Upset of the year Clay beats Clarkrange

UCSportsFan

4 hours ago, UCSportsFan said:

You gotta love it when someone gets on here under a fictitious name and starts bad mouthing one of the best coaches in the history of girls basketball in the state of Tennessee.  What a joke 

Just in case you didn't read my prior post, I was not bad mouthing Lamar. It was really meant to be a back handed compliment in response to "hohmaster's"  post. I consider Lamar to be the premier coach in the Upper Cumberland! Read the last post on page two!

Edited by rabbitranch

4 hours ago, buffan62 said:

Lamar has been at the state tournament for years and your whining comment is a little ridiculous when that will be the only time you can find him saying any thing negative about officiating or about anything else.  I have known the man for over 40 years and you just don't get negative comments about anyone from him .  That game was pitiful and if you don't think a foul call at the right time can't lose you a game when teams are closely matched you haven't watched enough.  He is still one of  the top coaches and his record speaks for itself.

I was at that game and don't agree with you that the officiating was pitiful. I don't know hhmaster but I agree with him that Meigs was much quicker. Clarkrange started doing a lot of reaching in the second half when they were winded. And of course they were fouling a lot in the last couple of minutes.
I don't know much about Lamar, but he's obviously a very good coach and has been very successful.  There were some fans from other schools there that knew Lamar and they didn't think much of him.  Possibly jealous?  I did think it was a little classless for him to say what he did after losing to Meigs, but his team was supposed to blow out everybody that year so he probably spoke out of frustration.  I heard he and the school was admonished and fined by the TSSAA.

9 minutes ago, blitzinbuc said:

I was at that game and don't agree with you that the officiating was pitiful. I don't know hhmaster but I agree with him that Meigs was much quicker. Clarkrange started doing a lot of reaching in the second half when they were winded. And of course they were fouling a lot in the last couple of minutes.
I don't know much about Lamar, but he's obviously a very good coach and has been very successful.  There were some fans from other schools there that knew Lamar and they didn't think much of him.  Possibly jealous?  I did think it was a little classless for him to say what he did after losing to Meigs, but his team was supposed to blow out everybody that year so he probably spoke out of frustration.  I heard he and the school was admonished and fined by the TSSAA.

I was at that game. Clarkrange offense was a pick and roll about foul line extended .the pick player which was Cooper and Meadows shaver ,prematurely breakun off and gettin called on it. When u get to the glass house that is one of the calls that mostly all year u get away with gets called. Lamar I think has all kinds of records and no telling how many young ladies he has coached thru the years. One word "legend".

17 hours ago, rabbitranch said:

Just in case you didn't read my prior post, I was not bad mouthing Lamar. It was really meant to be a back handed compliment in response to "hohmaster's"  post. I consider Lamar to be the premier coach in the Upper Cumberland! Read the last post on page two!

I was agreeing with you about the hohchiming post lol

13 hours ago, tnhoosier said:

AA (some years AAA) talent pool + A competition = a lot of wins.

Not blaming him, but if York and a couple  surrounding counties could keep the players where they geographically should've went, he don't have a bunch of those W's.

Not a criticism, just a fact.

You do realize how remote Clarkrange is do you not?  How about instead of your logic we look at it like this ... if he was coaching in let’s say Murfreesboro.... he’d have how many state championships?? 15-20?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, UCSportsFan said:

You do realize how remote Clarkrange is do you not?  How about instead of your logic we look at it like this ... if he was coaching in let’s say Murfreesboro.... he’d have how many state championships?? 15-20?

Well aware how remote Clarkrange is, I live in Fentress Co.  Which makes my point that if he coached only kids from that area he would have a lot less W's.

More likely, if he coached in Murfreesboro the number of titles would most probably be considerably less than he has.

1 hour ago, tnhoosier said:

Well aware how remote Clarkrange is, I live in Fentress Co.  Which makes my point that if he coached only kids from that area he would have a lot less W's.

More likely, if he coached in Murfreesboro the number of titles would most probably be considerably less than he has.

Negative the man can coach so it stands to reason if he had more talent coming in year in and year out he’d have more titles.  I know there’s no love loss between York and Clarkrange when it comes to girls and boys high school basketball. You can’t blame parents for wanting their kids to play for a winning program especially if it’s in the County they live in.  You’re speaking hypothetically according to your beliefs and so am I.