Adidas Nationals

MemphisTiger14

I just got around to watching the Adidas Nationals from this past weekend, so I thought I would update everyone on how the TN kids did (considering most people were probably watching Flo Nats or the Masters). Some of the kids registered under their hometown, so I don't have a school to list for them. Apologies if I missed anyone.

9th Grade

Hayden Baudoin, Arlington- 6th at 133

Adam Milton, Arlington- 4th at 192

Hunter Parks, Tullahoma- 6th at 163

10th Grade

Mason Hull, Arlington- 7th at 163

Joshua Reick, Independence- 4th at 148

Brian Nelms, Tullahoma- 7th at 192

11th Grade

Justin Donahue, Arlington- 7th at 138

Austin Antlciffe, Arlington- 2nd at 174

Robert White, Nashville (?) - 7th at 174 

12th Grade

Brendan Jarvis, Knoxville (?) - 2nd Place at 138

William Parish, Knoxville (?) - 4th at 143

From what I can tell, the brackets get smaller at this tournament every year. Especially in the younger divisions. Some of the kids from other states looked tough based on what I saw in the match videos, but it's frustrating that they can't fill some of the weights. They should think about splitting it into two divisions: 9th/10th and 11th/12th. A date change might also help. Anyway, congrats to all of the Adidas Nationals AA's from TN.

On ‎4‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 10:46 AM, MemphisTiger14 said:

I just got around to watching the Adidas Nationals from this past weekend, so I thought I would update everyone on how the TN kids did (considering most people were probably watching Flo Nats or the Masters). Some of the kids registered under their hometown, so I don't have a school to list for them. Apologies if I missed anyone.

9th Grade

Hayden Baudoin, Arlington- 6th at 133

Adam Milton, Arlington- 4th at 192

Hunter Parks, Tullahoma- 6th at 163

10th Grade

Mason Hull, Arlington- 7th at 163

Joshua Reick, Independence- 4th at 148

Brian Nelms, Tullahoma- 7th at 192

11th Grade

Justin Donahue, Arlington- 7th at 138

Austin Antlciffe, Arlington- 2nd at 174

Robert White, Nashville (?) - 7th at 174 

12th Grade

Brendan Jarvis, Knoxville (?) - 2nd Place at 138

William Parish, Knoxville (?) - 4th at 143

From what I can tell, the brackets get smaller at this tournament every year. Especially in the younger divisions. Some of the kids from other states looked tough based on what I saw in the match videos, but it's frustrating that they can't fill some of the weights. They should think about splitting it into two divisions: 9th/10th and 11th/12th. A date change might also help. Anyway, congrats to all of the Adidas Nationals AA's from TN.

It doesn't help their all around numbers that its the same weekend as FloNationals

1 hour ago, WrestlingGod said:

It doesn't help their all around numbers that its the same weekend as FloNationals

It's all about the money!  Everyone is trying to cash in and make money off the backs of the wrestlers and their families.  NHSCA began having a folkstyle senior national tournament many years ago and when everyone noticed how successful Bob Ferraro was they decided they wanted a piece of the pie.  The only thing that has happened is that many of the "national tournaments" have become more of a regional event and not true national tournament.  The more tournaments you have the weaker all of the tournaments become.

10 hours ago, cbg said:

It's all about the money!  Everyone is trying to cash in and make money off the backs of the wrestlers and their families.  NHSCA began having a folkstyle senior national tournament many years ago and when everyone noticed how successful Bob Ferraro was they decided they wanted a piece of the pie.  The only thing that has happened is that many of the "national tournaments" have become more of a regional event and not true national tournament.  The more tournaments you have the weaker all of the tournaments become.

FloNationals, Reno Worlds, Adidas Nationals and NUWAY Nationals were all on this same weekend.