Northview vs Oneida

oaklandfan

1 hour ago, Spike16 said:

I agree. They go to Cookeville to scrimmage a couple teams this comin Friday. Then the next Friday Stone Memorial is comin to the Reservation for a scrimmage. We should see and know what the O will look like real soon. 

We've been scrimmaging Stonehead the past few season and there usually a fairly tough group.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Fall101
4 hours ago, rtl112 said:

We've been scrimmaging Stonehead the past few season and there usually a fairly tough group.

I’ve heard they are a tough nosed football team. Curious to see what this Oneida team has this year. 

22 hours ago, Spike16 said:

Been told it's a spread very very similar to what Sevier County runs. I haven't seen it for myself, but I reckon it's true. 

That will be very interesting. Many times it is hard to run the spread at smaller, rural schools due to the lack of athletes at skill positions. Luckily we are in a position at Meigs where we can spread it out a little bit. I am sure Coach Lambert will find a way to make this work for Oneida and continue to be hard-nosed at the same time. It will be interesting to see if and how often Oneida will be able to throw the ball as well.

4 hours ago, MarsBlackmon said:

That will be very interesting. Many times it is hard to run the spread at smaller, rural schools due to the lack of athletes at skill positions. Luckily we are in a position at Meigs where we can spread it out a little bit. I am sure Coach Lambert will find a way to make this work for Oneida and continue to be hard-nosed at the same time. It will be interesting to see if and how often Oneida will be able to throw the ball as well.

In all honesty,i still think they will be a typical Lambert team.Run first and if he can control the clock and the game that's where he will stay.For him to change his stripes overnight it would have to be some kind of divine intervention.When i see it i will believe it. I like coach Lambert and I have watched a lot and I mean a lot of his games and to watch him on the sidelines if he has to throw the football he is a total mess!

Guest Fall101
1 hour ago, orngnblk said:

In all honesty,i still think they will be a typical Lambert team.Run first and if he can control the clock and the game that's where he will stay.For him to change his stripes overnight it would have to be some kind of divine intervention.When i see it i will believe it. I like coach Lambert and I have watched a lot and I mean a lot of his games and to watch him on the sidelines if he has to throw the football he is a total mess!

I agree! Gonna have to see it with my own eyes before I believe it 

Guest Fall101

Fellers this is what I know bout Oneidas offense. It is in fact a spread offense and very similar to what Sevier Co. runs. However Oneida will run it more than a typical spread offense. They have implemented more of a run first concept. They do and will throw the ball more than any past Oneida offense. Like O&B said it's gonna be a typical Lambert offense with focus on poundin and poundin till they wear the D down. They will line up in 4 and 5 wide sets and run the ball. However they will throw out of it too. They are not gonna throw it 30 times a game, but They will throw it more than years past!  

Guest Fall101
1 hour ago, Imthayeti said:

Look forward to playing you all this year. You all started out like 5-0 last year and first loss coming to a pretty good York team. How much improved you think your team will be?

I believe they will be improved not really sure just how much. With a Lambert coached team you can bet the house they are gonna be a tough hard nosed team. Gonna hang their hats on the defensive side of the ball. I Don't know exactly how this new offense is gonna work out but at least they are gonna spread teams out and not allow 10 in the box after 1st 3 series of the game. I certainly believe this will be a team that will get better each week and when playoffs roll round they will be a tough team. 

Saw a few plays offensive from Oneida's 6 way online(Max P), not sure who all they played, I thought one team looked like Kingston but maybe not. They were throwing well and running the ball in the vids. Didn't see any defense. If anyone knows who they played lmk I'd like to try to find highlights from the other teams of it.

Edited by TheOgre78

Guest Fall101
2 hours ago, TheOgre78 said:

Saw a few plays offensive from Oneida's 6 way online(Max P), not sure who all they played, I thought one team looked like Kingston but maybe not. They were throwing well and running the ball in the vids. Didn't see any defense. If anyone knows who they played lmk I'd like to try to find highlights from the other teams of it.

I know Kingston was there and Livingston. Oneida I don't think they played Kingston because they play them in jamboree in 2 weeks. I can't remember who all was there 

On 7/28/2018 at 2:22 PM, Spike16 said:

I know Kingston was there and Livingston. Oneida I don't think they played Kingston because they play them in jamboree in 2 weeks. I can't remember who all was there 

Sequatchie co, rockwood, Oneida, Kingston, Clay co and Livingston. Sequatchie played everyone besides Oneida. 

Guest Fall101
48 minutes ago, SCPRIDE30 said:

Sequatchie co, rockwood, Oneida, Kingston, Clay co and Livingston. Sequatchie played everyone besides Oneida. 

In your opinion who looked to be the best team there? If you were there. I saw some vids online but that don’t beat being there.