Class AA Miss Basketball Nominations

EastTNfan20

3 minutes ago, EastTNfan20 said:

You love putting words in people's mouths. Never said any of that nor implied it. Just gonna guess you're the type of person who would leave all the starters in the whole game even if the score was 110-30. I know there are coaches who would do that. But those who have any class at all would let players on the bench have playing time in that scenario instead of giving certain players 40 points. It's a whole different story when the two teams are close and a player scores over 30 points. 

Name a few of those high class coaches who pull starters when they are 20 ahead to keep players from having better stats, or admit that you don't know what you're talking about, and just making stuff up

6 minutes ago, EastTNfan20 said:

You love putting words in people's mouths. Never said any of that nor implied it. Just gonna guess you're the type of person who would leave all the starters in the whole game even if the score was 110-30. I know there are coaches who would do that. But those who have any class at all would let players on the bench have playing time in that scenario instead of giving certain players 40 points. It's a whole different story when the two teams are close and a player scores over 30 points. 

I've never seen a coach, any coach, ever leave all starters in a game to beat somebody by 80. Tell us who that coach is also. 

13 minutes ago, EastTNfan20 said:

How do you think miss basketball should be chosen? Give it to the one who feeds the most homeless squirrels?

4 minutes ago, Mw4vols said:

I've never seen a coach, any coach, ever leave all starters in a game to beat somebody by 80. Tell us who that coach is also. 

I never said they pull the starters to keep them from having better stats. I said they pull the starters to give the other players more experience and to show some respect for the other team by not beating them by 80. And as far as you saying you've never met a coach to leave all starters in while beating a team by 80? I guess you've changed your story now. Because you're the one who said it was okay to leave the starter in the whole time because they worked for it lol. 

44 minutes ago, EastTNfan20 said:

I never said they pull the starters to keep them from having better stats. I said they pull the starters to give the other players more experience and to show some respect for the other team by not beating them by 80. And as far as you saying you've never met a coach to leave all starters in while beating a team by 80? I guess you've changed your story now. Because you're the one who said it was okay to leave the starter in the whole time because they worked for it lol. 

Not only do you not understand the game, you have no reading comprehension. Go back to your Xbox, and leave sports to athletes

3 hours ago, Mw4vols said:

So, if you or your child were playing, you would ask to be taken out of the game, or tell the coach to take your child out of the game?   I've been a part of, or around the game for close to 50 years, and I've never seen a real competitor ask to be taken out of a game. So, if you were ever a real player, I don't believe you.   There are very few teams at any level who pulls all their starters when they have a large lead.   Give us the names of the teams who pull all their starters when they're ahead by 20

Greenfield (22-1) pulls their starters when up big on opponents! They're a young team with two D1 studs that could average 25 each, but the youngsters get to play in blowouts. After the 4 seniors, they have 0 juniors, 2 sophomores,  5 freshman, and  several eighth graders. The freshman and eighth graders have played entire 4th quarters in blowouts. Coach knows that nothing beats game experience for young players.

• Like 1

I don't know who this person is talking about on letting players keep scoring and staying in games but if they haven't watch them play they need to get facts straight. Ive seen Gracee Dishman play several times and she had 28 several times before halftime and most of her games ive seen she plays half the game so she could score 50 plus points in most games. Against Haywood she went out of game with six minutes left and had 44 points and never played again. So get you facts straight about teams and players before you comment. If I'm right Cumberland county has o seniors and 5  juniors and 3 sophomores and  the rest are freshman on the team and everybody always plays in blowouts. Ive seen clarkrange play too and there young too and there like Cumberland county there young girls can score too. Look at both of these schools schedules and come and watch and you can see for yourself and go watch Dishman she scores big against great teams too. She could average 50 if the coach left her in all the time like you think she does. Come watch and you will see.

17 minutes ago, uconnfan said:

I don't know who this person is talking about on letting players keep scoring and staying in games but if they haven't watch them play they need to get facts straight. Ive seen Gracee Dishman play several times and she had 28 several times before halftime and most of her games ive seen she plays half the game so she could score 50 plus points in most games. Against Haywood she went out of game with six minutes left and had 44 points and never played again. So get you facts straight about teams and players before you comment. If I'm right Cumberland county has o seniors and 5  juniors and 3 sophomores and  the rest are freshman on the team and everybody always plays in blowouts. Ive seen clarkrange play too and there young too and there like Cumberland county there young girls can score too. Look at both of these schools schedules and come and watch and you can see for yourself and go watch Dishman she scores big against great teams too. She could average 50 if the coach left her in all the time like you think she does. Come watch and you will see.

If I'm not badly mistaken the individual who made these comments is a CCHS fan, at least I've seen multiple posts where he beats the Jets drum.

Stupid in every way to play starters late in blowouts.  No upside to either team, with much greater risk to the team performing the beatdown.

Also, nothing wrong with being an honorable winner.

2 hours ago, tnhoosier said:

If I'm not badly mistaken the individual who made these comments is a CCHS fan, at least I've seen multiple posts where he beats the Jets drum.

Stupid in every way to play starters late in blowouts.  No upside to either team, with much greater risk to the team performing the beatdown.

Also, nothing wrong with being an honorable winner.

I am a fan of Cumberland county, and I won't let some hack run down my coach or players because they score more points than their team.  Coach Miller has never run the score up on anybody, even though there are some I wish she would.  She doesn't do wholesale substitutions. There is always a starter or two in the game with the younger girls, so they can get experience with the better players, instead of just being thrown in there to run around for 5 minutes. Gracee Dishman is as graceful off the floor as she is fierce on the floor. You will never see her argue with a referee, throw a ball or tantrum, never taunt a  player or opposing fan, never take a cheap shot, and will never call attention to herself, but she will score, and score a lot.  So, if you don't like her or coach Miller, it's because they just beat your team

4 minutes ago, Mw4vols said:

I am a fan of Cumberland county, and I won't let some hack run down my coach or players because they score more points than their team.  Coach Miller has never run the score up on anybody, even though there are some I wish she would.  She doesn't do wholesale substitutions. There is always a starter or two in the game with the younger girls, so they can get experience with the better players, instead of just being thrown in there to run around for 5 minutes. Gracee Dishman is as graceful off the floor as she is fierce on the floor. You will never see her argue with a referee, throw a ball or tantrum, never taunt a  player or opposing fan, never take a cheap shot, and will never call attention to herself, but she will score, and score a lot.  So, if you don't like her or coach Miller, it's because they just beat your team

Relax, take a deep breath.  I happen to think CCHS is the best team in AA.  I didn't say the Coach runs the score up on anyone.  They beat us handily twice.  I thought Radhika handled it well and never tried to run the score up to get anyone their stats.  All the players were all respectful to our kids.  CCHS has a great program.

All I said was you were the one who seems to advocate leaving the best players on the floor for 32 minutes when it isn't necessary.

3 most deserving players are definitely Dishman, Levy and Lamb.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, tnhoosier said:

Relax, take a deep breath.  I happen to think CCHS is the best team in AA.  I didn't say the Coach runs the score up on anyone.  They beat us handily twice.  I thought Radhika handled it well and never tried to run the score up to get anyone their stats.  All the players were all respectful to our kids.  CCHS has a great program.

All I said was you were the one who seems to advocate leaving the best players on the floor for 32 minutes when it isn't necessary.

3 most deserving players are definitely Dishman, Levy and Lamb.

Would you mind pointing out the post where I said a coach should leave players in the whole game?