Cleveland high school

1 hour ago, 92Dragon said:

Why are players transferring? Is Coach Cummings weeding out the "bad apples" or what? 

LOL.  Yeah that’s it.  From what I hear, the kids are doing the “weeding”.  Focusing on other sports like baseball, wrestling or outright transferring.  He should have been doing some “weeding” the last 2 years and didn’t.  That’s in part why his roster is about half that of the Bears.

3 hours ago, DonDraper said:

LOL.  Yeah that’s it.  From what I hear, the kids are doing the “weeding”.  Focusing on other sports like baseball, wrestling or outright transferring.  He should have been doing some “weeding” the last 2 years and didn’t.  That’s in part why his roster is about half that of the Bears.

I'd rather have 40 kids that wanted to be there and win as a team than 80 that just wanted to show up and think it's all about them! Football is a team sport, but you have kids nowadays that don't understand or care about that. 

4 hours ago, 92Dragon said:

I'd rather have 40 kids that wanted to be there and win as a team than 80 that just wanted to show up and think it's all about them! Football is a team sport, but you have kids nowadays that don't understand or care about that. 

Yep.  Has to be the right 40 though. What if some of the remaining 40 were actually part of the problem and weren’t team oriented?

7 minutes ago, DonDraper said:

Yep.  Has to be the right 40 though. What if some of the remaining 40 were actually part of the problem and weren’t team oriented?

If the good kids are transferring and the trouble kids are staying, I'd say it's time to find a coach that can take control of his team.

14 minutes ago, DaBears1976 said:

Looks like a transfer went Cleveland's way for once. Their running game won't miss a beat from last year. Heard that Quinn from the Owls transferred. Was this recent? Reason PA hasn't been around any? 

Quinn, is really good. I hope he is Sincere about practice.