District 10A Tournament

The Consultant

8 hours ago, Raiderforlife said:

The Consultant...never got reply so let me add a little more.  

#1 you said Facilities and fundraising - You say go out and raise it...How can PUBLIC schools like Richland, Mt Pleasant, Santa Fe, Culleoka, Summertown, Hampshire, Frank Hughes raise the money that a school like CA can...They don't have an "ANDERSON" to build a 5-10 million dollar facility.  Heck most of these schools don't have a too many "major" businesses in their immediate area, let alone people who have money to give to build a big huge gym.  As far as fundraising, most of them do plenty of it, most of them hit up the same small group of people, who live in communities that have the majority of their students on "free lunch programs" so their kids can get a decent meal.  I would love to see the last time a kid at CA didn't have electricity in their house, or a hole in the roof, or multiple mattresses on the floor in one room to sleep on because they had more than one family in the same house because they couldn't afford it, etc.  (I know not all kids are like this, but even if 25% of public school kids were in this situation, how can you even as a "Christian" school think the playing fields are even?)

#2 you said AAU and camps - How many AAU teams played in the old gym?  How many AAU teams would want to go to travel to Richland, Santa Fe, Culleoka, Summertown, Hampshire, Frank Hughes, to practice and use those facilities compared to using CA's in the middle of a pretty good size town?  Granted some of your public coaches are lazy and wouldn't do it, but a lot of your small public schools don't even have full coaching staffs (Can't find enough coaches on staff to give stipends to, because those schools hire teachers that fit what they need or have open, not hire a coach and then let him teach Bible, PE, etc...if he even teaches at a private school)

#3 you said Natural Rivals that are close...here are some locations and teams you played 

Football - Non Region (Nashville Christian, Lipscomb, FRA, and Spring Hill - 3 of 4 private)

Basketball - (Middle Tn Ch, FRA, Grace, Goodpasture, Ezell, Madison Academy (AL), Lipscomb, Franklin Christian, Lighthouse Christian, Nashville Central Christian, Riverside Christian - 25 games and 13 Private and 12 Public - till tournament time)

Baseball - Playing (Grace, BGA, Nash Ch, Mid TN Ch, Davidson Academy, Friendship, Donelson, Goodpasture and then Loretto, Summertown, Spring Hill, Lewis, Waverly, Cascade)

If you Honestly look at it from these stand points, there is NO WAY a small public like the ones I mentioned at the beginning can compete year in year out with CA now.  (They could maybe to some extreme BEFORE when CA enrollment was more like Zions, or before CA facilities became more of the typical private school facilities, etc.)  Heck 10 to 15 years ago CA had never won a football region, and then all of a sudden, they start going DEEP into the A play-offs then the AA-play-offs.  In Basketball they had a good year or two, but all of a sudden they are winning region and district Championships year after year, same for baseball, softball, tennis, boys and girls soccer. 

If you believe it is equal between public and private schools and it's just because your kids work harder, then PLEASE explain how you do it...we want to model it at our small PUBLIC school.  (Heck I might even sell the formula to other public schools in the US and make enough for our little public school to build a new stadium/gym like CA has...)  

# 1 All I gathered is now it's CA fault that a public schools student and family has no money? I didn't mean build gyms but fundraise to upgrade what public schools already have. Update Uniforms, upgrade weight rooms, raise money to send teams to strength and conditioning training like at Game Time Sports in the off season. 

# 2 You said it best most public school coaches are lazy. So lazy they won't allow AAU teams to use the gym. Or AAU directors to use gym for tournaments. Again that could be another fundraiser. For the most part the small public schools hire terrible coaches. 

# 3 Most those teams scheduled are being played bc the county rivals are too scared to schedule CA. Football played their Region. 

What it boils down to is CA made a commitment to improve athletics across the board by hiring quality coaches, admin, AD, upgrading to nice uniforms, nice facilities, etc... Boys basketball trained at Game Time during off season. The coaches, players, admin, AD, parents etc are committed to being good! All other schools age not as committed and want everything handed to them.

The formula is this... Maury County Board is Education needs to dig deep into each Schools athlethic department. Start with the admin and AD. Then look into thr cosches. For example one of the small public schools has had the same AD for 10-15 years. That school has been below average or completely terrible in all sports minus golf but that was due to a select few individual golfers. Regardless the teams are wearing same uniforms 5-6 years, student sections aren't allowed to cheer and teams are terrible. It's time for that AD to be relieved of his duties.

Edited by The Consultant

2 hours ago, karl98 said:

Well said!! Consultant is still in this fantasy world where he feels district teams are all equal. Columbia Academy just outworks everyone year in and year out. The other district teams just aren't willing to put in the time and effort. Put Goodpasture, Cpa, FRA, and Father Ryan in their district and watch CA whine. This all comes down to winning!! Let's get real!

Karl98 will agree with anyone who disagrees with me. I bet if someone on here told him Pig Poop was good to eat he would eat 2 bowls. 

You're right CA does out work all the other schools and the other schools don't put in the time. 

I think with the Pubs it`s really hard to keep a good coach. All good coaches are looking to get to the private level (Division 2 AA paying over $100,000 to most football coaches) or looking for the better job at a larger public to come open. I just wonder what the level of payment at CA is compared to the local schools in Maury County?

I do know my daughter was a starter as a freshman on her high school basketball team (at one of the bigger high schools in Maury county, none on CA`s schedule) and refused to play her next three years of ball.
Why? Poor coaching. Really a nice person (the coach), but no winning attitude. This falls into needing a teacher to fill a slot that wasn`t qualified to coach.
Weather CA is recruting or not if there is good coaching for a program the athletes will always show up.

I wonder how many good athletes might be walking the halls instead of playing ball at these other schools.

By the way, does CA allow students the chance to work to help pay for their tuition? I think Division 2 allows this.

And don`t eat pig poop, I don`t know first hand but my dogs tell me it`s not that good, and they are experts.:D

Edited by LastBallerStanding
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, The Consultant said:

Karl98 will agree with anyone who disagrees with me. I bet if someone on here told him Pig Poop was good to eat he would eat 2 bowls. 

You're right CA does out work all the other schools and the other schools don't put in the time. 

Columbia Academy should be proud of your childish comments. Are u on the payroll?

5 hours ago, karl98 said:

Columbia Academy should be proud of your childish comments. Are u on the payroll?

Childish? It's a metaphor and I'm being serious. You agree with everyone that disagrees with me. 

Again I never said I had any affiliation with CA. I'm just more realistic have no respect for MCPS systems allowing the schools to teach there players to not better themselves by avoiding better competition. 

16 minutes ago, The Consultant said:

Childish? It's a metaphor and I'm being serious. You agree with everyone that disagrees with me. 

Again I never said I had any affiliation with CA. I'm just more realistic have no respect for MCPS systems allowing the schools to teach there players to not better themselves by avoiding better competition. 

Pot meet kettle. CA has done everything they can to avoid better competition.

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, mumbletypeg said:

Pot meet kettle. CA has done everything they can to avoid better competition.

That is crazy! CA playing 2A Football beating much bigger schools. CA scheduled much bigger schools in basketball. Check out their up coming baseball schedule playing 3A tournaments. Geez... people. Staying Class A for them is not about avoiding competition. 

"Staying Class A for them is not about avoiding competition."  Then what exactly is it about?  Just curious as to why they choose to stay D1 and not go to D2.  I would just like for someone to explain it to me, because I just don't get the justification. 

Oh and CA playing 2A Football and beating much bigger schools is what we are talking about.  You just mentioned it, so I will go with it.  Geez...The Consultant.  If you can beat all these 2A schools in football, and play all these 3A schools in baseball, how honestly do you expect these smaller MC schools that have chosen to boycott you to compete with you?  MTP, Culleoka, Hampshire, etc.  (I will guarantee you they couldn't beat them, heck several of them aren't even big enough to have a football program.)  Yet you say work harder...you can train a mule or donkey all you want, with the best equipment, the best trainer, etc...but bottom line he will NEVER win the Kentucky Derby...You would have to get a stud horse to win it...AKA - Columbia Academy.  (The kids they can draw in to the school from the entire area)  They can "recruit" stud horses, or attract stud horses with their facilities, money, etc.  I'm not saying they actually recruit like colleges do, I'm just saying they are able to attract a difference maker that a public school would just have to pretty much luck in to because his parents relocate.  They don't have to play with the mule or donkeys their small schools have walking the hallways. 

On 3/5/2018 at 2:21 PM, Raiderforlife said:

The Consultant...never got reply so let me add a little more.  

#1 you said Facilities and fundraising - You say go out and raise it...How can PUBLIC schools like Richland, Mt Pleasant, Santa Fe, Culleoka, Summertown, Hampshire, Frank Hughes raise the money that a school like CA can...They don't have an "ANDERSON" to build a 5-10 million dollar facility.  Heck most of these schools don't have a too many "major" businesses in their immediate area, let alone people who have money to give to build a big huge gym.  As far as fundraising, most of them do plenty of it, most of them hit up the same small group of people, who live in communities that have the majority of their students on "free lunch programs" so their kids can get a decent meal.  I would love to see the last time a kid at CA didn't have electricity in their house, or a hole in the roof, or multiple mattresses on the floor in one room to sleep on because they had more than one family in the same house because they couldn't afford it, etc.  (I know not all kids are like this, but even if 25% of public school kids were in this situation, how can you even as a "Christian" school think the playing fields are even?)

#2 you said AAU and camps - How many AAU teams played in the old gym?  How many AAU teams would want to go to travel to Richland, Santa Fe, Culleoka, Summertown, Hampshire, Frank Hughes, to practice and use those facilities compared to using CA's in the middle of a pretty good size town?  Granted some of your public coaches are lazy and wouldn't do it, but a lot of your small public schools don't even have full coaching staffs (Can't find enough coaches on staff to give stipends to, because those schools hire teachers that fit what they need or have open, not hire a coach and then let him teach Bible, PE, etc...if he even teaches at a private school)

#3 you said Natural Rivals that are close...here are some locations and teams you played 

Football - Non Region (Nashville Christian, Lipscomb, FRA, and Spring Hill - 3 of 4 private)

Basketball - (Middle Tn Ch, FRA, Grace, Goodpasture, Ezell, Madison Academy (AL), Lipscomb, Franklin Christian, Lighthouse Christian, Nashville Central Christian, Riverside Christian - 25 games and 13 Private and 12 Public - till tournament time)

Baseball - Playing (Grace, BGA, Nash Ch, Mid TN Ch, Davidson Academy, Friendship, Donelson, Goodpasture and then Loretto, Summertown, Spring Hill, Lewis, Waverly, Cascade)

If you Honestly look at it from these stand points, there is NO WAY a small public like the ones I mentioned at the beginning can compete year in year out with CA now.  (They could maybe to some extreme BEFORE when CA enrollment was more like Zions, or before CA facilities became more of the typical private school facilities, etc.)  Heck 10 to 15 years ago CA had never won a football region, and then all of a sudden, they start going DEEP into the A play-offs then the AA-play-offs.  In Basketball they had a good year or two, but all of a sudden they are winning region and district Championships year after year, same for baseball, softball, tennis, boys and girls soccer. 

If you believe it is equal between public and private schools and it's just because your kids work harder, then PLEASE explain how you do it...we want to model it at our small PUBLIC school.  (Heck I might even sell the formula to other public schools in the US and make enough for our little public school to build a new stadium/gym like CA has...)  

Check with Summertown, they have a formula

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Raiderforlife said:

"Staying Class A for them is not about avoiding competition."  Then what exactly is it about?  Just curious as to why they choose to stay D1 and not go to D2.  I would just like for someone to explain it to me, because I just don't get the justification. 

Oh and CA playing 2A Football and beating much bigger schools is what we are talking about.  You just mentioned it, so I will go with it.  Geez...The Consultant.  If you can beat all these 2A schools in football, and play all these 3A schools in baseball, how honestly do you expect these smaller MC schools that have chosen to boycott you to compete with you?  MTP, Culleoka, Hampshire, etc.  (I will guarantee you they couldn't beat them, heck several of them aren't even big enough to have a football program.)  Yet you say work harder...you can train a mule or donkey all you want, with the best equipment, the best trainer, etc...but bottom line he will NEVER win the Kentucky Derby...You would have to get a stud horse to win it...AKA - Columbia Academy.  (The kids they can draw in to the school from the entire area)  They can "recruit" stud horses, or attract stud horses with their facilities, money, etc.  I'm not saying they actually recruit like colleges do, I'm just saying they are able to attract a difference maker that a public school would just have to pretty much luck in to because his parents relocate.  They don't have to play with the mule or donkeys their small schools have walking the hallways. 

Again it's not CA's fault the other schools can't beat 3A schools. . It's not CA's fault that the other schools are not good at sports. It's that schools fault. Perfect... ask yourself why is there such a drop off at Mt. Pleasant? The football teams and baseball teams were great at one time. I believe the baseball team was runner up in the state 3 times. What has happened? I guess it's CA's fault. Summertown is always good or very competitive. Why can't the small Maury Schools do the same? Bc they don't want it bad enough... they want things handed to them.

Edited by The Consultant