Class AA Miss Basketball Nominations

EastTNfan20

21 hours ago, uconnfan said:

I heard Gracee Dishman had 48 last night against Bledsoe County. That seems pretty strong for Miss Basketball nomination. They said the game was a good game and wasn't a blow out. Dishman  is right at 1900 points for her career with another year left.

Wow! According to the scores Bledsoe Co. as a team only had 47.

23 minutes ago, Mw4vols said:

Shutes and Dishman faced each other earlier in the year. Shutes scored 17.  Dishman scored 44, Haywood lost 88-35. Those  2 are no contest. 

This just shows that Dishman had lots of good help defenders. She can't guard Shutes one on one ( that's no contest ). EVERYONE knows that Haywood has alot of underdeveloped players around Shutes. Teams can double and even triple her and not worry much about her supporting cast putting up numbers. One kid plays on a top team and the other kid IS THE TEAM. Your example is seriously flawed. 

51 minutes ago, cradle2thegravelakersfan said:

This just shows that Dishman had lots of good help defenders. She can't guard Shutes one on one ( that's no contest ). EVERYONE knows that Haywood has alot of underdeveloped players around Shutes. Teams can double and even triple her and not worry much about her supporting cast putting up numbers. One kid plays on a top team and the other kid IS THE TEAM. Your example is seriously flawed. 

I was at the game. There's no comparison. shutes couldn't stop Dishman.  Not the other way around. Dishman  is doubled and tripled every night.  And dishman can play at both ends of the floor, and brings other players up to her level. I couldn't imagine a miss basketball winner coming from a .500 team. 

5 hours ago, Mw4vols said:

Dishman and Lamb has played against much better competition than Levy.  So, I believe the competition should come down to those two. The only thing left is to decide which is more important to their teams success. 

Levy is an amazing player and near unstoppable.   Upperman is a great team.  They beat Bledsoe County by 40-50 points.    Kaia Upton from East Nashville is very good as well.  Shawnta Shaw from Pearl Cohn is also very well.  My point is there  are many more talented players than just Lamb and Dishman.  

5 hours ago, Mw4vols said:

Dishman and Lamb has played against much better competition than Levy.  So, I believe the competition should come down to those two. The only thing left is to decide which is more important to their teams success. 

The only ranked team levy has played against is Macon co, and that game was close.  Until the other players teams start scheduling decent non district teams, the only deserving players are Dishman and lamb. They have proven that they can play at the higher level against the best teams in the state. 

14 minutes ago, Mw4vols said:

The only ranked team levy has played against is Macon co, and that game was close.  Until the other players teams start scheduling decent non district teams, the only deserving players are Dishman and lamb. They have proven that they can play at the higher level against the best teams in the state. 

Upperman beat Bledsoe by 40 and 50.  Cumberland beat them by less than 20.  They must be doing something right.  

13 minutes ago, Mw4vols said:

If you think Levy can't play and be the best player on the floor against the best AA teams in the state, You either haven't seen her play or know very little about girls HS basketball!