Who ARE THE TOP 6A TEAMS IN MEMPHIS?

Briscoe

With the arrival of a couple of good coaches, I think 6A become more wide open! Marcus Wimberly taking over at Cordova and Major Harris at Central will make push Saulsbury to get out of Memphis. My top 5 in West Tn 6A:

1. Whitehaven

2 . Cordova

3. Central

4. Germantown

5. White Station

36 minutes ago, Wilddog said:

With the arrival of a couple of good coaches, I think 6A become more wide open! Marcus Wimberly taking over at Cordova and Major Harris at Central will make push Saulsbury to get out of Memphis. My top 5 in West Tn 6A:

1. Whitehaven

2 . Cordova

3. Central

4. Germantown

5. White Station

There are only nine (9) 6A schools in west Tennessee. You may as well have list them from 1 - 9. I tend to agree with you in this regard. I think that Region 8 (Whitehaven, White Station, Central, and Germantown) is stronger then Region 7 (Bartlett, Collierville, Houston, Arlington, and Cordova).

On 4/26/2018 at 9:09 AM, kwc said:

There are only nine (9) 6A schools in west Tennessee. You may as well have list them from 1 - 9. I tend to agree with you in this regard. I think that Region 8 (Whitehaven, White Station, Central, and Germantown) is stronger then Region 7 (Bartlett, Collierville, Houston, Arlington, and Cordova).

OK....

1.WHITEHAVEN

2. CORDOVA

3. CENTRAL

4. GERMANTOWN

5. WHITE STATION

6. ARLINGTON

7. COLLIERVILLE

8. HOUSTON

9. BARTLETT

1 hour ago, Wilddog said:

OK....

1.WHITEHAVEN

2. CORDOVA

3. CENTRAL

4. GERMANTOWN

5. WHITE STATION

6. ARLINGTON

7. COLLIERVILLE

8. HOUSTON

9. BARTLETT

Here is mine.

Whitehaven

Germantown

White Station

Central

Cordova

Arlington

Collierville

Bartlett

Houston

Logic:

I'm putting Whiethaven 1st even though Germantown beat them last year during the regular season. Whithaven made it to the Semi-finals last year. Germantown didn't. I'm putting White Staion in fron of Central and Cordova because both of those schools will have new head coaches. Cordova will have WImberly from East and Central will have Major Wright from Raleigh-Egypt.

Both coach Wright and coach Wimberly are excellent coaches in their own right. Major Wright had RE being a consistently competative force in 3A. No doubt, had he stayed in 3A, RE would be considered a top 3A team in the state.

RE went undefeated in the regular season last year. Also, coach Wright build White Station into a force to be rekoned with when he was in the large public school classification before he went to coach in the large school classification in D2. He's not new to this and Memphis Central will be a force in years to come. However, the first year will require getting everyone on the same page. 

Memphis East won the 4A state title in 2016 under Wimberly's leadership. The resources at Memphis East are limited. Moving to coach at a much bigger Cordova is the next step for a coach of his caliber.  Again, this is his first year there just like coach Wright at Central. Cordova will be undergoing a learning phase under him just like Central will be doing under coach Wright.

Both coaches are already at their new schools so they are already working with their new teams, so by the fall, this new coach at a new school thing may all be mute. Cordova had two recruits sign LOIs to play at the University of Tennessee off of this past team. Central has a player to commit to the U of M a,d another to commit to LSU. Both have a LOT of talent every year. 

Anywho, that's why I selected the teams as I did.

8 minutes ago, kwc said:

Here is mine.

Whitehaven

Germantown

White Station

Central

Cordova

Arlington

Collierville

Bartlett

Houston

Logic:

I'm putting Whiethaven 1st even though Germantown beat them last year during the regular season. Whithaven made it to the Semi-finals last year. Germantown didn't. I'm putting White Staion in fron of Central and Cordova because both of those schools will have new head coaches. Cordova will have WImberly from East and Central will have Major Wright from Raleigh-Egypt.

Both coach Wright and coach Wimberly are excellent coaches in their own right. Major Wright had RE being a consistently competative force in 3A. No doubt, had he stayed in 3A, RE would be considered a top 3A team in the state.

RE went undefeated in the regular season last year. Also, coach Wright build White Station into a force to be rekoned with when he was in the large public school classification before he went to coach in the large school classification in D2. He's not new to this and Memphis Central will be a force in years to come. However, the first year will require getting everyone on the same page. 

Memphis East won the 4A state title in 2016 under Wimberly's leadership. The resources at Memphis East are limited. Moving to coach at a much bigger Cordova is the next step for a coach of his caliber.  Again, this is his first year there just like coach Wright at Central. Cordova will be undergoing a learning phase under him just like Central will be doing under coach Wright.

Both coaches are already at their new schools so they are already working with their new teams, so by the fall, this new coach at a new school thing may all be mute. Cordova had two recruits sign LOIs to play at the University of Tennessee off of this past team. Central has a player to commit to the U of M a,d another to commit to LSU. Both have a LOT of talent every year. 

Anywho, that's why I selected the teams as I did.

All good points!

We are discussing football in Memphis. That is a camp being done here in Memphis. There may be a local high school football player or the parent of a local high school football player or the uncle or aunt of one who may not know about it and could learn about it because they saw the title to this thread and then discover it when they come into this thread. That's why I put it in here.

• 1 month later...
15 hours ago, BlackHavenSenator said:

It's the Whitehaven invitational in the West jack

The level of coaching in 6A has improved with Major Wright being the new HC at Central and coach Wimberly being the new HC at Cordova; fresh off of his 4A state champion in 2016 when he was at East.  I like the quality of depth in coaching in 6A, especially in Region 8.

Edited by kwc

• 3 weeks later...

All credit needs to go to former East Coach Marcus Wimberly for developing Keveon Mullins into a dynamic receiver! This kid was very raw when he showed up an the campus of East. Wimberly developed him into a beast! I see you guys posting all of these SEC commits on this site, but my question to you guys is, how many of these guys came into Whitehaven's program as freshman? Looks to me that most of these guys are transfers. You guys are all over the city stealing players where coaches at smaller schools took time to do it the right way and develop kids through hard work and then you guys come out of no where and get the kid to transfer their Junior/Senior year. Then to add on, you guys try to claim the success. FAKE NEWS!!!!!!!!