Houston for their achievements and commented on the kids I know at Houston including the player in the photograph. Why you started all the hyperbole is beyond me?  Its just silly to do it but its clearly your MO. Neither of us likes, or respects, the other but all this drama is really unnecessary and juvenile.  

Im done trying to discuss anything with you because you take everything to an extreme every time I post. Your first reply to a post if mine was just as immature as this last one. Feel free to get your last jabs in. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/10/2018 at 9:47 PM, Playerscoach said:

You create drama where there is none. Its odd. I made a statement that is factual about the dilution of talent in Williamson county . I also congratulated Houston for their achievements and commented on the kids I know at Houston including the player in the photograph. Why you started all the hyperbole is beyond me?  Its just silly to do it but its clearly your MO. Neither of us likes, or respects, the other but all this drama is really unnecessary and juvenile.  

Im done trying to discuss anything with you because you take everything to an extreme every time I post. Your first reply to a post if mine was just as immature as this last one. Feel free to get your last jabs in. 

 

No it is not ODD. It doesn't matter if your statement abot the Williamson County All-Stars is factual or not. They are NOT a high school team ... yet you see fit to interject a NON-high school team (Not even a team actually) into a post about a legitimate high school team. Who cares what a group of cherry picked All-Stars would do against a high school team? What's the point of even brining that into the discussion? If you could have just congratulated Houston and left it at that, there probably wouldn't have been an issue ... but NOOOOOOOOOOOO, you can't do that can you? You have to go bring up some non-high school Williamson County All Star team, that really isn't a high school All-Star team ... but a collection of club team soccer players, at that. 

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL .... you keep me in sticthes over here!

 

Edited by kwc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wait wait wait is this the u15, u16 or u17 All Star Team...just trying to schedule them in our Knox All Stars, Nooga All Stars and Midstate All Stars tournament. (We didn't invite the Tri cities All Star Team because they were trying to claim Green Co. too :( 

 

Houston is exceptional and I'm happy those girls come together to represent their community and their school. At the Bearden Tourney they were the "best in show" for sure.

Edited by PowellBoysSoccer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×