Rhea County 2018

QB14

Saw on Twitter that Rhea County players have been camping this weekend with two Linemen (Colton Edwards and Payton Dugger) going to UT-Martin and FB/LB Chandler Kaylor, QB/S Zack Pemberton, and RB/S Aulbrey Smith taking in the new offense right from the source in Atlanta at Georgia Tech. Wouldn't be surprised if interest came out of it for at least two of the five from the colleges they camped with. 

8 minutes ago, QB14 said:

Saw on Twitter that Rhea County players have been camping this weekend with two Linemen (Colton Edwards and Payton Dugger) going to UT-Martin and FB/LB Chandler Kaylor, QB/S Zack Pemberton, and RB/S Aulbrey Smith taking in the new offense right from the source in Atlanta at Georgia Tech. Wouldn't be surprised if interest came out of it for at least two of the five from the colleges they camped with. 

Awesome news.

• 2 weeks later...
41 minutes ago, Eagle4life55 said:

I saw on Twitter the Jr. QB at Meigs that played middle school here got a scholarship offer from Tennessee Tech. Sure wish we hadn't lost him.

Tech is his second offer. He picked up one from UTC, but deleted the tweet right afterwards. He is also catching some interest from some SEC and ACC programs as he has already been to Georgia, Mississippi State, Louisville, and Arkansas to throw for their coaches. He is really in the best case for him right now as the offense at Meigs takes advantage of his arm and mobility. Our system does not rely too much on the passing game, so it makes it more difficult for kids to get looks at QB, and, with the depth at the spot, he would've kept his middle school position of RB. I hate to see a kid who played for Rhea Middle not wearing the green and gold, but it is what it is, and he is in a much better situation than he would be with us. 

7 hours ago, QB14 said:

Tech is his second offer. He picked up one from UTC, but deleted the tweet right afterwards. He is also catching some interest from some SEC and ACC programs as he has already been to Georgia, Mississippi State, Louisville, and Arkansas to throw for their coaches. He is really in the best case for him right now as the offense at Meigs takes advantage of his arm and mobility. Our system does not rely too much on the passing game, so it makes it more difficult for kids to get looks at QB, and, with the depth at the spot, he would've kept his middle school position of RB. I hate to see a kid who played for Rhea Middle not wearing the green and gold, but it is what it is, and he is in a much better situation than he would be with us. 

I'm hearing Arkansas and Georgia's interest in him (at this point) is on defense. He is truly an exceptional athlete and he is going to make an impact wherever he's at on the field. 

1 hour ago, RCfan said:

I'm hearing Arkansas and Georgia's interest in him (at this point) is on defense. He is truly an exceptional athlete and he is going to make an impact wherever he's at on the field. 

As long as he stays healthy these next two seasons, I see him being one of the 2020 class's best athletes. If he is already garnering interest and offers from D1 schools as a rising junior playing in an area lightly/rarely recruited by the big schools, his list of suitors will only continue to grow in number and level of competition. He might never play a down of his high school ball in Evensville, but he is making his hometown proud with his talent and achievements, and I have no doubt Eagle faithful will cheer him on the whole way. I do agree, though, that it hurts not seeing him play for the Eagles, but I understand why he left and wish him nothing but the best.

Meigs only graduated 2 starters as well. Should be hard to beat with what they have returning. Not saying they will win it as you never know, but they would be a team i definitely wouldn't look past. The qb really is a special player to watch. 10-2 as freshman starting qb. 12-1 as a sophomore same position. Anymore mr football finalist you wanna send our way due to depth over abundance just let us know. :ph34r:   :twisted:

Edited by Imthayeti

Boy, from the sound of this board, I guess we just have a bunch of flunkies...  That's pretty much garbage!  I know these young men, and they are definitely being overlooked, and talked down... it's alright.  I will be there... I will stand up for them... GOLDEN EAGLES!

7 hours ago, ADS1 said:

Boy, from the sound of this board, I guess we just have a bunch of flunkies...  That's pretty much garbage!  I know these young men, and they are definitely being overlooked, and talked down... it's alright.  I will be there... I will stand up for them... GOLDEN EAGLES!

I don't understand what you mean by being talked down on this board? I guarantee you that almost every poster on here will at least be at every home game cheering on the Eagles, wish nothing but the best for these boys, and probably either know or are related to current players. The boys have worked their rear ends off over the off-season, and, as I have mentioned multiple times, have been super impressive at camps across the state and region. I have given them nothing but total support and praise for what they have done, and have not seen any down talking on here as far as I'm concerned, so I'm at a loss as to what you mean...

16 hours ago, ADS1 said:

https://www.scouttrout.com/2020qbrankings.html

If referring to me friend, I was stating what an athlete we got from you guys. Whatever the reason he came to Meigs we are glad to have him. It's obvious you have talent at your school with the kids. And I did poke a little about him not playing QB for you I guess, but it was stated that he couldn't play QB for you guys that he would have to play RB. If you have that kinda depth at QB I'd really like to see who would have beaten him out of the position is all. Would have been an extremely talented individual. Anyhow have a blessed day gentlemen. If I offended that wasn't my intention.

On 6/21/2018 at 1:12 PM, QB14 said:

This is the text to which I was referring.