2018 Mock GC Finals

Bump11

First I just want to say thank you to everyone who has participated to make this thing fun. In the wise words of Kevin Durant, you da real MVP!

Now for the fun part. We have made it to the finals. There were 3 matchups literally decided by 1 single vote and another decided by 2 or 3. Out of those 3 decided by 1 vote, 2 of them were the 2, 113 semis. The other being a 132 semi between Bowers and Brown. I expect some finals to be just as close. Head on over and vote!! Voting will remain open through Saturday morning

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, Bump11 said:

I’m also thinking of doing a p4p list based on total votes throughout the tournament. The only negative I think would be that some people vote for some matchups but not for others. If you have any suggestions, throw them at me!

Just a thought,...because I only voted on the kids that I actually was familiar with....and had a strong opinion.

you could take all 14 winners....and seed them based on total votes....then bracket them. The top two vote getters could get a bye into quarters.

maybe?

21 hours ago, Twofdr said:

Just a thought,...because I only voted on the kids that I actually was familiar with....and had a strong opinion.

you could take all 14 winners....and seed them based on total votes....then bracket them. The top two vote getters could get a bye into quarters.

maybe?

I was thinking of taking the 14 winners, and then the next 2 highest vote getters to make a 16 man bracket. Or, if you all like bigger tournaments, the 14 winners and the next 18 highest vote getters for a 32 man bracket. I like 16, but as always, I am open to any and all suggestions!

56 minutes ago, Bump11 said:

Also it looks like some people are flooding the votes for Diehl. Y’all don’t really think he beats Mason do you?

I was wondering the same thing. Nothing against Diehl but he doesn’t beat Reiniche. Mason’s my #1 P4P in the state. 

3 minutes ago, hawks11 said:

I was wondering the same thing. Nothing against Diehl but he doesn’t beat Reiniche. Mason’s my #1 P4P in the state. 

Anytime that someone has an opportunity to become a paper tiger champion they will take advantage of the situation.  

Me and my two boys voted for Diehl. We have seen him wrestle several times this season and he’s one solid wrestler. I’ve seen Reiniche wrestle twice. He’s also very talented-there’s a lot of well deserved hype that follows him.  But in my opinion, if anyone could take down Reiniche, Diehl would be the one to do it. Not voting against Renieche just pulling for Diehl. 

7 minutes ago, Bluestreak19 said:

Me and my two boys voted for Diehl. We have seen him wrestle several times this season and he’s one solid wrestler. I’ve seen Reiniche wrestle twice. He’s also very talented-there’s a lot of well deserved hype that follows him.  But in my opinion, if anyone could take down Reiniche, Diehl would be the one to do it. Not voting against Renieche just pulling for Diehl. 

Definitely understandable. It just with a 30 vote lead over one of the best in the country, seems a bit off. Makes it look like lots of homers are just flooding it with votes. Diehl is very good, but I don’t see anyone in Tennessee beating Mason. Maybe Brackett or Whitworth or River or Kramer p4p could give him a run, but those are also nationally recognized guys so 

That might be the case. Or it could be there are people out there just pulling for him. Was talking to one of the parents at the PF tournament. They said Diehl was the hardest working kid in the room. Straight A student. Exceptional kid on and off the mat. Doesn’t sound like he’s the type to be a paper tiger champion to me. 

2 hours ago, Bluestreak19 said:

That might be the case. Or it could be there are people out there just pulling for him. Was talking to one of the parents at the PF tournament. They said Diehl was the hardest working kid in the room. Straight A student. Exceptional kid on and off the mat. Doesn’t sound like he’s the type to be a paper tiger champion to me. 

With all due respect, in my mind there’s nobody on masons level at 160, and maybe only 1 or 2 overall in the state. I’d have to see someone else beat him to even begin to think otherwise.