UC Golden Tornadoes VS Mayfield Cardinals August 17th at War Memorial

SImpleplan

On 7/16/2018 at 1:52 PM, SImpleplan said:

Danville was LOADED. Had the fastest human I've ever seen in person and he scored 3 times.

I'm really looking for a good UC vs Mayfield game this August. A team the caliber of UC doesn't just go in blindly without making adjustments. They always have some talent and lately they always contend for a state title. I hope they do that every year as I'm only against them for one game. Quality opponents is what I want the most for our team and UC is quality.

How about some hype from the UC faithful! Anyone gone to practices? I'm sure things are coming together nicely.

Hate to say it but they were pretty blind last year against Mayfield. Whipped worse than red headed step child.

On 7/16/2018 at 12:52 PM, SImpleplan said:

Danville was LOADED. Had the fastest human I've ever seen in person and he scored 3 times.

I'm really looking for a good UC vs Mayfield game this August. A team the caliber of UC doesn't just go in blindly without making adjustments. They always have some talent and lately they always contend for a state title. I hope they do that every year as I'm only against them for one game. Quality opponents is what I want the most for our team and UC is quality.

How about some hype from the UC faithful! Anyone gone to practices? I'm sure things are coming together nicely.

You either have not seen much football, or need to get out of rural western kentucky if the kid from Danville was the fastest you have seen in person.  Watched the Danville/Mayfield game online, and Danville just looked about average, Mayfield looked terrible.  The Danville kid wouldnt even be in the top 100 fastest high school football players ive seen.  The mayfield defense got sucked in on that reverse, and all over pursued the wrong direction, and nobody stayed home to cut him off coming the other way.  I could have run that in for a score.  The team that showed up in that game wouldnt have beat Union City.  Did think the one TD that Danville got near the end of half was bogus though, worst call i ever sawed.  I expect a good game between Mayfield, and Union City this year.  I could see it going either way.

On 7/19/2018 at 6:43 PM, Manowar said:

You either have not seen much football, or need to get out of rural western kentucky if the kid from Danville was the fastest you have seen in person.  Watched the Danville/Mayfield game online, and Danville just looked about average, Mayfield looked terrible.  The Danville kid wouldnt even be in the top 100 fastest high school football players ive seen.  The mayfield defense got sucked in on that reverse, and all over pursued the wrong direction, and nobody stayed home to cut him off coming the other way.  I could have run that in for a score.  The team that showed up in that game wouldnt have beat Union City.  Did think the one TD that Danville got near the end of half was bogus though, worst call i ever sawed.  I expect a good game between Mayfield, and Union City this year.  I could see it going either way.

Go either way? Hahahaha. 

• Like 1

On ‎7‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 6:43 PM, Manowar said:

Exaggerate much?

Yes, the Cards over-pursued several times in the state championship game... no doubt about it.

About the TD pass for the Ads... as much as I'd like to say conclusively that is was incomplete, I can't. According to KHSAA rules it looks like a TD. Hurts me to say it but true.

VanCleve is sub 4.4 40. Very fast high school kid.

Unless UC adds another dimension to their game, they won't win against our Cardinals.

Period.

• 2 weeks later...

2 things. First, to Simple Plan, the Vancleve boy wasn’t as fast as Xavier Shelton of 2009. Second, to anyone suggesting this game will be close, have you lost your minds?  UC lost the majority of that team that got killed last year. Mayfield in most positions will be better this year. More depth than I can ever remember at skill positions. More size than I can remember in any time since maybe 2010. It’s in Mayfield. I say bigger margin of victory for the Cards. 

12 hours ago, Manowar said:

Hearing Mayfield will be pretty good, and might even win a few games this year.

We're hearing that about Union City as well. Looking forward to the game here on the 17th. Several have said they think it will be closer than last year. That is certainly possible!

On ‎7‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 1:18 PM, ysoangry said:

Just going off what a buddy of mine was saying. Mayfield and Danville usually meet in playoffs every year don't they? Been hearing a few good things about Murray's skill players and QB. They have a chance at Mayfield this year? 

Mayfield and Danville have met several times in the playoffs but last year was the first time in a while. Our Cards have had a tough time against them and only won once out of 9 or so games.

Murray is supposed to be a good team this year. I'm hearing that it won't be a Mayfield blowout. Cards play them regular season but will probably see them in the playoffs as well.

This thread is almost as dead as this series will be after this year. Write this down, Mayfield will deliver another beat down at War Memorial in less than 2 weeks. Then the contract will be up. UC coaching staff does not like to lose and therefore will not sign another contract. I know, there is a lot of gate money in this game, but, UC doesn’t want to take that loss on a yearly basis.