CPA WINS!!!!

Guest smith1

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Online,

One phrase I would never use when referring to CPA people is "common folk". From what I can see you are some pretty great people. Sorry I missed you too. Uncharacteristic of me I stayed seated for the entire game. Only got to meet big and jim after the game. I really do wish you guys the best next week. USJ ranks right under Ezell in my book. What are your feelings on the matchup?

T

I was sat with my wife so I should really be more careful on using the term Common Folk.

We have enjoyed playing USJ over the last 3 seasons and I certainly respect what they have accomplished. I thought they would be down a little from last year as they lost some great talent with Greg Fay, Franklin Payne, Andy Metcalf and Russ DeLoach. I think they are a little like CPA in that they have had a great season with no real superstars on the team.

As you know we played USJ in the first game of the season when we lost our Tailback Eric Holt with an ACL and USJ also lost their starting QB. That was not a pretty game for CPA and I am sure USJ are fully aware that we are not the same team that was spluttering on Offense in Weeks 1-3. I think our defensive scheme over the last 2 weeks is the best I have ever seen at CPA. We basically held two high scoring offenses (Collinwood and Ezell) to a combined point total of 13 points on the road. We have always had a great run defense, over the last two weeks we have really come to maturity in passing defense as well.

Ezell simply turned the ball over too much to be competitive. Good Luck to CPA you guys have a solid team. No superstars just well coached and play good defense reminds me of a Big Ten team. Hard to overcome 4 to 5 turnovers and 2 others that should have been. Proabably the worst officated game for BOTH sides i ahve seen in a while but that is part of the game.

Good Job on the defense Coach Moore. Must be nice to have two of hte best coaches on one team in the state. Defense was solid and when you line up up in 3 man front and get pressuer on the QB with 4 men droppin 7 you are usually gonna win. CPA's line is your guys MVP imho.

Good luck bring home another Gold Ball to the region.

Guest pastureboy

congrads to CPA and thank you too. you showed them ezell boys that they aren't the all powerful force they thought they were. its great to see them go down. you really showed that cocky bunch how to play football.

I gave you a Good Mark for telling the tuth here.

Posted by robjim:

Thanks Chakra, sorry I didn't get a chance to meet up with ya. Bighurt is the better looking one in our group, so it was good you two got together. Dittos on the officiating, did not understand that punt no/call. Take care and maybe we'll see you Boro.