Region 7 2A aka sloberknockers region

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Last go around for TCA in Region 7-2A in 2018 with the TSSAA mandated move to Division 2.  I would love to see a couple of 7-2A opponents remain on the TCA schedule in 2019 and beyond.  We have developed some good rivalries over the years and I would like to see them remain as they would be good for both teams in preparation for tournament time and they would be good gates for both schools as well.  

On 3/16/2018 at 2:44 PM, BigEdMo said:

You know the knowns. Peabobody state champs next 2 years. 

I feel we have more unknowns actually,okay the skill players yep loaded!3 running backs that can start on about any team!We lost every starting lineman except a couple!So while I would love to say we will walk to a Gold Ball the size of A Adamsville or Union City team might be our Kryptonite!!!!

16 hours ago, BigEdMo said:

Oh I know  But don’t count out little ole TCA for their last year in DI. Maybe we can tick off a couple of you guys off. 

Never can count a team with the Heart, strength of coaching and the strong parental base of TCA!!It will be a fun year for sure!I am gonna have to come watch a game or two over there with y'all!!!

Edited by peabodypride

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Probably the toughest region in the 2A classifcation. With that being said...

1) Union City

2) Peabody

3) Adamsville

4) McKenzie

5) TCA

6) Halls

7) Gibson County 

This is just a little something to get some debate going. My 1-3 picks I think have a pretty good chance of being correct. 4-7 can be a toss up. 

3 hours ago, BigEdMo said:

1) Peabody

2) Union City

3) TCA

4) Adamsvile

5) Mckenzie

6) Halls

7) Gibson Co. 

Peabody can definitely be the team that comes out on top of this region. My only concern is the Tide replacing a few big guys up front. Union City is always so consistent year in & year out. That’s why I think they’re usually safe to bet on. I’ll be eager for the Peabody & UC match up this year